PDA

View Full Version : Question on the unsportsmanlike fouls

Alphadog
09-23-2018, 09:07 PM
I see posts about Simmons crotch being grabbed leading to his penalty and rayfords being an innocent toss of the football that ?happened? to hit a uk player. Is there video evidence of this out there? I keep seeing video/pics of the PI calls but nothing on the unsportsmanlike penalties

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 11:45 PM
I'm not sure about any video, but some of KY's players were definitely baiting some of our players into trying to make them lose their cool and lose focus on their responsibilities on the field and focus more on the back and forth jawing. The referees certainly didn't help our cause.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 11:50 PM
Simmons face mask was grabbed and twisted at least 5 times just rewatch the game. In the 4th quarter is helmet was ripped off his head and he stood there staring at the official like "where's the flag" and nothing. We played poorly but the officiating was equally as poor.

hacker
09-24-2018, 07:06 AM
I saw the Rayford foul as it happened. He did it on purpose.

Matt3467
09-24-2018, 07:25 AM
To be fair I remember one point in the game Jeffrey Simmons taunting another UK player that received an unsportsmanlike penalty and Willie Gay was in his face trying to get him to stop. There's really no way to put a pretty spin on the way we played Saturday.

Buddy
09-24-2018, 07:51 AM
I saw the Rayford foul as it happened. He did it on purpose.

The KY QB shortarmed the throw and Rayford picked it up on the bounce and started running with the ball. The officials had blown the whistle for an incomplete pass but the KY WR kind of half-tackled Rayford out of bounds. When Rayford got up he flipped the ball at the WR who had tackled him. The flag came out immediately.

RiverCityDawg
09-24-2018, 08:59 AM
The KY QB shortarmed the throw and Rayford picked it up on the bounce and started running with the ball. The officials had blown the whistle for an incomplete pass but the KY WR kind of half-tackled Rayford out of bounds. When Rayford got up he flipped the ball at the WR who had tackled him. The flag came out immediately.

Correct, but everyone knows it's considered taunting by the refs if you flip the ball towards someone. I think they could have let it go, but considering the tone of the game the refs were going to be tight and Rayford has to be smarter.

hacker
09-24-2018, 09:00 AM

Yeah, it wasn't egregious or anything. But he did it on purpose out of frustration. 100% on him.