PDA

View Full Version : Chill out....

Matt3467
09-24-2018, 12:06 PM
Just a few days ago people on here were praising Moorehead for how great he is and now it seems like if you're not wanting him gone you're having second thoughts about him. This is ridiculous. We're four games into the man's first season. Chill out.

Political Hack
09-24-2018, 12:31 PM
I agree calling him out is stupid this early. I'm more upset with the players. They didn't do their part. Slept walk through a road game in conference. It's embarrassing.

One loss may not define this team, but 1/4 through the season a lack of heart does.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2018, 12:38 PM
Our players didn't respect UK and it bite them in the ass. It doesn't matter how many times the coaching staff says not to overlook anyone, players are going to do whatever they do. UK played their ass off and we came out flat, that gets you beat most of the time on the road in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 12:48 PM
A lot of truth in this thread. I agree.

Jack Lambert
09-24-2018, 12:51 PM
Our players didn't respect UK and it bite them in the ass. It doesn't matter how many times the coaching staff says not to overlook anyone, players are going to do whatever they do. UK played their ass off and we came out flat, that gets you beat most of the time on the road in the SEC.

I agree with everything you just said but I do want to add something I believe. Even as bad as they played take back some of the bogus penalty State wins.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Just a few days ago people on here were praising Moorehead for how great he is and now it seems like if you're not wanting him gone you're having second thoughts about him. This is ridiculous. We're four games into the man's first season. Chill out.

There were a lot of discipline and game management issues.

There should be concern if Moorhead is the right guy.

Why should we trust he is the right guy? What has he done to earn that?

Doggie_Style
09-24-2018, 01:02 PM
The thing that bothered me the most was the coaches were not prepared to make adjustments on offense....throw some short screens!!!....instead he just stood there on the sideline looking like a wooden Indian

StateDawg44
09-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Agree.

They worked our team no matter how you try to spin it. Embarrassingly worked them.

Put your pitchforks away and sack up and move forward and quit coming up with excuses and blaming refs.

---

This board on full melt down is almost as embarrassing to the fanbase as the ass whooping MSU just took. Should make this site only viewable to joined members and not general public the way some of you flop back and forth from celebrating and praising Moorhead to whining and throwing in the towel. Some of you are worse than the press jumping to conclusions and making wild accusations and assumptions because you are so butt hurt.

Lord McBuckethead
09-24-2018, 01:07 PM
There are a few truths to the game the other night.
1. Our players underestimated UK.
2. Our coaches called a terrible game. No adjustments. Terrible schemes both sides of the ball.
3. Penalties is amateur hour. Our players should be embarrassed at how they handled their business.

Now given a DE that you cannot block, there are a few ways that this has been handled by other coaches at all levels of football. The typical solutions seem to include the following:

A. Power run right at the guy.
B. Jet sweep, screen pass, quick slants, attack the middle of the defensive line quickly, etc. The idea is to get this guy moving laterally a bunch. It slows down his immediate bull rush.
C. Run the other way.

None of these were either tried or committed to during our game. We let 2 guys on their team beat us. Now we as fans look at this and say, man....Moorhead surely didn't impress. Now granted, Moorhead may have experience handling this in a different manner. Start burning them on 15 yards passes and the offense starts to open up. Only issue is that one of those two guys was their best DE and was winning literally every snap. Every snap. Even some before the snap. So passing really wasn't an option the way we were trying to do it.

So, last week I was 100% on Moorhead's side. Now, it definitely changed my perception of him, Huff and Stoops. Now I have to expect them not to make the necessary in game adjustments, because the adjustment was so obvious my dumb ass self knows how to counteract it. I told my wife the game was over because our first drive out of the half didn't address a single thing that was happening on the field.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2018, 01:09 PM
I agree with everything you just said but I do want to add something I believe. Even as bad as they played take back some of the bogus penalty State wins.

Yes, the penalties definitely came at times that completely killed whatever momentum we had. Even on the drive we had for the TD, there was a couple of penalties that almost killed it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-24-2018, 01:12 PM

it was not just a matter of them being focused and us coming out flat. It was the reasoning behind it. They talked smack and baiting our players into uncharacteristic play. This probably happens alot but most players who are mentally disciplined don't fall for it. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. If you are out matched talent wise, try to get them out of their game mentally and that is what happened.

bluelightstar
09-24-2018, 01:16 PM
There are a few truths to the game the other night.
1. Our players underestimated UK.
2. Our coaches called a terrible game. No adjustments. Terrible schemes both sides of the ball.
3. Penalties is amateur hour. Our players should be embarrassed at how they handled their business.

Now given a DE that you cannot block, there are a few ways that this has been handled by other coaches at all levels of football. The typical solutions seem to include the following:

A. Power run right at the guy.
B. Jet sweep, screen pass, quick slants, attack the middle of the defensive line quickly, etc. The idea is to get this guy moving laterally a bunch. It slows down his immediate bull rush.
C. Run the other way.

None of these were either tried or committed to during our game. We let 2 guys on their team beat us. Now we as fans look at this and say, man....Moorhead surely didn't impress. Now granted, Moorhead may have experience handling this in a different manner. Start burning them on 15 yards passes and the offense starts to open up. Only issue is that one of those two guys was their best DE and was winning literally every snap. Every snap. Even some before the snap. So passing really wasn't an option the way we were trying to do it.

So, last week I was 100% on Moorhead's side. Now, it definitely changed my perception of him, Huff and Stoops. Now I have to expect them not to make the necessary in game adjustments, because the adjustment was so obvious my dumb ass self knows how to counteract it. I told my wife the game was over because our first drive out of the half didn't address a single thing that was happening on the field.

This is actually one of the weirdest parts of today's press conference. Moorhead acknowledged that we let one guy wreck the game plan, but also said that we had plays in the gameplan to get around that (quick game, screens, etc.). Weird that we didn't actually call them.

Tbonewannabe
09-24-2018, 03:06 PM
This is actually one of the weirdest parts of today's press conference. Moorhead acknowledged that we let one guy wreck the game plan, but also said that we had plays in the gameplan to get around that (quick game, screens, etc.). Weird that we didn't actually call them.

I am wondering if Fitz was checking out of those plays. Fitz just didn't look good at all against that defense combined with the weather was just a horrible combination.

Gutter Cobreh
09-24-2018, 03:24 PM

The rational posters have already posted in this thread (except for Shotgun who for some reason asks rhetorical questions so he can get his post count up). There may be a few that have come to their senses after a few days, but those are a few and far between.

The irrational posters and/or trolls are laying in wait, and will be the first ones to either say "I told you we would whip UF" or "I told you Moorhead sucked". Either way, they will not accept their full on melt down the other night.

Even if we lose to UF, I'm still digging Moorhead as HC!!