PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play A Game

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Thought this might be a interesting discussion.

We've gone on and on about what all went wrong last night and, frankly, it's a little overwhelming to fix it all in one week.

So here is the game: say you're Mohead and you've got 1 hour of practice time this week to get our team ready to beat Florida. How do you allocate your 60 min?

I'll try first:

First 30 min - Pre-snap communication, pace, and organization. I spend half my practice on just eliminating pre-snap penalties and making sure plays are getting in quicker.

10 Min - Ultra competitive DBs vs WRs on catching and defending 50/50 balls.

20 min - DL and LB vs OL and Backs. Running power run plays over and over to build physicality.

There is my 60 min that I believe helps us get prepared for Florida.

shoeless joe
09-23-2018, 02:57 PM
Chew ass

Set on field behavior expectations for game and practice

Back those expectations up with punishment

Some of y'all would be surprised out how pace, pre snap, and execution will improve when on field discipline is implemented stringently

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 03:02 PM

We've gone on and on about what all went wrong last night and, frankly, it's a little overwhelming to fix it all in one week.

So here is the game: say you're Mohead and you've got 1 hour of practice time this week to get our team ready to beat Florida. How do you allocate your 60 min?

I'll try first:

First 30 min - Pre-snap communication, pace, and organization. I spend half my practice on just eliminating pre-snap penalties and making sure plays are getting in quicker.

20 min - DL and LB vs OL and Backs. Running power run plays over and over to build physicality.

The Faldo starts aren't hard to fix. All we need to do is eliminate some, not all, of the sideline checks and help out every once in awhile if the tackles are getting beat around the edge. If we run a couple of plays to keep the ends from rushing upfield, their rush slows down and the tackles aren't as anxious to get back in pass pro.

parabrave
09-23-2018, 03:04 PM
OLine on the blocking sled to remind them bout being physical. Have the 73 Oakland Raiders teach the art of using stickum to the receivers. And Fitz on how to hand off the ball to a RB.

starkvegasdawg
09-23-2018, 03:44 PM
All 60 minutes on stop loving the smell of your own farts.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 03:50 PM
Fix the penalties. We lost because of the penalties.

Lord McBuckethead
09-23-2018, 04:38 PM

It definitely didn't help

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 06:02 PM
First five minutes- everyone log out of social media until January.

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 07:12 PM

This

Homedawg
09-23-2018, 07:15 PM

No we didn't. We lost because they mashed our ass. 225 rushing to our 60. That's all you need to know.

Homedawg
09-23-2018, 07:16 PM

Every school has kids who say and do dumb shot on social media. We didn't get our ass spanked bc of social media.

Bdawg
09-23-2018, 07:23 PM
Run their asses off for penalties, then I would go learn how to make second half adjustments. Punters would run too. And I would tell them it's going to be twice as bad if it happens again. They looked like one of Sherrill's undisciplined teams last night.

The penalties really killed us though. You can't execute anything or find any rhythm when constantly shooting yourself in the foot. And on defense you just keep extending their drives and keeping your D on the field.

Bdawg
09-23-2018, 07:31 PM
No we didn't. We lost because they mashed our ass. 225 rushing to our 60. That's all you need to know.

I think the defense played well enough(not great). My biggest problem was penalties and our so called badass OL getting their shit pushed in. They played awful. That's the same crew that pushed Bama around for 4 quarters but couldnt do crap against KY. If the offense would have done anything our defense would have been up to the task in the second half.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:42 PM
Every school has kids who say and do dumb shot on social media. We didn't get our ass spanked bc of social media.

When I see our guys running their mouths on Twitter and then they get a bunch of dumb penalties and play down to the level of the opponent- it's obviously a major distraction that they can't handle. We didn't specifically get our ass spanked solely because of it- but it definitely was a factor. One that should be eliminated because I guarantee you going forward our players are going to get a lot of smack talked to them in hopes of drawing penalties. And based on what I saw- it will probably work time and time again.

At the very least- it saves them a lot of embarrassment.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 08:42 PM
I think the defense played well enough(not great). My biggest problem was penalties and our so called badass OL getting their shit pushed in. They played awful. That's the same crew that pushed Bama around for 4 quarters but couldnt do crap against KY. If the offense would have done anything our defense would have been up to the task in the second half.

I agree with this.

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 09:59 PM

I'll try first:

Spend the entire hour on how we are going to block CeCe Jefferson (a Josh Allen DE on steroids) with our big slow tackles. Keep him out of our backfield and Fitz & Co. might be able to do something.

justwin
09-23-2018, 10:10 PM
Feed Kylin!

all 60 minutes on running the ball between Kylin & Nick & Aeris. People need to realize that Fitz is good and his legs need to get activated early in 1Q to get him going, helps calm down his passes