PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the "Moorhead is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers"

Saltydog
09-24-2018, 09:00 AM
folks? Good Lord that was an absolute catastrophe Saturday night. Hell, I don't think he's even playing checkers at this point. Please try to defend that performance.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:19 AM
You can’t defend the indefensible.

I was thinking this morning about the difference between Eddy O & Moorhead.

Moorhead is likely infinitely smarter & more creative, but Eddy O knows the identity of his football team & fan base. Until Moorhead figures out that it’s about designing an offense around the skill of the team rather than forcing the team to fit your offense, we are going to continue to look lost.

Cooterpoot
09-24-2018, 09:21 AM
We've got 12 TEs and we can't figure out they can help our tackles block Allen....SMH

DanDority
09-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Moorehead doesn't know how to handle players from the south, "read between the lines". I'm telling you only a few here will agree with me but in the south you have to get in a kids face and let them know who the Boss is! See all the half time social media using! All the BS Must end NOW!!!!!!!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:33 AM
Moorehead doesn't know how to handle players from the south, "read between the lines". I'm telling you only a few here will agree with me but in the south you have to get in a kids face and let them know who the Boss is! See all the half time social media using! All the BS Must end NOW!!!!!!!!!

yup. This isn’t Fordham or Penn State, who recruits the NE

This is a different type of kid in both good & bad ways.

The good news is that this is something he should be able to adjust to, although there are clearly growing pains.

WinningIsRelentless
09-24-2018, 09:45 AM
JoMo is still trying to pull that chess piece out of his you know what that Stoops stuffed in their nice and deep.

Dawg2003
09-24-2018, 09:51 AM
The cell phones should be banned at halftime. If you're on Instagram, you're not locked into the game. You can let go of the phone for a few hours. I taught for a short time and learned that kids want and need boundaries. They don't need a buddy that gives them too much autonomy. They need a leader that has control. The big concern is that this mentality has been engrained into the team over months. You don't change that in a week.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-24-2018, 10:38 AM
I think Moorhead is a brilliant X's and O's guy. And that is part of the problem. I think he looked at the X's and O's and took out the human element.

If the X's and O's say Fitz should throw it 32 times and we should hand it off to Williams and Hill only 12 times, then you have to say screw the X's and O's. I'm gonna run the damn ball even if UK does stack folks in the damn box. That is our identity, and I think we lost our identity.

I think Moorhead takes what the defense gives. He refuses to MAKE THE DEFENSE TAKE WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE! The defense gave us pass, so he took pass (32 passes by Fitz). He should have given the defense run, and told them to stop it. You can't let the opponent's alignment turn us into an air raid offense.

Cowbell
09-24-2018, 10:41 AM
I think Moorhead is a brilliant X's and O's guy. And that is part of the problem. I think he looked at the X's and O's and took out the human element.

If the X's and O's say Fitz should throw it 32 times and we should hand it off to Williams and Hill only 12 times, then you have to say screw the X's and O's. I'm gonna run the damn ball even if UK does stack folks in the damn box. That is our identity, and I think we lost our identity.

I think Moorhead takes what the defense gives. He refuses to MAKE THE DEFENSE TAKE WHAT WE WANT TO GIVE! The defense gave us pass, so he took pass (32 passes by Fitz). He should have given the defense run, and told them to stop it. You can't let the opponent's alignment turn us into an air raid offense.

The troubling part about this is he grew up a STEELERS fan...He should understand dominating the line of scrimmage and exerting your will on another team.