PDA

View Full Version : State opens -8.5 vs Florida

Jacksondevildog
09-23-2018, 03:27 PM
Nm

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm staying away from that.

I'm really confused about the quality of our team right now.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 03:41 PM
I'm staying away from that.

I'm really confused about the quality of our team right now.

Had a bad game on the road. New head coach has some growing pains. It happens. Everyone should push their colon back up their butts. Moorhead is a smart guy. He will figure it out. Two home games to get well.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2018, 03:48 PM
Are they crazy???? Gamblers gonna jump all over that.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 03:51 PM
Had a bad game on the road. New head coach has some growing pains. It happens. Everyone should push their colon back up their butts. Moorhead is a smart guy. He will figure it out. Two home games to get well.

I want to agree. Just not sure he figures it out this week.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 04:02 PM
I want to agree. Just not sure he figures it out this week.

Well we can count on Mullen doing some of the things he did that pissed us off while at State. Also Home game. No Noise when on offense. We will all feel better Sunday morning.

Political Hack
09-23-2018, 04:06 PM
That'll drop quick. We're fools gold.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Man looks in the abyss, there's nothing staring back at him. At that moment, man finds his character. And that is what keeps him out of the abyss.

The team is looking into the abyss this week. Let's see if they find their character or fall into the abyss

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 04:15 PM
Depends on if it rains. We can't play anything resembling football in the rain.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 04:17 PM

Just run the ball until they put nine in the box.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 04:24 PM
Just run the ball until they put nine in the box.

We kept running it up the middle with 19 players in the box.

TNDawg35
09-23-2018, 05:20 PM
I wondered why we didn’t try a speed sweep with Guidry once or twice. They were giving us the edge. But we kept trying to run right up the middle. That and Fitz running like he was dickless....

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 05:40 PM
I wondered why we didn’t try a speed sweep with Guidry once or twice. They were giving us the edge. But we kept trying to run right up the middle. That and Fitz running like he was dickless....

Moorhead couldn't read his play chart in the rain.

basedog
09-23-2018, 05:59 PM
I'm seeing us and 7 from Vegas. I don't see us covering in this game.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 06:21 PM
We kept running it up the middle with 19 players in the box.

We ran the ball only 28 times in a three hour rain shower and threw 32 times. Run the ball when it is raining.

msstate7
09-23-2018, 06:23 PM
"Don't stop believing" just came on my radio. I'll take that as a good omen. We gonna win (fingers crossed)

RocketDawg
09-23-2018, 06:29 PM
After last night, I'm not sure we're going to win at all. Maybe they were overlooking UK and forward to Florida, but the cockiness is what got them to a large degree.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 06:32 PM
"Don't stop believing" just came on my radio. I'll take that as a good omen. We gonna win (fingers crossed)

Yep might as well go all in.

MarketingBully
09-23-2018, 06:45 PM
The biggest difference between Saturday’s game and Kentucky’s is we were on the road. I think we turn it around and win on Saturday. Florida got a +5 TO margin to win against Tennessee. I dont see them doing that to us. In our two road games we have 29 penalties and about 12 false starts. We are a different team at home.

Dawgfan77
09-23-2018, 06:59 PM

We are coached as bad as when Croom was here. People we just got beat on the road by 3 TDS. We got blown the 17 out! When will everyone realize we made a bad hire? If joe cowards At UK what?s he gonna do the rest of the year.
Look I appreciate your optimism but we are not coached well and will be lucky to win 6 games

Mobile Bay
09-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Mullen knows every one of our weaknesses. Moorehead has produced a raging dumpster fire of a team. We might beat La Tech and Arkansas, but that is it.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 08:20 PM
We ran the ball only 28 times in a three hour rain shower and threw 32 times. Run the ball when it is raining.

Agreed but attacking the edges with the run still counts as running the ball. UK had 8 in the box and we were in a tight bunch and STILL running it up the middle. That's just flat dumb.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Agreed but attacking the edges with the run still counts as running the ball. UK had 8 in the box and we were in a tight bunch and STILL running it up the middle. That's just flat dumb.

Exactly. Its not hard. And if his offense is really as complicated as he wants it to seem like with all his big fancy words and analytics then Fitz will never be able to run it bc his strength aint between his ears

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 08:31 PM

We could get around the edge.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Mullen knows every one of our weaknesses. Moorehead has produced a raging dumpster fire of a team. We might beat La Tech and Arkansas, but that is it.

Nuts!

Bully13
09-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Nuts!

Excellent jack. Having battle of the bulge flashbacks?

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 08:57 PM
We could get around the edge.

Then pull the guards and blast Allen. Put in Lee and two TE's and again knock Allen on his ass. Run WR reverses. Attack the edges till they open the middle and then gash em. Moorhead was really messed up by the rain. He played slow clock controlling football last night. We suck at that. Playing not to lose only guarantees losing. Our one scoring drive took over 8 minutes.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 09:07 PM
Then pull the guards and blast Allen. Put in Lee and two TE's and again knock Allen on his ass. Run WR reverses. Attack the edges till they open the middle and then gash em. Moorhead was really messed up by the rain. He played slow clock controlling football last night. We suck at that. Playing not to lose only guarantees losing. Our one scoring drive took over 8 minutes.

Agreed! Moorhead has some learning to do.

Bothrops
09-23-2018, 10:14 PM

Reserve this declaration to the outcome of the Florida game. If we lose it, you may have the floor.

Charlee08
09-23-2018, 10:22 PM
Y’all are way too physical for Florida and should be able to wear them down late in the 3rd quarter. Could be a blow out if they turn the ball over a lot.

Dawgs win, 30-17.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 10:38 PM
Y’all are way too physical for Florida and should be able to wear them down late in the 3rd quarter. Could be a blow out if they turn the ball over a lot.

Dawgs win, 30-17.

Depends on if it rains and Moorhead doesn't run any semblance whatsoever of the offense he was hired to run. Also if he gives our dark horse heisman candidate RB only 4 touches again. Did Kentucky secretly feed Moorhead stupid pills on Friday night?

Charlee08
09-23-2018, 10:58 PM
Depends on if it rains and Moorhead doesn't run any semblance whatsoever of the offense he was hired to run. Also if he gives our dark horse heisman candidate RB only 4 touches again. Did Kentucky secretly feed Moorhead stupid pills on Friday night?

I don’t know what last night was, but I’m glad it happened. You guys are going to be fine. Second in the west is definitely doable for you guys and I’ll definitely root you all on the rest of the season.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 11:15 PM

LOL Being negative and clueless on a subject can be a perfect match sometimes.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 11:21 PM
I don’t know what last night was, but I’m glad it happened. You guys are going to be fine. Second in the west is definitely doable for you guys and I’ll definitely root you all on the rest of the season.

Appreciate it but what happened is we all just realized we took 5 steps backwards in the process that we'd been building on for over 9 years since we finally got rid of Croom. Now we all must develop more patience as we wait for a 1st year SEC HC to learn from his own mistakes. 1. being he's way too 17ing nice to everyone. 2. he calls play calls in the rain like it's Lucy pulling the football out on Charlie in Snoopy. People get very irritable when they realize they must go through another 4-5 years just to get back to where we were when Dickhead decided he wanted to be a scumbag and bolt for a cushier job with Air Jordans.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 11:34 PM
Appreciate it but what happened is we all just realized we took 5 steps backwards in the process that we'd been building on for over 9 years since we finally got rid of Croom. Now we all must develop more patience as we wait for a 1st year SEC HC to learn from his own mistakes. 1. being he's way too 17ing nice to everyone. 2. he calls play calls in the rain like it's Lucy pulling the football out on Charlie in Snoopy. People get very irritable when they realize they must go through another 4-5 years just to get back to where we were when Dickhead decided he wanted to be a scumbag and bolt for a cushier job with Air Jordans.

How do you know that those passes were called from the sidelines, and not actually due to a quarterback read of the defense?

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 11:46 PM
How do you know that those passes were called from the sidelines, and not actually due to a quarterback read of the defense?

Oh Fitz was total shit too but Moorhead has to be able to be on the same page with his QB all game. Those two looked like two monkeys ****ing a football last night with the constant check with the side line bullshit and then call the absolute worst call after taking 22 seconds to decide. How on earth does Moorhead not blow a gasket at some point with the constant cluster**** going on and all the penalties. Mind blowing.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2018, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't touch that line. Don and Grantham both know Futz couldn't throw it in the ocean if he was in a rowboat. Running is going to be tough against that 8 man box.

Also, this team has demonstrated they cannot contain their emotions.... and there will be some emotions Saturday.

bluelightstar
09-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Hard to see a win unless Fitz actually hits some passes. Grantham is going to give Fitz pass looks, and he's likely going to miss the passes. We'll also have a wide open receiver downfield (3rd & Grantham baby), and Fitz will sail it 10 yards past the guy.

Dawgfan61
09-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Actually it opened at 7 and went to 8.5 and is now coming back down to 7.5 and 8 per Vegas Insider. So someone bet it up to 8.5 at first and its coming down now.

Dawgology
09-24-2018, 09:49 AM
Hard to see a win unless Fitz actually hits some passes. Grantham is going to give Fitz pass looks, and he's likely going to miss the passes. We'll also have a wide open receiver downfield (3rd & Grantham baby), and Fitz will sail it 10 yards past the guy.

This is exactly what will happen.

RiverCityDawg
09-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Actually it opened at 7 and went to 8.5 and is now coming back down to 7.5 and 8 per Vegas Insider. So someone bet it up to 8.5 at first and its coming down now.

Strange, I saw it as an open at -9 On Vegas insider, but now it says the open was -7. I'm not sure if some rouge book posted a 9 and took it down or if VI just had it wrong, but it was there. Either way, a touchdown seems about right to me.

louisvilledawg
09-24-2018, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't touch that line. Don and Grantham both know Futz couldn't throw it in the ocean if he was in a rowboat. Running is going to be tough against that 8 man box.

Also, this team has demonstrated they cannot contain their emotions.... and there will be some emotions Saturday.

You wouldn't touch the line?

Seems Like Florida and points seems too smart.

UF -ML seems to smart too based on what we saw Saturday.

Leroy Jenkins
09-24-2018, 01:43 PM
You wouldn't touch the line?

Seems Like Florida and points seems too smart.

UF -ML seems to smart too based on what we saw Saturday.

Yup, wouldn't touch it. I don't trust this team right now... on the other side of that coin I dont trust Don to go on the road and cover 9 points. Catch 22.

MarketingBully
09-24-2018, 02:36 PM
It will be interesting. Franks does not fit Mullen’s system and Fitz doesn’t really fit JoMo’s system. This is more then likely going to be another low scoring defensive game. I know one thing. Jones better light up into Tucker Day because imo our punting killed us more then anything. How many drives did Kentucky start in plus territory on Saturday because of shitty punting? 7 Kentucky drives started on either their 40 or close to midfield and most of that because of 7 punts to the tune of a 37.8 yard average. That’s absolute shit. Hopefully it was due to a wet ball and bad conditions but Kentucky’s punter punted it 5 times for a 44 yard average. If we get into more defensive battles (which we will), we need our special teams to pick it up too. I’d say the special teams in a lot of ways were just as bad as the offense Saturday and that’s very disappointing.

Bully13
09-24-2018, 09:12 PM
I don't understand this line one 17ing bit. For whatever reason, Vegas is still thinking we are only a notch or two below LSU and / or AU.

Hope they are right.

RougeDawg
09-24-2018, 09:40 PM

I think you are on to something. I don?t have the time to go back and re watch, but I?d be willing to bet we have more yards per play last week on plays we didn?t check to sideline or Fitz didn?t change the play. For some reason he wasn?t reading the defense worth a F*ck at all. They were baiting him into the checks and stuffing us because he is mort likely checking to the same plays under similar defensive looks. Similar to a pitcher changing the way he holds his glove for fastball and ofsoeed pitches. Pick up on that and you tee off on them.

azdawg
09-24-2018, 11:04 PM

Don't believe this ****. We'll show up. Rain or shine.

ShotgunDawg
09-24-2018, 11:16 PM
If our offensive line will get their heads out of their asses, then I think we can & will cover.

If our offensive line plays like it did vs Kentucky, then we ain't covering & will probably lose.

I don't think people realize how much our offensive line's play sabotaged that game Saturday.

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 12:04 AM
It will be interesting. Franks does not fit Mullen’s system and Fitz doesn’t really fit JoMo’s system. This is more then likely going to be another low scoring defensive game. I know one thing. Jones better light up into Tucker Day because imo our punting killed us more then anything. How many drives did Kentucky start in plus territory on Saturday because of shitty punting? 7 Kentucky drives started on either their 40 or close to midfield and most of that because of 7 punts to the tune of a 37.8 yard average. That’s absolute shit. Hopefully it was due to a wet ball and bad conditions but Kentucky’s punter punted it 5 times for a 44 yard average. If we get into more defensive battles (which we will), we need our special teams to pick it up too. I’d say the special teams in a lot of ways were just as bad as the offense Saturday and that’s very disappointing.

Scott Goodman can punt the shit out of it. He didnt forget how to punt

BuckyIsAB****
09-25-2018, 12:06 AM
If our offensive line will get their heads out of their asses, then I think we can & will cover.

If our offensive line plays like it did vs Kentucky, then we ain't covering & will probably lose.

I don't think people realize how much our offensive line's play sabotaged that game Saturday.

You saw one play on that Wyatt breakdown where we ran inside zone into a stacked box when we couldve ran outside zone to that side and had a better chance or speed option on the other side.

They had an extra guy on that side and we still ran into the teeth of it. Matter of fact I remember one 3rd down (maybe 3rd and 4) where we ran the same formation but ran outside zone to the left and Kylin got it. Its not hard. That was a shitty play call or a shitty check by Fitz. Its not hard they both know how to count.

Dawg61
09-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Don't believe this ****. We'll show up. Rain or shine.

Our offense played extremely poorly in the rain and we coached very conservatively. It rained for 4 hours straight. It was a big problem for us.

MarketingBully
09-25-2018, 03:55 AM
You saw one play on that Wyatt breakdown where we ran inside zone into a stacked box when we couldve ran outside zone to that side and had a better chance or speed option on the other side.

They had an extra guy on that side and we still ran into the teeth of it. Matter of fact I remember one 3rd down (maybe 3rd and 4) where we ran the same formation but ran outside zone to the left and Kylin got it. Its not hard. That was a shitty play call or a shitty check by Fitz. Its not hard they both know how to count.

That read was on Fitz. If he keeps it on several of those gives to Williams, he makes several nice runs.

Cooterpoot
09-25-2018, 08:41 AM
I won't touch this one. I'm not convinced all the problems from last week can be corrected (there were so many). We got schooled as bad as I've ever seen us get schooled. Not sure there's enough time in a week to get it fixed. I think our staff really thought KY was about like Kstate.