PDA

View Full Version : "Undisciplined"

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 12:19 AM
I've seen a lot of posters use this word over and over regarding the penalties, but let's break it down just a little.

The personal fouls are going to be lumped in here and pretty fairly our players have to keep their heads on straight and need to be reminded not to react. The only thing I can say about this is UK made that a part of their game plan, which I think is a bit ridiculous, but it was pretty obvious and that's football now I guess.

The False start penalties I don't think need to be lumped in and I'll explain why. The Tackles were having trouble with the ends getting way up field very quickly and nothing was ever done to help them. This added a ton of pressure to our guys to get out of the stance as quick as possible, the noise did effect this but if you watched the replays many times they were reacting to the end twitching before the snap.
This is not so much undisciplined on the player as much as it is on the coach for not helping and essentially leave them on an island. And also Fitz didn't help by rarely stepping up in the pocket. The ends shouldn't be getting to the QB when they are getting that deep unless there is pressure up the middle.

So yes we did make some boneheaded penalties and the coaches need to be blame for a good many of them. However it's more of a not adjusting the game plan problem moreso than a discipline problem.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:21 AM
Ok, then it's either a lack of discipline or a poor game plan. Pick your poison. Or both. Not sure how that helps much.

And Moorhead himself mentioned a lack of discipline.

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 12:29 AM
All I'm suggesting is that the tackles were ask to do a task over and over that they were not successful with, which led to the penalties. If we help more with a chip or a designed QB draw then those penalties will diminish greatly.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:30 AM
All I'm suggesting is that the tackles were ask to do a task over and over that they were not successful with, which led to the penalties. If we help more with a chip or a designed QB draw then those penalties will diminish greatly.

And I guess I'm just saying that if that's the case, and there was never an attempted change, that's even more of an indictment on the coaching staff.

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 12:31 AM
I was not stating this as an argument, I am just pointing out the difference in the root cause of the penalties.

EdDawg
09-23-2018, 12:33 AM
I'm with you on that. It's still on the coaching staff to get fixed and very frustrating that it went on as long as it did without us adjusting.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2018, 08:59 AM
No doubt the OTs were reacting to Allen, and we 10000000% should have given them help. However, OL should still be trained to not fall for DL twitches. That's a tactic that's as old as time. It's more of a coaching issue than a discipline one. Doesn't excuse the other 70ish yards of correctly called penalties though

WinningIsRelentless
09-23-2018, 09:09 AM
I've seen a lot of posters use this word over and over regarding the penalties, but let's break it down just a little.

The personal fouls are going to be lumped in here and pretty fairly our players have to keep their heads on straight and need to be reminded not to react. The only thing I can say about this is UK made that a part of their game plan, which I think is a bit ridiculous, but it was pretty obvious and that's football now I guess.

The False start penalties I don't think need to be lumped in and I'll explain why. The Tackles were having trouble with the ends getting way up field very quickly and nothing was ever done to help them. This added a ton of pressure to our guys to get out of the stance as quick as possible, the noise did effect this but if you watched the replays many times they were reacting to the end twitching before the snap.
This is not so much undisciplined on the player as much as it is on the coach for not helping and essentially leave them on an island. And also Fitz didn't help by rarely stepping up in the pocket. The ends shouldn't be getting to the QB when they are getting that deep unless there is pressure up the middle.

So yes we did make some boneheaded penalties and the coaches need to be blame for a good many of them. However it's more of a not adjusting the game plan problem moreso than a discipline problem.

Ding ding we have a winner! The false starts are on moorehead by not giving help and the motherfing Check me every play.