PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have calmed down

Dawgfan77
09-23-2018, 06:55 AM
It?s very frustrating seeing what we saw last night. No identity on offense, penalties, and lack of focus. I was not a huge fan of the hire honestly, then I read about his time at Penn State and Fordham and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I talked to people who had been to practice and clinics during the spring and summer and how they were saying ?this guy get it.? Well, he doesn?t. We were coming off the best run in school history we had more $$ than ever before and we go out and hire..... the OC At Penn State???? We should have looked at a successful HC in the group of 5 but Cohn pulled a loafers move nd thought he could out smart everyone.
If you watch the first three games we had some issues that were being covered up due to the fact we were out talenting teams. Penalties and lack of focus. Last night it all came to a head.
Why in the world on a rainy night not try and impose our will and work on establishing the run? I get it we are an RPO based offense well why not RTDB? This was my biggest issue last night that we did nothing to establish an identity on offense. We game planned so poorly. With the team we have this year we should be 65/35 run to pass. We don?t have the talent at WR and QB to run what joe wants right now. But we have a team that could be physical at the LOS and impose their will on the opponent. We didn?t last night.
A sign of a good team is we overcome adversity and we didn?t last night. In fact we folded.
The coaching staff did nothing to help the team and lack of emotion speaks to what amounts to the team just running all over him.

As much as I hate to say this. We made a bad hire but hopefully we can make a better hire in three years. I will continue to support the team when i can but my time and emotions willl be better spent for the next few years elsewhere

Hailstate

Dawgology
09-23-2018, 09:19 AM
I hope we learned our lesson and can rehire in two years not three.

Captain Falcon
09-23-2018, 10:43 AM
Last night was extremely troubling, but it’s too early to say we made a bad hire. On the flip side, win last night and I would tell you it’s too early to say we made a good hire.

Next week is as close to a must-win game as Moorhead could possibly have in Year 1. I’m more willing to entertain the idea of him maybe not being the guy for the job if we lose to Florida at home. But if he finds a way to rally the troops and win the next two games, we’re mostly back on track. I just know the next two weeks are critical, especially with both being home games.

Dawgfan77
09-23-2018, 11:17 AM
Last night was extremely troubling, but it’s too early to say we made a bad hire. On the flip side, win last night and I would tell you it’s too early to say we made a good hire.

Next week is as close to a must-win game as Moorhead could possibly have in Year 1. I’m more willing to entertain the idea of him maybe not being the guy for the job if we lose to Florida at home. But if he finds a way to rally the troops and win the next two games, we’re mostly back on track. I just know the next two weeks are critical, especially with both being home games.
I respect that thought process but ask yourself what coach does he out coach the rest of the way? Luke possibly maybe Holtz. The rest are gonna out coach him. He got beat by Mark Stoops

BBN
09-23-2018, 12:26 PM
It?s very frustrating seeing what we saw last night. No identity on offense, penalties, and lack of focus. I was not a huge fan of the hire honestly, then I read about his time at Penn State and Fordham and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I talked to people who had been to practice and clinics during the spring and summer and how they were saying ?this guy get it.? Well, he doesn?t. We were coming off the best run in school history we had more $$ than ever before and we go out and hire..... the OC At Penn State???? We should have looked at a successful HC in the group of 5 but Cohn pulled a loafers move nd thought he could out smart everyone.
If you watch the first three games we had some issues that were being covered up due to the fact we were out talenting teams. Penalties and lack of focus. Last night it all came to a head.
Why in the world on a rainy night not try and impose our will and work on establishing the run? I get it we are an RPO based offense well why not RTDB? This was my biggest issue last night that we did nothing to establish an identity on offense. We game planned so poorly. With the team we have this year we should be 65/35 run to pass. We don?t have the talent at WR and QB to run what joe wants right now. But we have a team that could be physical at the LOS and impose their will on the opponent. We didn?t last night.
A sign of a good team is we overcome adversity and we didn?t last night. In fact we folded.
The coaching staff did nothing to help the team and lack of emotion speaks to what amounts to the team just running all over him.

As much as I hate to say this. We made a bad hire but hopefully we can make a better hire in three years. I will continue to support the team when i can but my time and emotions willl be better spent for the next few years elsewhere

Hailstate

Wow, one game and you?re fate is sealed? This is the SEC. This is not the OLD UK. Remember when Franklin went 9 - 3 at Vandy 3 years straight? UK is proving to be a good football team who manhandled Florida at the line of scrimmage too. Wait and see how the season finishes out. One loss does not a season make. You couldn?t run last night, see 56 yards rushing stat. 145 throwing. See how the staff and team react to the slap upside the head and then decide. The SEC is firing coaches at the drop of the hat. It hasn?t worked too well for about 90 percent of them. I remember when they wanted Mullen gone. Who you going to get? Saban? Relax, it might be all that bad.

TrapGame
09-23-2018, 12:34 PM
I respect that thought process but ask yourself what coach does he out coach the rest of the way? Luke possibly maybe Holtz. The rest are gonna out coach him. He got beat by Mark Stoops

Stoops is in his 6th year at UK. He has recruited well and has good asst. coaches. Our first year head coach got his ass handed to him. Tough loss but nobody should be jumping off ledges just yet.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 12:36 PM

This is a fair question but you have to hope that last night was just a disaster and that he'll get better and is actually far better than what we saw last night.

I think we are clearly having more growing pains than we expected. Change in management is always tough no matter how good the new management is.