PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB has arrived....

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2018, 06:41 PM
Check out my thoughts on the UK debacle by clicking here. ("https://mwbulldogs.wordpress.com/2018/09/23/wmds-armchair-qb-bluegrass-beatdown) Hope you enjoy!

OSCAR
09-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Well done. Enjoyed your breakdown of the disaster.

Bdawg
09-23-2018, 07:47 PM
Nice job. I'm with you. I too feel we may have thrown away our special season on a KY team. Yes a freaking KY team. I'm still shocked.

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 09:45 PM
We will NOT run the table because we have to play at BAMA. And IMO, will lose several more.....probably LSU, Auburn, and now I'm thinking it won't be Montezuma's revenge, but Don Merlin's revenge this Saturday. We should beat the Gators, but I'm not near as confident as I was before. Nothing will be worse than seeing him walk off the Davis Wade turf for the last time grinning like a possum while Gator chomping his arms with a win.....but I am preparing myself for it so I won't stroke out.

GreenheadDawg
09-23-2018, 09:57 PM
Honestly, we will be lucky to win 7 games if the same team from Saturday comes out. That was one of the worst coached and played games I’ve seen in a long time.

IMissJack
09-23-2018, 11:29 PM
Honestly, we will be lucky to win 7 games if the same team from Saturday comes out. That was one of the worst coached and played games I’ve seen in a long time.

This one hurt more than any in a long time. I think most fans had convinced themselves we were a top 10 team, and this was going to be the best year ever.

Dawgfan77
09-24-2018, 04:43 AM
7... name me four we can win? I?m gonna say this again. We got punked by 3 Tds at Kentucky. Our coach got out coached by stoops... not bob stoops.... Mark stoops. While throwing 8 passes!!! What makes anyone think we can beat UF,AU,@LSU, @OM. Hell Tech worries me now.
Cohn swung on Moorehead and missed.

Op4isabitch
09-24-2018, 08:00 AM
If the same team shows up to any further games this season we won't win against, FL, AUB, LSU, aTm and certainly not Bama. I'd say a toss up with OM and we should beat ARK.

Now if last Saturday taught the team and coaches a lesson and the team can get refocused, then I see us being competitive and possibly winning 4 of those games. We have talent on the team, although I don't believe it is as good in places as we were lead to believe but good enough to finish 3rd in the west if the chips fall in place.

Dawg2003
09-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Besides AK, KY was our easiest SEC team. At this point, I don't see us even beating OM. We will be emotionally broken and checked out by that time. It's also in Oxford, and the players will loose their cool. FL will beat us next weekend because the players will be too emotional, and Dan knows how to beat us. This is also a big game for Dan because he wasn't supposed to loose to KY either. So he will come in with guns blazing because he needs some redemption.

tcdog70
09-24-2018, 09:45 AM
Our D-line didn't play that bad. Where we sucked was our linebackers were ghost. They never filled the gap and made a tackle. They whiffed or got caught up in the flow. The Wildcat Center held Simmons on everyplay. It got worse when they saw the Refs weren't going to call it. Ky played on a short field the whole night. Our punters are just average. penalties are why Ky scored in the first Half. Our Pitiful offense kept the Defense on the field to long. Add in the fact that stupid penalties kept their drives alive. The offensive might need to scrap the checking with JOMO till 2 seconds before the clock expires before snapping. Go up to the line snap the ball and run it down their throats. I know that sound simple--but that is our identity. Then off of a play-action throw it some. I wonder where the screen pass was Saturday? seems like a screen to Hill might have slowed down their pass rush.

Political Hack
09-24-2018, 09:49 AM
You can post the story here with a link if you'd like WMD. Please post both though.

Thank you.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2018, 06:19 PM
We will NOT run the table because we have to play at BAMA. And IMO, will lose several more.....probably LSU, Auburn, and now I'm thinking it won't be Montezuma's revenge, but Don Merlin's revenge this Saturday. We should beat the Gators, but I'm not near as confident as I was before. Nothing will be worse than seeing him walk off the Davis Wade turf for the last time grinning like a possum while Gator chomping his arms with a win.....but I am preparing myself for it so I won't stroke out.

Note that I didn't say we would run the table. I said we *could* run it. Big difference. My personal opinion is that 9 wins is now our ceiling with 8 being most likely. Losses to LSU, Auburn, and Bama. That said, I really believe a lot of Saturday night was us getting the big head. I think we'll see a much more focused team on Saturday against Lateral Move and UF. What I'm really hoping is that JoeMo wakes up and commits to running the ball. If he does, we'll be just fine.

War Machine Dawg
09-24-2018, 06:20 PM
This one hurt more than any in a long time. I think most fans had convinced themselves we were a top 10 team, and this was going to be the best year ever.

It still can be. We just have to respond appropriately. It sucks and I'm pissed, but the talent is there. Now it's up to the players to respond and the coaches to learn how to adjust.

thf24
09-25-2018, 08:55 AM
I've been wondering if the passfest was a result of intentional calls by Moorhead, Fitz just going with the read the RPO presented, or Fitz checking out of runs to passes. Regardless, I wish Moorhead would have taken the "P" out of the acronym and revoked Fitz' option to check out when it was clear we were struggling.