PDA

View Full Version : When you hug a player after getting called for targetting.... it sends a message

Coach007
09-22-2018, 10:52 PM
And it's evident by the fact we are near last in the nation with penalties.

Gutter Cobreh
09-22-2018, 10:56 PM
But, but, but...we're so talented!!!***

I'd take a coach that supports his players, over one that spends years here and walks away without so much as a goodbye.

TN has a disciplinarian as their new coach, how's that working out for them?

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:57 PM

I'd take a coach that supports his players, over one that spends years here and walks away without so much as a goodbye.

Tenn was a rebuild. We weren't

Coach007
09-22-2018, 11:01 PM

We are. The best Talent MSU has had ever.

What the HELL does this have to do with Mullen. Last time I looked he was not our coach.

In the end, this leads to decade(s) in the wilderness for teams NOT named Bama. No control of that team!

No comparable. UT does not have 6-10 people being talked about going to the NFL.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:03 PM
With how bad the rule is currently targeting calls are going to happen. But unsportsmanlike conducts and false starts should never happen.

Coach007
09-22-2018, 11:07 PM
With how bad the rule is currently targeting calls are going to happen. But unsportsmanlike conducts and false starts should never happen.

Doesn't matter about the rule being good or not. It's a rule and when a player breaks that (and it's not a new rule) we don't hug them. It sends a message that no matter what you do it will be ok.

Every un sportsman call should have resulted in them being on the bench. We were deep enough.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Moorhead went from 'benefit of the doubt' to 'prove it' tonight. I'm not against him, but I'm also no longer blindly for him. Get better or leave.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:12 PM
Doesn't matter about the rule being good or not. It's a rule and when a player breaks that (and it's not a new rule) we don't hug them. It sends a message that no matter what you do it will be ok.

Every un sportsman call should have resulted in them being on the bench. We were deep enough.

Oh I agree totally they should have been thrown on the end of the bench for a while after those stupid ass penalties but coming down on a kid for targeting isnt the right way to handle it IMO.

Its easy to sit here and say that in our position but we arent the ones playing and you cant make those decisions about where to hit a guy in a split second. You are just doing what youve been doing your whole life. Now you can adjust and practice tackling differently but Im not sure theres a whole lot you can do other than that.

I honestly think if they would change the rule to not ejecting the kid and just a penalty I think you could handle it like you are saying (put the fear of God into him) but ripping on a kid who is about to lose an entire game or maybe more is too much IMO

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:14 PM
Moorhead went from 'benefit of the doubt' to 'prove it' tonight. I'm not against him, but I'm also no longer blindly for him. Get better or leave.

I think this speaks for all of us. Or should. These next 2 weeks are the biggest for our program in a long long time. Maybe bigger than any under Mullen because you knew what Mullen was gonna do. Good or bad. Moorhead is an unknown. If we lose next week Im afraid the knives and pitchforks might break out. I may be holding one myself if we look as bad as we did tonight

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:17 PM
I think this speaks for all of us. Or should. These next 2 weeks are the biggest for our program in a long long time. Maybe bigger than any under Mullen because you knew what Mullen was gonna do. Good or bad. Moorhead is an unknown. If we lose next week Im afraid the knives and pitchforks might break out. I may be holding one myself if we look as bad as we did tonight

If we lose next week, then he's done and the extent to which we fall will be decided by how long we end up waiting to do it.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:19 PM
If we lose next week, then he's done and the extent to which we fall will be decided by how long we end up waiting to do it.

Thats a pretty quick trigger my friend. If we were the ones having to come up with the buyout money and hire the next coach with millions of people on your ass about the last one you hired and just fired you might be singing a different tune. Moorhead has no excuses and he must be better. No doubt.

Im not saying he wouldnt be done and Im not saying I wouldnt be down for pulling the trigger if we look shitastic but man that would be ballsy

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:24 PM
Thats a pretty quick trigger my friend. If we were the ones having to come up with the buyout money and hire the next coach with millions of people on your ass about the last one you hired and just fired you might be singing a different tune. Moorhead has no excuses and he must be better. No doubt.

Im not saying he wouldnt be done and Im not saying I wouldnt be down for pulling the trigger if we look shitastic but man that would be ballsy

I'm not saying you fire him after that game. I'm saying if you lose to UK and UF before playing the actually good teams, you're not going to do better than 6-6. And that should get him fired. So he's basically done at that point. If you keep him past this year after that, you'll lose more in missed revenue than you would paying any buyout.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:30 PM
I'm not saying you fire him after that game. I'm saying if you lose to UK and UF before playing the actually good teams, you're not going to do better than 6-6. And that should get him fired. So he's basically done at that point. If you keep him past this year after that, you'll lose more in missed revenue than you would paying any buyout.

Oh ok I got you. If we go 6-6 he should absolutely be told thanks but no thanks and catch the first bus back to fordham

Coursesuper
09-22-2018, 11:38 PM
Oh ok I got you. If we go 6-6 he should absolutely be told thanks but no thanks and catch the first bus back to fordham

I agree here wholeheartedly.

Gutter Cobreh
09-23-2018, 12:03 AM
We are. The best Talent MSU has had.

Please explain this. While everyone says this, it's subjective. We've got a dominant D-line and good RBs, but there are holes with every other position group. These holes were there prior to Moorhead arriving.

Just because you have a upper classmen returning, that doesn't mean we're talented. We have a QB that's a one trick pony (not new). We have a suspect secondary (again not new). We have lapses at LB (not new). Finally, we have an OL that is solid in the middle, but soft on the edges.

One game doesn't make or break a season. Some of you guys need to walk back from the ledge,

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:08 AM
Please explain this. While everyone says this, it's subjective. We've got a dominant D-line and good RBs, but there are holes with every other position group. These holes were there prior to Moorhead arriving.

Just because you have a upper classmen returning, that doesn't mean we're talented. We have a QB that's a one trick pony (not new). We have a suspect secondary (again not new). We have lapses at LB (not new). Finally, we have an OL that is solid in the middle, but soft on the edges.

One game doesn't make or break a season. Some of you guys need to walk back from the ledge,

We have an OL that was considered top 10 in the country by some (third parties, not State people). We have a defense with projected NFL talent all over, including in the supposedly suspect secondary. It is possible that these people are all wrong and in fact this talent isn't that good. But if that's the case, it wasn't evident until right now. Many people around the country have agreed - this team has real, legitimate talent all over the field.

So either they were all wrong. Or our coaching sucks. We all have to just hope it's the former.

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-23-2018, 01:30 AM
Half of y?all were jerking off over Abrams hit and how awesome it was that they hugged when he got ejected literally within the last two weeks.