PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! Bogey's 2013 Prediction

BogeyGolfer
10-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I copied and pasted this from my 8/2/2013 post. I didn't bump it because many called me names etc... And told me how big of an idiot I was for predicting 5 wins. I really like this board and do not want to turn this thread into I told you so...this is simply an update and adjustment post 1/2 way through the season.

The only change I would make is the fact that I think we have a real shot at beating UPIG in Little Rock IF our D Line can stop the run. We will beat Ole Miss and 6-6 is a real possibility.

Bogey's 2013 Prediction!

Game 1 Oklahoma State: MSU- Untested secondary, average LB’s, unproven WR’s v Oklahoma St.- Proven QB, high powered offense and on a neutral field. Historically, Mullen’s teams struggle against offenses that are “high powered.” Troy & A&M come to mind last year. (L) 0-1

Game 2 Alcorn State: If we can’t beat Alcorn St., we shouldn’t be in the SEC. (W) 1-1

Game 3 Auburn: We’ve beaten Auburn 2 times in the last 11 years, Malzhan will improve Auburn’s offense, and I just don’t think our young secondary will get the job done. I think this will be a high scoring game and a very close game, but I’m going with history in this one. (L) 1-2

Game 4 Troy: Close game for three quarters but we pull away late. We win by 12 points or less. (W) 2-2

Game 5 LSU: We’ve only beat LSU 2 times in 22 years; it isn’t happening this year either. LSU has too many athletes on both sides of the ball for us to match up with them. When they need it, they line up and run the ball down our throats. This game will be close for a half; LSU pulls away in the 2nd half. (L) 2-3

Game 6 Bowling Green: This game could get interesting and may be one of those games that we look back on wondering how we lost to Maine, I mean Bowling Green! Mullen beats the teams he is supposed to beat. We win by 17 or less. (W) 3-3

Game 7 Kentucky: Mullen has never lost to Kentucky, and the streak will continue. We win by 10-14 points. (W) 4-3

Game 8 USCe: The last time we played South Carolina; we had ample opportunities to win but could not finish drives. South Carolina is a different team at home; they play on another level and have a tremendous defense. Their offense is often times overrated due to their high profiled coach, their QB’s are average at best. This game will be close as well, and if we had them at home I may call this an upset, but I don’t think we beat them at their place. (L) 4-4

Game 9 Texas A&M: Maybe Mullen and staff will have our team ready to play and make up for one of the worst performances/efforts I’ve witnessed under Mullen’s regime. We won’t beat A&M on the road with a healthy Manziel. * I think Manziel may be less than 100% by this time of the season and this prediction may change based on his availability. (L) 4-5

Game 10 Bama: It’s Bama. (L) 4-6

Game 11: Arkansas: I think this is a toss-up, have we ever won a football game in Little Rock? I think Arkansas will have an identity by this time of the year, I don’t think they will have a late year melt down like they did last season. Arkansas lacks talent and this may be another opportunity for us to grab a much needed SEC win. Based on history, I have to give a slight edge to Upig. (L) 4-7

Game 12 The Egg Bowl: I’m not sold on Bo Wallace, Ole Miss has athletes on defense but coaches now have film and can study Freeze’s tendencies. I haven’t commented on this, but I really think Ole Miss will struggle through the first part of their season and this will take a toll on their team chemistry. If our fans and team haven't lost all confidence by this time of the season; I think we beat Ole Miss and the egg comes back to Starkville. W (5-7)

It’s going to be a long season, we will not go to a bowl this year but I really think we can make noise in 2014. I think this year’s team may be slightly better than last year’s, but we don’t have the schedule to create a falsehood. Mullen needs to recruit if we want to compete, period.

Political Hack
10-14-2013, 01:40 PM
and scheduling okie state was dumb as hell....

Barkman Turner Overdrive
10-14-2013, 02:08 PM
You still think we beat Mississippi? They are going to chunk it all over the field with our secondary.

engie
10-14-2013, 02:15 PM
THIS needed it's own thread**

Yet you fail to link this original post where everyone calls "this" prediction stupid?

Everyone considers you an idiot because you have consistently claimed a moral victory over your prediction last year -- despite missing it by MORE than the VAST majority of MSU fans. MOST of us thought we were a 5-7 to 7-5 team this year. So, you expect a pat on the back for making an average prediction that goes out on the limb nowhere for this season? Or are you just being your normal narcissistic pain in the ass?

bocfarm
10-14-2013, 02:19 PM
You still think we beat Mississippi? They are going to chunk it all over the field with our secondary.

Yea, Wallace and that Oline look like the Broncos, with a much better running game**

BogeyGolfer
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
We will play inspired football and win home. We will move the ball and score on their defense.