PDA

View Full Version : 1 loss isn?t going to define this damn team!

Msujd164
09-24-2018, 12:11 PM
JoMo with emotion! I like it!

bluelightstar
09-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Yeah, he was visibly angry. Sometimes, it takes getting embarrassed. Saturday will tell the tale.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-24-2018, 12:17 PM
I'm not buying it because he didn't punch anything**

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 12:23 PM
JoMo with emotion! I like it!

Video link if you have WatchESPN

http://www.espn.com/watch/_/id/3429315/mississippi-state-football-press-conference

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2018, 12:32 PM
He was definitely pissed off. One thing I thought was interesting, anyone that gets a personal foul has to stand next to him and he will decide when they go back into the game.

Matty Dispatch
09-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Some players respond to being yelled at, some don't. Just because JoMo isn't a yeller doesn't mean there aren't other coaches who yell at the players. I really doubt JoMo is against yelling, he just does what fits his personality. The worst thing he can do is fake it because the players will see right through that. If you're wanting him to show emotion to prove he cares about MSU, that's just stupid. He cares about his job and the players & coaches he has relationships. We care about Mississippi State and winning games, who cares if he yells or shows emotion. Just win.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2018, 03:17 PM
It may. Every loss defines the team. More so than wins. We are already 1 game back on everyone except Ole Miss and aTm, who have already played Bama. I would argue we are dead last in the West due to this. Now we have all the games ahead of us to change that cause we still play all the west teams, but now we have to run the table.

Matty Dispatch
09-24-2018, 05:44 PM
It may. Every loss defines the team. More so than wins. We are already 1 game back on everyone except Ole Miss and aTm, who have already played Bama. I would argue we are dead last in the West due to this. Now we have all the games ahead of us to change that cause we still play all the west teams, but now we have to run the table.

Winning the West is all about beating Bama. If you don't beat Bama you don't win the West. The only teams to win the West since 2008 are Auburn (2010), LSU (2011), Auburn (2013) and Auburn (2017). All of them beat Bama. Texas A&M (2012) and Ole Miss (2014 & 2015) beat Bama but lost multiple SEC games. So it is possible to beat Bama. You have to beat them and only lose one other game. We've already lost that game so we have to run the table. But really, if this is THE year, it's SEC West or bust. Going 8-4 or 10-2 is the same to me (provided we take the Egg back) if we don't win the West.

msbulldog
09-24-2018, 06:29 PM
Some players respond to being yelled at, some don't. Just because JoMo isn't a yeller doesn't mean there aren't other coaches who yell at the players. I really doubt JoMo is against yelling, he just does what fits his personality. The worst thing he can do is fake it because the players will see right through that. If you're wanting him to show emotion to prove he cares about MSU, that's just stupid. He cares about his job and the players & coaches he has relationships. We care about Mississippi State and winning games, who cares if he yells or shows emotion. Just win.

WORD!!! +1

Cowbell
09-24-2018, 10:33 PM
In all honesty, this one loss will define this team. We just don’t know what that is yet.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2018, 11:00 PM
He was definitely pissed off. One thing I thought was interesting, anyone that gets a personal foul has to stand next to him and he will decide when they go back into the game.

That goes on most places from the 7th grade on up. Any good program anyway