PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead Grabs The Wrong Playbook

TheCoach34
09-23-2018, 09:11 AM
Watching the game last night you would think Mohead accidentaly grabbed one of the playbooks Dan must have left around the office. Where the hell were the RPO?s we have seen up until this point?? Nah we will just let Fitz pull it down vanilla style and run it let the days of old; Mullen would be proud. Speaking of fitz i think we have seen all we will get from him, he will never become even a mediocre passer. The hype about him breaking all these rushing records is a big red herring, its the only tool in his box. He can run fast and thats it maybe one of the worst QB?s in the SEC if were being truthful here. And for this Kylin looking like Saquon Jr. talk, hard to be a heisman candidate when you get a meager 8 carries while playing in the rain with a QB who cant throw accurately beyond 15 yards. Going to be a long season folks but I will say Ill take Moorehead over Pruitt, Frost, or Morris any day of the week I wouldnt put this one on Cohen we cant spend Jimbo Fisher money and we did the best with what we had.

msstate7
09-23-2018, 09:12 AM
Over frost? You drunk

Cooterpoot
09-23-2018, 09:18 AM
We spent half what we spent on Mullen. We got what we paid for it appears.

MarketingBully
09-23-2018, 09:24 AM
I thought we had Fitz three step drop it too much and had our OL get in pass block situations (which they aren’t good at). I also thought that was the worst game of Fitz career decision making wise. We had him back there a lot not moving up in the pocket and not taking off when nothing was there. In the RPO, I thought it was basically just give to the RB even if the right read was for Fitz to keep it. Either way, we aren’t going to win any games where we run the ball 28 times and Williams (8) and Hill (4) get a combined 12 carries.

Bothrops
09-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Our secondary just runs along with receivers. No one goes after the ball down field. The ball just drops right by our defenders into the hands of the wideout. We don't even look for it. Finally got a pick last night, but this is a huge red flag to me with the next 3 of 4 opponents we face.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Watching the game last night you would think Mohead accidentaly grabbed one of the playbooks Dan must have left around the office. Where the hell were the RPO?s we have seen up until this point?? Nah we will just let Fitz pull it down vanilla style and run it let the days of old; Mullen would be proud.

You clearly know nothing of what you're talking about if you think we ran it "like the days of old". Our 2 RBs had 12 carries combined. We never ran a true option, did very little read options on the DE, and never committed to the inside run. Literally all of that is what Mullen would have been doing.

The problem was not Moorhead "running it like the days of old", the problem is he's taken a hard nosed running team and is trying to turn them into a scheme and match up passing team with no emphasis on physical OL play.