PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see Moorheads comments

Cowbell
09-23-2018, 04:34 PM
On penalties in last weeks talk at the Veranda. He claimed that statistically, the ?analytics? claim that there is zero correlation between penalties and wins/losses. He was shrugging off our penalty issues. That concerned me then. I?m scared that he is so analytical in his thinking that he has trouble with intangibles.

SailingDawg
09-23-2018, 04:45 PM
I think it affects the players' play when you have a a bad call, like the one on Leo Lewis'. Sure, there were plenty that were our fault, but it was definitely a homer crew and all sorts of crap was going on in the pile. I know Sweat was very mad about a missed hold one time, and wasn't there a missed facemask in the second half?

maroonmania
09-23-2018, 04:47 PM
On penalties in last weeks talk at the Veranda. He claimed that statistically, the ?analytics? claim that there is zero correlation between penalties and wins/losses. He was shrugging off our penalty issues. That concerned me then. I?m scared that he is so analytical in his thinking that he has trouble with intangibles.

Well he needs to go back and put last night's game into his analytics because penalties were HUGE. Penalties can always be overcome if you dominate a team but close, tight games are almost always heavily influenced by penalties and judgement calls on the field. You have to be decidedly better than your competition to overcome getting 16 penalties called on you.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 04:54 PM

I'm curious how this is calculated. I'd need to see the formula used to make this claim.

Bully13
09-23-2018, 05:14 PM
I would put several other aspects of last night's cock show above the penalties in terms of what caused us to get the ever loving shit kicked out of us.

Lord McBuckethead
09-23-2018, 06:30 PM
Being a bunch of Pussies was the leading cause.

craigmid
09-23-2018, 07:07 PM
In watching the post game press conference, it is very evident that CJM doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency.

BeardoMSU
09-23-2018, 07:17 PM
Statistics, lol?....that makes sense considering Joe was an English major in college...**

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ra1bmpxpsppNC/giphy.gif

Drewbowski
09-23-2018, 07:28 PM
Anyone else going to admit we have an overstufffed fatneck as HC that sees no fault in himself nor his system yet?

Mobile Bay
09-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Anyone else going to admit we have an overstufffed fatneck as HC that sees no fault in himself nor his system yet?

I will admit it. Cohen ****ed this up horribly. Moorehead was lost and bewildered last night. He has let our teams discipline run off the rails. He has no business as an SEC coach.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 07:52 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with his system. You just have to have a quarterback who can run it. It puts a lot more on a quarterback. JoeMo sets the formations, and the quarterback determines whether to pass, hand off, or run the ball himself, based upon his reading the defensive formation. Being able to stretch the field, with passing the ball down the field is a key component of his offensive strategy.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 08:02 PM
I will admit it. Cohen ****ed this up horribly. Moorehead was lost and bewildered last night. He has let our teams discipline run off the rails. He has no business as an SEC coach.

We are only 4 games into the season, and Cohen screwed the hire up? Huh? However please learn how to spell our coach's name correctly. It is Moorhead, and not Moorehead.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 08:06 PM
Moorhead better have learned to hang up the mad scientist we are going to out vocabulary and out think people because its not going to work.

Truth is UK aint very good and we let them make us look like shit. I thought our goal was to win a championship not be in a dogfight with UK.

Greg Eiland is going to play in the NFL, he is not that bad. Moorhead and his system made him look like shit the other night. He better wake up or GTFO

bluelightstar
09-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Right now I am afraid we hired Bret Bielema. Our program is in a gut-check game that we haven't seen since the 2016 South Carolina game.

Dawg2003
09-23-2018, 08:21 PM

I wouldn't put it quite that way, but I have a feeling he will continue to force this offensive scheme onto a team that can't run it. I was an English major. English majors are some of the most arrogant people you will come across.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Anyone that thinks that penalties are OK or don't matter is an idiot.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:33 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with his system. You just have to have a quarterback who can run it. It puts a lot more on a quarterback. JoeMo sets the formations, and the quarterback determines whether to pass, hand off, or run the ball himself, based upon his reading the defensive formation. Being able to stretch the field, with passing the ball down the field is a key component of his offensive strategy.

The problem is our QB cares more about partying than winning.

I can take solace in the fact that he is losing millions of dollars in the process.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:34 PM
Moorhead better have learned to hang up the mad scientist we are going to out vocabulary and out think people because its not going to work.

Truth is UK aint very good and we let them make us look like shit. I thought our goal was to win a championship not be in a dogfight with UK.

Greg Eiland is going to play in the NFL, he is not that bad. Moorhead and his system made him look like shit the other night. He better wake up or GTFO

Greg Eiland looked pretty bad to me. False starts is not on the system.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:35 PM
I'm curious how this is calculated. I'd need to see the formula used to make this claim.

At best it would be a statistical anomaly. Kind of like "striking out doesn't matter!"

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 08:54 PM
Greg Eiland looked pretty bad to me. False starts is not on the system.

It is when you have to get 3 of 4 different plays in a stadium filled with 60 thousand people who would love nothing more than to see you screw up. And oh yeah you have to block a SEC athlete or athletes in front of you. And it could be 3 or 4 different ones depending on the ''check with me'' dr. moorhead decides he wants to run on a given play. And do all of this in a 25 second span before every snap.

preachermatt83
09-24-2018, 12:53 AM

I heard it and it troubled me when I heard it as well

preachermatt83
09-24-2018, 12:54 AM
It is when you have to get 3 of 4 different plays in a stadium filled with 60 thousand people who would love nothing more than to see you screw up. And oh yeah you have to block a SEC athlete or athletes in front of you. And it could be 3 or 4 different ones depending on the ''check with me'' dr. moorhead decides he wants to run on a given play. And do all of this in a 25 second span before every snap.
Dr Moorhead. That's hilarious