PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Welcome to the SEC JoMo Edition

Coach34
09-23-2018, 12:56 PM
1. Yesterday was setting up so well. I had slept late after celebrating our win on Friday to get to 4-1, my ribeye, sausage, and squash I grilled was perfect, and the Tito's was ice cold as kickoff approached. Then kickoff happened and the night went to shit.

2. This is the SEC JoMo. This aint the damn Big Ten with all its thinkers and reading defenses. This is the SEC where you have the best DL prospects in the country playing every week. This is a LOS conference. The team that wins the LOS wins ballgames. Your football team should NEVER have more passes for a game than rushes. Not in 2018. We wont beat any SEC team with more passes than runs. This team isnt built for that. 4 carries by Kylin Hill? Are you ****ing kidding me? You deserve to lose doing shit like that. Good coaches adapt their offensive philosophy to their players they currently have. #RTGDF and let's get back to winning games.

3. We play too slow. Thats why we kept having all the false start penalties. I pointed this out 2 weeks ago. You cannot have these OT's sitting in their stance forever doing all the check with me shit every damn play against SEC DE's. Especially on the road when it's harder or impossible to hear. You can do check with me's in certain situations- but doing it every play is killing this offense. Snapping the ball over and over with less than 5 on the playclock is killing the offense. Defenses are adjusting after the check- just as I said they would. Run the damn play you called. Use the check with me's situationally. We ran 60 plays yesterday. We averaged 76 plays per game last year- this year? 67

4. If you think KT should be the QB over Fitz you are just an emotional fan that doesnt know much about football. KT is not better than Fitz right now- nor is he ready to lead this offense right now. And it's not really close at the moment. We had terrible pass pro last night. It was wet. You know what you do when its like that? #RTGDF- that's what. Kentucky completed 8 passes last night and beat us by 21 points. You think they cared how many were in the box? Hell no- they gave it to their best player. Our problem isnt the QB- our problem is that we threw it 32 times and only ran it 28 times in the rain.

5. DE's giving you trouble? Run screens, zone read them, run straight at them. Dont keep holding your OT's for 15-20 seconds while the crowd is roaring. Thats how you lose to Kentucky.

6. Kentucky ran the ball 47 times and only threw 14 passes Bob. We have a really good DL Bob. That shouldnt have happened. Get your guys under control and stop with the foolish penalties. Kentucky gave Snell 25 carries. We gave Kylin Hill 4. Think about that.

7. Last night was just a poorly-coached, poorly-played game by Mississippi State. We let Kentucky talk shit to us all week and then they clubbed us like a baby seal. This is not the team that was expected this season. This is not the team this team SHOULD be. This is a team built to run the ball and hit some passes here and there. This is a team that is built to play physical and cause problems for offenses due to pressure. You got 6 days to fix it. Losing at home is unacceptable.

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Agreement on all points

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 01:02 PM
5. We should have put Atrain in the backfield on a 3rd and medium and let him lead block on a Qb draw as the ends were rushing way upfield. Run plays that allow the end to take themselves out of the play like you suggested with screens and such. This was pretty obvious to many people except Joe apparently.

TrapGame
09-23-2018, 01:04 PM
Nailed it.

AlSwearengen
09-23-2018, 01:06 PM
A17in?men on no. 3. Aside from the fact that the linemen have to stay in their stance too long, we give the defense too much time to 17 with Fitz and our linemen. Let?s find a little bit of pace and put the defense on their heels a little bit.

And I agree with every bit of the rest of it as well.

Moorhead can run his offense exactly as he wants to when he gets his qb?s and wr?s that are capable of doing what he wants to do. Fitz isn?t going to hit enough 60 yd. bombs, nor do we have the receivers right now to beat SEC secondaries often enough to do that.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Great post.

Worst coached game since South Alabama. Unreal how bad it was.

This is the SEC JoMo. The cute shit doesn't work.

TrapGame
09-23-2018, 01:15 PM
A17in?men on no. 3. Aside from the fact that the linemen have to stay in their stance too long, we give the defense too much time to 17 with Fitz and our linemen. Let?s find a little bit of pace and put the defense on their heels a little bit.

And I agree with every bit of the rest of it as well.

Moorhead can run his offense exactly as he wants to when he gets his qb?s and wr?s that are capable of doing what he wants to do. Fitz isn?t going to hit enough 60 yd. bombs, nor do we have the receivers right now to beat SEC secondaries often enough to do that.

This^^^

This checking the sideline on EVERY play kills the drive against talented defenses.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 01:27 PM
I couldnt agree more. I will say that you cant consistently run it in between the tackles vs a loaded box but we couldve ran outside zone (dont tell me we dont have it installed) or we couldve worked perimeter quick game. Anything but the shit show we got. As the game went on UK backed out of stacking the box and Moorhead was so punked by then he never got back to it.

Kylin Hill with 4 carries is a fireable offense from now on. Moorhead fix it or GTFO and we will find somebody willing to put his foot down and not get walked over by these kids

Sacrifice
09-23-2018, 01:44 PM
I agree coach, 5 & 6 are just inexcusable! It really makes me question what was going through JoMos mind.

Coach34
09-23-2018, 01:50 PM
We are 10th in the SEC in rushing attempts and 6th in passing attempts. Those numbers should be reversed with this team.

preachermatt83
09-23-2018, 01:54 PM
I wish so badly that JoMo could somehow read this. Absolutely spot on c34. Nailed it

DownwardDawg
09-23-2018, 01:55 PM
Unfortunately, we already need a new head coach. The signs are glaring.

BulldogBear
09-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Slow Clap Meme..... except I don't know how to load them.

So, Bravo C34. Nailed it. Losing at home to Merlin is unacceptable. Instant hot seat as far as I'm concerned. Never thought I'd say that about a first year coach.

Dawg2003
09-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Losing to FL will emotionally break this team, and they will fall apart. They couldn't emotionally handle themselves against KY for crying out loud.

TrapGame
09-23-2018, 02:39 PM
Yeah, we lose to Florida and this team is done. And so is Moorhead. He'll lose half the fanbase.

Bothrops
09-23-2018, 02:49 PM
#3 Has been killing me for three weeks

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Not much to argue with there, 34. We find out what we made of this week. Is this staff and team fighters or quitters.

MarketingBully
09-23-2018, 03:10 PM
Why didn’t we run right at Allen using zone reads and sweeps to the outside so he ran himself out of the play? Our OL doesn’t pass block well and what do we do? Pass it 32 times.

basedog
09-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Why didn’t we run right at Allen using zone reads and sweeps to the outside so he ran himself out of the play? Our OL doesn’t pass block well and what do we do? Pass it 32 times.

We didn't even adjust to Allen rushing, why we didn't double team especially the second half is ridiculous, as not running inside him and screens over to his sides was mind boggling.

Blue print was always set up against Mullen and now it's set up against Joe's offense.

We lost confidence, Florida has gained confidence.

AlSwearengen
09-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Let’s face it, our glaring deficiency in recruiting has been the wr position and Fitz is never going to be that great of a passer. Mullen was onto something with the short passing game because he couldn’t recruit elite receivers. Even when Dak and Bear were tearing it up, most of the time it was that back shoulder pass that they perfected. We were never running past SEC secondaries that I recall.

When JoMo started talking about the home run ball over the secondary, the first thing i thought was, how will that work when most SEC corners can man us up? I’m worried we are going to spend four years trying to force a round peg through a square hole while all of the round pegs in MS are signing with olemiss.

msbulldog
09-23-2018, 04:05 PM
1. Yesterday was setting up so well. I had slept late after celebrating our win on Friday to get to 4-1, my ribeye, sausage, and squash I grilled was perfect, and the Tito's was ice cold as kickoff approached. Then kickoff happened and the night went to shit.

2. This is the SEC JoMo. This aint the damn Big Ten with all its thinkers and reading defenses. This is the SEC where you have the best DL prospects in the country playing every week. This is a LOS conference. The team that wins the LOS wins ballgames. Your football team should NEVER have more passes for a game than rushes. Not in 2018. We wont beat any SEC team with more passes than runs. This team isnt built for that. 4 carries by Kylin Hill? Are you ****ing kidding me? You deserve to lose doing shit like that. Good coaches adapt their offensive philosophy to their players they currently have. #RTGDF and let's get back to winning games.

3. We play too slow. Thats why we kept having all the false start penalties. I pointed this out 2 weeks ago. You cannot have these OT's sitting in their stance forever doing all the check with me shit every damn play against SEC DE's. Especially on the road when it's harder or impossible to hear. You can do check with me's in certain situations- but doing it every play is killing this offense. Snapping the ball over and over with less than 5 on the playclock is killing the offense. Defenses are adjusting after the check- just as I said they would. Run the damn play you called. Use the check with me's situationally. We ran 60 plays yesterday. We averaged 76 plays per game last year- this year? 67

4. If you think KT should be the QB over Fitz you are just an emotional fan that doesnt know much about football. KT is not better than Fitz right now- nor is he ready to lead this offense right now. And it's not really close at the moment. We had terrible pass pro last night. It was wet. You know what you do when its like that? #RTGDF- that's what. Kentucky completed 8 passes last night and beat us by 21 points. You think they cared how many were in the box? Hell no- they gave it to their best player. Our problem isnt the QB- our problem is that we threw it 32 times and only ran it 28 times in the rain.

5. DE's giving you trouble? Run screens, zone read them, run straight at them. Dont keep holding your OT's for 15-20 seconds while the crowd is roaring. Thats how you lose to Kentucky.

6. Kentucky ran the ball 47 times and only threw 14 passes Bob. We have a really good DL Bob. That shouldnt have happened. Get your guys under control and stop with the foolish penalties. Kentucky gave Snell 25 carries. We gave Kylin Hill 4. Think about that.

7. Last night was just a poorly-coached, poorly-played game by Mississippi State. We let Kentucky talk shit to us all week and then they clubbed us like a baby seal. This is not the team that was expected this season. This is not the team this team SHOULD be. This is a team built to run the ball and hit some passes here and there. This is a team that is built to play physical and cause problems for offenses due to pressure. You got 6 days to fix it. Losing at home is unacceptable.

Thanks Coach, spot on!

robert
09-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Coach 34, your comments about last night's debacle are so true. If JoMo don't get it, and don't get it soon, I fear our program that has gone to 8 consecutive bowl games will return to the days of Croom.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Coach, I'm surprised you showed this much restrain in your criticism of our game plan. If there was ever a poster child for poor game planning and execution this was it. The South Alabama game plan was a masterpiece compared to yesterday's shit show. Damn, we are Miss. State and that's not a compliment.

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 06:08 PM
...And Fitz had about 150 and Aeris right at 100 rushing vs BAMA last year. That's BAMA Joe!.....dont you think they could run a little vs KY?.....and Kylin too.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 07:58 PM
We are 10th in the SEC in rushing attempts and 6th in passing attempts. Those numbers should be reversed with this team.

He is trying to make us something we arent. This will offend some but MSU wins by being a poor mans Alabama. We are not going to outsmart anyone and we are never going to be good enough to out talent anyone.

Moorhead better wake up and realize it or he will only have a 1 year rental

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 10:26 PM
I agree with your entire post, Coach. I think your point No. 3 was critical to the outcome of the game. I thought we were mostly going to be a high tempo, snap the ball offense before the Defense could set up, and let the QB read the defense, and not let the play clock almost get to 0 before the ball was snapped. This crap last night played into the hands of the KY defense, especially Allen, and didn't hurt KY, but hurt us. This gave them plenty of time to set their defense. Then they could disguise their sets using a pretty simple defensive scheme.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 10:34 PM
He is trying to make us something we arent. This will offend some but MSU wins by being a poor mans Alabama. We are not going to outsmart anyone and we are never going to be good enough to out talent anyone.

Moorhead better wake up and realize it or he will only have a 1 year rental

We have a true freshman quarterback, and a commit, who should be able to run JoeMo's offense. KT may can too, but Fitz and KT were not recruited for an offensive scheme like this.