PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead doesn't show an ounce of emotion. That's a little concering to me to

Saltydog
09-22-2018, 11:41 PM
be honest. Hell, I want a coach with a little grit in his craw, not some statue just standing on the sidelines expressionless. That, this team's discipline (or lack thereof), and no creativity on offense has me extremely worried.

Activated Alpha
09-22-2018, 11:45 PM
Sometimes I wish we had Kirby Smart. I watched the Georgia vs Mizz game early today and he was chewing his guys out even after being up big. That's what State needs. When your guys **** up, the coach needs to be the first to let them know

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:47 PM
be honest. Hell, I want a coach with a little grit in his craw, not some statue just standing on the sidelines expressionless. That, this team's discipline (or lack thereof), and no creativity on offense has me extremely worried.

This was by far the most concerning

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:48 PM
Sometimes I wish we had Kirby Smart. I watched the Georgia vs Mizz game early today and he was chewing his guys out even after being up big. That's what State needs. When your guys **** up, the coach needs to be the first to let them know

I wish we had Kirby Smart every single day

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:49 PM
I wish we had Kirby Smart every single day

Ryan day is who we should've pursued. Doubt he'd have left Ohio st for us though... he'll have a big program soon

Bothrops
09-22-2018, 11:59 PM
Moorhead is stoic by nature. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that he's floundering in the channel right now while an artillery brigade is looking to strike iron.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-23-2018, 01:27 AM
This is dumb and strictly a pointless opinion. My pointless opinion is that Stoops looked like a buffoon blowing an aneurism on their sideline over anything and everything.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 01:29 AM
Moorhead is actually a stuffed bear.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 01:30 AM
Mullen wore shorts

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 01:35 AM
Moorhead is actually a stuffed bear.

I could def see that

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 01:36 AM
This is dumb and strictly a pointless opinion. My pointless opinion is that Stoops looked like a buffoon blowing an aneurism on their sideline over anything and everything.

If you had to coach a football team youd rather be the guy blowing an aneurism than the guy hiding in the corner behind the play sheet 10000 out of 10000 times.

If they dont respect you it is over

MarketingBully
09-23-2018, 02:23 AM
Why didn’t we stack the box against UK again? We almost shut them out by what we did but if we had put 8 in the box and dared them to throw it they wouldn’t have scored. Their QB threw it 14 times. 14 times!!!! Had we just stacked the box they wouldn’t have done much to shit on offense and this is probably a 7-3 win or something like that. I still don’t understand how we didn’t even try to establish a running game. We did it at K-State and we never even tried to against Kentucky. Now I’m not saying we lose at K-State if we had the same game plan we had tonight but that game would have been a one score game had we played like this tonight. The only thing that saved us there was the running game. Rushing 40 times at K-State, 47 times against Louisiana, and 40 times against SFA. We ain’t doing shit if we rush less then 30 times in a game. We only rushed it 28 times tonight. Pitiful shitty play calling is why we lost. Our identity is pretty clear. Run the football. We went against everything that worked and what we were good at those first three games. I also think Nick had a shit game as well (more of a shit game then you guys understand). It also sounded like we had run plays called but Nick audibled us out to passing plays. I’m telling you something was not right with Nick tonight. Not sure what it was but that was perhaps one of his worst games I’ve seen him play in quite sometime and it seemed like he was quick to give it straight to the RB when that was the wrong read as well. He was also slow relaying plays in tonight. He’s going to have to get 1000x better for this offense to work.

JoseBrown
09-23-2018, 03:21 AM
I vote for the phantom basketball dunking to cease next weekend in Vegas if we score... After a bed shitting like that any and every non-football thought should be cut from the diet till we get our shit in order.

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 04:42 AM

Ex Penn State player here in Memphis told me he couldn't predict what Moorhead would do as a HC, but that he knew for a fact that Joe was a good Christian man and would not participate in profanity laced tirades like a lot of coaches do. Said Joe was a great coordinator for them and hoped he would do well for us. If Joe is as calm and laid back as it appears, then he needs a Bad Cop to deal with the players and he can be the good Cop to encourage them after their a$$ has been royally chewed out.

Saltydog
09-23-2018, 09:49 AM
NT

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Ryan day is who we should've pursued. Doubt he'd have left Ohio st for us though... he'll have a big program soon

You think our school and program sucks. Why are you an MSU fan?

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 10:22 AM
Ex Penn State player here in Memphis told me he couldn't predict what Moorhead would do as a HC, but that he knew for a fact that Joe was a good Christian man and would not participate in profanity laced tirades like a lot of coaches do. Said Joe was a great coordinator for them and hoped he would do well for us. If Joe is as calm and laid back as it appears, then he needs a Bad Cop to deal with the players and he can be the good Cop to encourage them after their a$$ has been royally chewed out.

You don't have to cuss someone out to get in someone's ass. Moorhead needs to dial up his emotions past the level of comatose if he wants to keep his $2.5 mill job. Simple as that. When you got players drawing 16 penalties you better get all up in their ass or you can go be an offensive coordinator somewhere else where you don't have to stop the bullsit and raise your blood pressure.

Turfdawg67
09-23-2018, 10:27 AM
You think our school and program sucks. Why are you an MSU fan?

He is the absolute worst.... no one on here is even close.

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Agreed.

dawgs
09-23-2018, 10:45 AM
If you had to coach a football team youd rather be the guy blowing an aneurism than the guy hiding in the corner behind the play sheet 10000 out of 10000 times.

If they dont respect you it is over

If you think yelling and screaming at guys is what earns their respect, I got news for you...it doesn't. I tuned out coaches who started yelling at me instead of coaching me. Having a fear of being berated ain't the same as having respect.

dawgs
09-23-2018, 10:48 AM
You don't have to cuss someone out to get in someone's ass. Moorhead needs to dial up his emotions past the level of comatose if he wants to keep his $2.5 mill job. Simple as that. When you got players drawing 16 penalties you better get all up in their ass or you can go be an offensive coordinator somewhere else where you don't have to stop the bullsit and raise your blood pressure.

Yelling at a guy for a false start isn't gonna help. You think the guy feels good about it? Getting yelled at is gonna get in his head even more. Sure, y'all at the guy that gets the dumb unnecessary personal foul penalties because that's not anything to do with coaching or the play of the game.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 10:50 AM
If you think yelling and screaming at guys is what earns their respect, I got news for you...it doesn't. I tuned out coaches who started yelling at me instead of coaching me. Having a fear of being berated ain't the same as having respect.

I agree with this but Moorhead needs to start sitting in on Vic Schaeffer practices. You can't be showing the same emotion as the clipboard you're holding when you're getting your ass handed to you by Kentucky and your players have drawn 16 penalties.

Dawg61
09-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Yelling at a guy for a false start isn't gonna help. You think the guy feels good about it? Getting yelled at is gonna get in his head even more. Sure, y'all at the guy that gets the dumb unnecessary personal foul penalties because that's not anything to do with coaching or the play of the game.

dawgs I can't stand asshole coaches either but Moorhead didn't take control of the team at all last night and that's not going to work. Period. Not in this league.

WinningIsRelentless
09-23-2018, 10:57 AM
I agree with this but Moorhead needs to start sitting in on Vic Schaeffer practices. You can't be showing the same emotion as the clipboard you're holding when you're getting your ass handed to you by Kentucky and your players have drawn 16 penalties.

The IB needs to go IB this morning on Moorehead and teach him something.

StarkVegasSteve
09-23-2018, 11:10 AM
The IB needs to go IB this morning on Moorehead and teach him something.

I don't know if the IB even has any more IB in him anymore

BB30
09-23-2018, 12:15 PM
I don't know if the IB even has any more IB in him anymore

Can’t have it both ways. We all praised Cohen for how he handled the football hire. On the surface it seemed like a great hire and fit and it may still turn out to be. You really never know what you are getting until you see the product on the field.

We could just as easily have hired Pruitt who is a hot head on the sidelines and be sucking. I still like the hire, we will see how it plays out.

Difference is I fully expected a wtf game early in the season due to having a new coaching staff and system. I didn’t expect it to be ky but I certainly thought we would have some growing pains.

Anyone that thought we would waltz through the schedule and could just out talent most teams had a flawed sense of reality and how talented this team actually is.

Our defense is loaded.

Our offense had clear holes before the season and that hasn’t magically changed in 3 weeks. We shouldn’t be 7 points bad on offense but we aren’t loaded on that side of the ball with a ton of top end talent like some would wish.

BuckyIsAB****
09-23-2018, 12:34 PM

Im going to respect the guy who gets on my ass when I screw up, not the one who sits there and hides in the corner and allows me to do it.

Everything a football team does is either taught or allowed.