PDA

View Full Version : Definition of insanity...

Turfdawg67
09-23-2018, 11:42 AM
... doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Well, I must be certifiably batshit 17'n crazy because I believe in MSU football every year... every damn year.

msstate7
09-23-2018, 11:47 AM
We should be a 7-8 win team most years with an occasional (every 5 years or so) challenge for the west. Last night stings so bad bc this should've been that occasional year

BB30
09-23-2018, 12:31 PM
... doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Well, I must be certifiably batshit 17'n crazy because I believe in MSU football every year... every damn year.

I feel your pain ha. I blame it on being born into it. Hope springs eternal. I tell myself to not get as invested in it every year as I end up doing. The older I have gotten the better I have gotten at letting it go and realizing at the end of the day it is just a game and shouldn’t have any bearing on my mood an hour after the game is over but it’s hard sometimes. Especially when expectations are higher.

Turfdawg67
09-23-2018, 01:32 PM
I feel your pain ha. I blame it on being born into it. Hope springs eternal. I tell myself to not get as invested in it every year as I end up doing. The older I have gotten the better I have gotten at letting it go and realizing at the end of the day it is just a game and shouldn’t have any bearing on my mood an hour after the game is over but it’s hard sometimes. Especially when expectations are higher.

Higher expectations are the kiss of death.

DovaDawg
09-23-2018, 05:10 PM
Somehow I thought this thread was going to be about how we let #41 in the back field all night, but I can get with this also!

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 10:17 PM
...different years have different expectations depending on a lot of stuff. I have never been sold on Fitz taking us to the elite level with his passing. And his running is superb, but it alone will not gitter done either. Have to have balance.....a consistent balance. Nobody is scared of Fitz beating them with his arm....they just aren't because he's never made any really good teams pay for loading up the box on us. I was sold on our defense this year, but not totally sold on the offense. We are too green at WR, pretty good at RB, and I was really worried about how good our OL was seeing that all were recruited as 2 and 3 star players out of highschool and we were hoping our coaches would coach them up to BAMA's 5 Star linemen level. And I still feel suspect about our punter and placekicking. Most SEC team have kickers with ranges up to 55 yds. out. Ours is about about 40 yds. out. Don Merlin took our K recruit to UF with him and he has almost a 60 yd range. So, while I was really optimistic about this year, I wasn't totally sold like a lot of posters here. I had us at 9-3/10-2 preseason. So, while I believe in MSU football, it doesn't mean I think we are going to win it all, or even just get to a NYD bowl, or even a bowl at all. Depends on how well we have recruited the prior few years and how good a coaching staff we have to put those players in a position to maximize their skills and win. If we tank this year and start losing key recruits because of it......it aint going to be pretty next year and the year after either.