PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky is not good BTW

cheewgumm
09-24-2018, 08:44 AM
I hear talk of them winnin 9-10 games. They can?t pass AT ALL.

Smart teams will just stop them from running . The end.

MarketingBully
09-24-2018, 08:45 AM
No shit. We played like shit. 16 penalties isn’t going to beat anyone on the road.

msstate7
09-24-2018, 08:46 AM
To be honest, I think South Carolina beats them this week

bluelightstar
09-24-2018, 08:47 AM
They lose at A&M and to Georgia. Hard to see them keeping up with Mizzou on offense. Their game with South Carolina is going to be brutally ugly. They very well may win 8-9, but that's a function of the division.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 08:48 AM
Here's my thought on it.

- They are solid. Not good but solid

- They get exponentially better in a monsoon because they know exactly who and what they are and their advantage is even greater when the other team doesn't know who they are.

We went in and played a team that knew its identity in a monsoon while we did not.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 08:49 AM
To be honest, I think South Carolina beats them this week

Not if it's in another monsoon.

South Carolina may not score in that weather vs them.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 08:51 AM
They lose at A&M and to Georgia. Hard to see them keeping up with Mizzou on offense. Their game with South Carolina is going to be brutally ugly. They very well may win 8-9, but that's a function of the division.

If it's dry, they'll get beat by Mizzou, but, if it's a monsoon and Mizzou tries to throw it 45 times, I bet Kentucky wins.

I find it amazing that people don't realize how weather affected that game. Do you guys watch the games? Seriously it's difficult to tell sometimes.

BBN
09-24-2018, 08:51 AM
May want to go back and look at some game film. Kentucky can pass. They just didn’t need to Saturday. Why pass when you can run it down someone’s throat. Watch the Florida game, they passed just fine.

bluelightstar
09-24-2018, 08:52 AM
If it's dry, they'll get beat by Mizzou, but, if it's a monsoon and Mizzou tries to throw it 45 times, I bet Kentucky wins.

I find it amazing that people don't realize how weather affected that game. Do you guys watch the games? Seriously it's difficult to tell sometimes.

We did not lose that game because of the weather... I'll remind you that Dak beat Mizzou in a monsoon in 2015 with 40+ pass attempts. Drew Lock could absolutely do the same to Kentucky, because he actually can execute the pass game at a high level.

msstate7
09-24-2018, 08:56 AM

You right. We're a passing team.

BBN
09-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Hilarious post. Kentucky hasn’t played in a drop of rain until Saturday. So somehow they practiced in a monsoon and knew their identity while MSU did not? Kentucky DOMINATED both side of the line of scrimmage. To say they aren’t very good is saying MSU is awful. UK has been awful for a long time but over the last 5 years they have gotten a lot better. 315 average offensive line. If you can’t see that you weren’t watching.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 08:57 AM
They are good at RB and DL that's it. However they have momentum and a very hungry fan base backing them now so I think they can pull some more "upsets" over aTm and Missouri. They could have a special season this year going 11-1 without really beating any great teams. It's possible. They can beat aTm and Missouri if they play them like they did us and Florida. However if USCe exposes them this week they could also stumble to the finish and end up 8-4.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Hilarious post. Kentucky hasn’t played in a drop of rain until Saturday. So somehow they practiced in a monsoon and knew their identity while MSU did not? Kentucky DOMINATED both side of the line of scrimmage. To say they aren’t very good is saying MSU is awful. UK has been awful for a long time but over the last 5 years they have gotten a lot better. 315 average offensive line. If you can’t see that you weren’t watching.

The rain didn't make Kentucky better it made Moorhead and Fitz absolutely horrible. It's like every minute of rain stole a minute of football knowledge from them both. By the 4th quarter our HC and QB were at Pee Wee levels.

TUSK
09-24-2018, 09:02 AM
Here's my thought on it.

- They are solid. Not good but solid

- They get exponentially better in a monsoon because they know exactly who and what they are and their advantage is even greater when the other team doesn't know who they are.

We went in and played a team that knew its identity in a monsoon while we did not.

Would you expand on this, please?

msstate7
09-24-2018, 09:04 AM
We got beat bc we tried to be someone we aren't and Kentucky stayed with who they are. Kentucky out miss state'd us. They were hard, and we were soft. If we stay soft, we will be 6-6

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 09:06 AM

Pretty self explanatory there Jack Daniels. Hope you enjoyed that pounding headache yesterday after being on our board drunk bragging all Saturday night with Liverpool. He also was absent yesterday with you.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:10 AM

They didn't try to throw and we did.

If we run the ball 50 times, we win.

We aren't a passing team and attempted to be a passing team in a monsoon. Idiocy

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:12 AM
We got beat bc we tried to be someone we aren't and Kentucky stayed with who they are. Kentucky out miss state'd us. They were hard, and we were soft. If we stay soft, we will be 6-6

Exactly. That's exactly what I said.

Kentucky thrives in a monsoon because they knew who they where. We didn't.

msstate7
09-24-2018, 09:13 AM
Exactly. That's exactly what I said.

Kentucky thrives in a monsoon because they knew who they where. We didn't.

And will that be fixed? Most coaches have a huge ego, and want to prove their way works.

MarketingBully
09-24-2018, 09:17 AM
And will that be fixed? Most coaches have a huge ego, and want to prove their way works.

The only way it’s fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him don’t check out of our run calls to pass plays at the line and then he tells him stick to what you do best. That’s it. The QB controls this offense based on what the defense shows him. Fitz checked us out of run plays to pass plays.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:20 AM

No clue. We’ll see if Moorhead is just book smart or actually has common sense this week.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 09:22 AM
The only way it’s fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him don’t check out of our run calls to pass plays at the line and then he tells him stick to what you do best. That’s it. The QB controls this offense based on what the defense shows him. Fitz checked us out of run plays to pass plays.

The problem wasn't Fitz checking to the pass the problem was where he was throwing it. The check to pass wasn't an incorrect read it was the receiver and how he threw it that was incorrect. If Fitz was a pitcher he threw 80 balls and walked 20 dudes and the manager/coach never put in a relief pitcher or even gave him a mound visit.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:24 AM

This.

I’m not sure of the logistics of this or even if it’s plausible, but instead of an RPO team, MSU needs to be an RRPO team.

Seems like it would be extremely beneficial for this offense to be able to check out of running plays & into a better running play, rather than checking out of a running play & directly into a pass.

See what I’m saying?

Let’s check out of a bad running play into a better running play. Not go directly to a pass.

We need the RRPO offense instead of the RPO offense

TUSK
09-24-2018, 09:25 AM
Pretty self explanatory there Jack Daniels. Hope you enjoyed that pounding headache yesterday after being on our board drunk bragging all Saturday night with Liverpool. He also was absent yesterday with you.

1) It's Jim Beam... I'm too cheap to buy JD.
2) Hangovers are for poosies.
3) I didn't "brag" 'bout anything...

MarketingBully
09-24-2018, 09:25 AM
No clue. We’ll see if Moorhead is just book smart or actually has common sense this week.

I don’t think you guys understand what I’m saying. JoMo calls plays but the QB has the autonomy to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Fitz changed run calls to passing calls based on what he saw the Kentucky defense showed him. The only way this gets fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him let’s run plays that you feel the most comfortable with and run at least at a 60/40 run pass clip.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:27 AM
I don’t think you guys understand what I’m saying. JoMo calls plays but the QB has the autonomy to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Fitz changed run calls to passing calls based on what he saw the Kentucky defense showed him. The only way this gets fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him let’s run plays that you feel the most comfortable with and run at least at a 60/40 run pass clip.

I got it. Read my response to that post. You’re right

MarketingBully
The problem wasn't Fitz checking to the pass the problem was where he was throwing it. The check to pass wasn't an incorrect read it was the receiver and how he threw it that was incorrect. If Fitz was a pitcher he threw 80 balls and walked 20 dudes and the manager/coach never put in a relief pitcher or even gave him a mound visit.

We won’t win an SEC game with Fitz throwing it 32 times.

MarketingBully
I got it. Read my response to that post. You’re right

Sorry, was writing my response while you wrote yours. Saw it. :)

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 09:30 AM

We’d beat Arkansas.

Dawg61
09-24-2018, 09:33 AM

Sure we can if he'd stop picking the most difficult throw of the 4 options. Basically if Fitz would have thrown to the RBs, TE's or WR making the underneath route way more often instead of attempting 15 yard boundary throws with very minimal room for error we beat Kentucky. He is deciding were to throw it before the snap. Kentucky's DBs were all over Guidry and Mitchell. Fitz needed to fall in love with the other receiving options a lot more often than he choose to.

TUSK
09-24-2018, 09:33 AM
They didn't try to throw and we did.

If we run the ball 50 times, we win.

We aren't a passing team and attempted to be a passing team in a monsoon. Idiocy

Now that makes sense... thanks.

msudawglb
09-24-2018, 09:41 AM
The only way it?s fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him don?t check out of our run calls to pass plays at the line and then he tells him stick to what you do best. That?s it. The QB controls this offense based on what the defense shows him. Fitz checked us out of run plays to pass plays.

Pardon the pun, but that game was a perfect storm for Kentucky. I don't know how many drops we had (I know Guidry had at least 2) but that killed us. Also the penalties (I'm about ready for Leo Lewis to find the bench after so many crucial late hits). 55 couldn't block my grandmother at LT and the DE was in his head all night. Our OL played like crap. Our coaching was bad also. We should have ran a 3-4 defense against KY....We kept being overly aggressive and basically just running right past the runners.

And on top of all that, KY's fireworks in the second half created a smoke field on two of our early possessions. That didn't cause us to lose the game, but it just pissed me off even more.

Johnson85
09-24-2018, 09:54 AM
I hear talk of them winnin 9-10 games. They can?t pass AT ALL.

Smart teams will just stop them from running . The end.

They're the poor man's version of our 2010 team. Good power running game that can beat a lot of teams and a good enough passing game that people can't just sell out on the run completely, but probably not good enough to beat good defenses.

If Kentucky doesn't get away with two blatant offensive pass interferences to set up two touchdowns, our defense doesn't get deflated and they might only score 10 points. Or if Moorhead doesn't freeze up and decides to just pound the ball, maybe we give our D a little more rest.

But UK is definitely solid. If you put them in the west instead of us, they would be the fifth most talented team and way more talented than Arky and UM.

I think they end up 2nd or 3rd best team in the East this year.

BuckyIsAB****
09-24-2018, 11:09 AM
May want to go back and look at some game film. Kentucky can pass. They just didn?t need to Saturday. Why pass when you can run it down someone?s throat. Watch the Florida game, they passed just fine.

Hey dude you won for the 2nd time in 10 years congrats but why you still here fam

BB30
09-24-2018, 12:12 PM
Sure we can if he'd stop picking the most difficult throw of the 4 options. Basically if Fitz would have thrown to the RBs, TE's or WR making the underneath route way more often instead of attempting 15 yard boundary throws with very minimal room for error we beat Kentucky. He is deciding were to throw it before the snap. Kentucky's DBs were all over Guidry and Mitchell. Fitz needed to fall in love with the other receiving options a lot more often than he choose to.

The underneath routes weren't open very often if you go back and rewatch the game. KY was giving us the boundary throws and deeper routes. They took away the middle of the field and short passes.

I do believe if it isn't raining we definitely score more points and potentially win the game but we would still have the same problems that we have now it would just be glossed over by a win and would show back up in a different game.

You can't let weather conditions be the determining factor in if our offense can move the ball or not. We should have run right at the DEs and run some counters along with stretch plays to keep them honest IMO. There were several times we could have hit the edge as they were stacked in there and expecting DEs to contain. We just kept trying to stuff it up inside and it wasn't there. We were entirely too predictable. KY would just give us a look and dog Fitz into making a change.

Our run game schematically is quite different from the last few years.

If we had stud WRs and a QB that could really throw the football this wouldn't be a problem. JOMO just doesn't have the personnel to run the offense like he is wanting too and will need to adapt. We will see if he makes the necessary changes this week and has a plan for making adjustments based on what the defense is doing.

We went into that game with one plan and stubbornly tried to stick with it instead of hitting them in the mouth for 4 qtrs.

mparkerfd20
09-24-2018, 04:45 PM
They are good and will win between 8-10. Just watch.

msstate7
09-24-2018, 04:53 PM
They are good and will win between 8-10. Just watch.

They won't have to be good to win 8 games. They only have 1 sure loss in Georgia and 3 toss ups in South Carolina, at aTm, and at mizzou. They can lose all 3 toss ups and be 8-4.

IMissJack
09-24-2018, 05:30 PM
We have to get left tackle fixed in order fo pass much.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-24-2018, 05:38 PM
1) It's Jim Beam...

White label or black label?

BrunswickDawg
09-24-2018, 05:39 PM
They won't have to be good to win 8 games. They only have 1 sure loss in Georgia and 3 toss ups in South Carolina, at aTm, and at mizzou. They can lose all 3 toss ups and be 8-4.
Not that past years matter - but KY has beaten SC four years in a row and Mizzou 3 years in a row. I'm not certain those aren't leans to KY - especially with SC at home. I also hadn't realized that KY had been 4-4 in the SEC the past two years. They've now beaten 2 of their 4 SEC "regular" losses. Beat A&M and that's 3 - they have lost to their rotating West opponent 6 straight years. With the East the way it is they stand a strong chance of being a 1 loss team.

Commercecomet24
09-24-2018, 06:12 PM
Not that past years matter - but KY has beaten SC four years in a row and Mizzou 3 years in a row. I'm not certain those aren't leans to KY - especially with SC at home. I also hadn't realized that KY had been 4-4 in the SEC the past two years. They've now beaten 2 of their 4 SEC "regular" losses. Beat A&M and that's 3 - they have lost to their rotating West opponent 6 straight years. With the East the way it is they stand a strong chance of being a 1 loss team.

Yeah I think we tend to believe they're not that good cause we've dominated the series the last decade but stoops has amassed some talent especially on the defensive side of the ball. They're not uga but they're a solid team.

Homedawg
09-24-2018, 06:33 PM
The only way it?s fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him don?t check out of our run calls to pass plays at the line and then he tells him stick to what you do best. That?s it. The QB controls this offense based on what the defense shows him. Fitz checked us out of run plays to pass plays.

He didn't check any of our run calls to pass calls. He ran the rpo called. So blame Jomo on this one.

Homedawg
09-24-2018, 06:36 PM
I don?t think you guys understand what I?m saying. JoMo calls plays but the QB has the autonomy to change the play at the line of scrimmage. Fitz changed run calls to passing calls based on what he saw the Kentucky defense showed him. The only way this gets fixed is if JoMo talks to Fitz and tells him let?s run plays that you feel the most comfortable with and run at least at a 60/40 run pass clip.

No. He didn't. We called the play from the sideline and it's a check w me(the coach) and we waited forever to do that- then they shifted out of what they originally showed. Then Fitz ran the play and made the read according to what he saw post snap.

TUSK
09-24-2018, 08:05 PM
White label or black label?

https://images.abcfws.com/get/508902.image

Half gallon... plastic, too... (they make great funnels for diesel and pretty good long range, reactive targets)

bulldawg28
09-25-2018, 10:33 AM

I agree with the exception them beating Mizzou . I think they lose 2 regular season games.