PDA

View Full Version : Reset.....

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:40 PM
Ok, so all premature delusions of grandeur should be gone now. We just got destroyed by essentially the same mediocre team that we destroyed last year. We have a QB that is NOT going to beat good teams with his arm, especially if we try to throw it down field or rely on him to make the right reads where downfield is involved. Even more concerning to me is we have a serious discipline problem as evidenced by the problem we are having with penalties after or before the play. That can NOT continue. If it does this is going to be a short ride with JOMO. The other thing he has to do is recognize what we can and can't do, and tailor his offense accordingly. Love him or hate him, and most hated him for it, Mullen was good at that. I do think JoMo's preferred offense is the wave of the future, but you can't be pig headed about it.

IMissJack
09-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Ok, so all premature delusions of grandeur should be gone now. We just got destroyed by essentially the same mediocre team that we destroyed last year. We have a QB that is NOT going to beat good teams with his arm, especially if we try to throw it down field or rely on him to make the right reads where downfield is involved. Even more concerning to me is we have a serious discipline problem as evidenced by the problem we are having with penalties after or before the play. That can NOT continue. If it does this is going to be a short ride with JOMO. The other thing he has to do is recognize what we can and can't do, and tailor his offense accordingly. Love him or hate him, and most hated him for it, Mullen was good at that. I do think JoMo's preferred offense is the wave of the future, but you can't be pig headed about it.

Absolutely.

BBN
09-22-2018, 10:49 PM

This is one game. UK already beat Mullen at the Swamp. UK is better than mediocre. They lost 3 games by a total of 5 points last year and could have easily won 10 games. The beat down last year was an anomaly. This team has physically beaten every team they have played. MSU has rolled up big numbers, I don?t care who it was against. Big problem is discipline. Same way that Florida looked when Urban Meyer left. Totally out of control of the team. It?ll take some cracking heads by the staff to get that in line. I wouldn?t throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. Give it a few years.

Activated Alpha
09-22-2018, 10:52 PM
This is one game. UK already beat Mullen at the Swamp. UK is better than mediocre. They lost 3 games by a total of 5 points last year and could have easily won 10 games. The beat down last year was an anomaly. This team has physically beaten every team they have played. MSU has rolled up big numbers, I don?t care who it was against. Big problem is discipline. Same way that Florida looked when Urban Meyer left. Totally out of control of the team. It?ll take some cracking heads by the staff to get that in line. I wouldn?t throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. Give it a few years.

Give it a few years? Hell with tonight's showing, it seemed like Moorhead just dumped the whole bathtub over with the baby in it. Then just stood on the sidelines staring off into space....

Coach007
09-22-2018, 10:56 PM

THIS MSU team is loaded.

THIS was a loss that should NOT have happened.

THIS loss is due to a coach that HUGGS players are being flagged for targeting rather than getting on that ass about the selfish play. We are near last in the nation in penalties. That's THIS coaching staff and Grantham is licking his lips at what he saw tonight.

Political Hack
09-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Win next week or considering yourself renting short term...

Hate it, but that's the truth.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:59 PM
Oh, ceiling is 8, floor should be 5, hopefully.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:01 PM

I agree. If he loses to Mullen, he'll never get the full fanbase behind him. Cohen has to be nervous right now

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:01 PM
What was the score last year? We have pretty much everybody back, and so did they.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:02 PM

Yep.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:03 PM
I agree. If he loses to Mullen, he'll never get the full fanbase behind him. Cohen has to be nervous right now

And he should be. Football determines whether he is a success or not. I don't know if he understands that...yet.

Pit Bull
09-22-2018, 11:08 PM

Nope.....he'll get at least 3 years. Minimum two if next year is a real skunk. I think we bowl this year.....just wont be in Florida or at Jerry's world.....probably Memphis or Nashville or worse.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:08 PM

I think if me or you made the decisions that might be the case because im just about in that boat myself but we arent the ones who have to find the money or the next coach to take over either

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:09 PM
msstate7 and liverpool just go ahead and form the mullen fan club ho lee Jesus

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:11 PM

Not a gator fan, but I'm not a fan of Moorhead either. Very, veru disappointed

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:16 PM
Not a gator fan, but I'm not a fan of Moorhead either. Very, veru disappointed

Im disappointed too but yall sound like the kid who got dumped on and blamed himself. Grow a pair

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:20 PM
Im disappointed too but yall sound like the kid who got dumped on and blamed himself. Grow a pair

No, I just never bought into the let's run Mullen into the ground. Mullen was great for our program, and doesn't deserve the crap talked about him. Had he gone to a non-sec team, I'd still pull for him. It was time for him to go, but I think we're about to realize Mullen wasn't some weight around our necks

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:24 PM
No, I just never bought into the let's run Mullen into the ground. Mullen was great for our program, and doesn't deserve the crap talked about him. Had he gone to a non-sec team, I'd still pull for him. It was time for him to go, but I think we're about to realize Mullen wasn't some weight around our necks

If you dont believe it after all whats been proven now then its just bc you dont want to believe it. Mullen and our program will both get a chance to get the last laugh next saturday

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:27 PM
If you dont believe it after all whats been proven now then its just bc you dont want to believe it. Mullen and our program will both get a chance to get the last laugh next saturday

And if we don't?

Bothrops
09-22-2018, 11:27 PM

Bothrops
09-22-2018, 11:30 PM
And if we don't?

If we don't beat Florida the program falls into the abyss, like that necklace at the end of Titanic.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:31 PM
If we don't beat Florida the program falls into the abyss, like that necklace at the end of Titanic.

Home to be with jack... Dawson that is

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 11:32 PM
And if we don't?

Then we will get it shoved in our faces and we'll have to deal with it and move on.

If we go 6-6 and maybe 7-5 with this bunch Moorhead should get a PBnJ and a bus ticket back to fordham

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:33 PM
Nope.....he'll get at least 3 years. Minimum two if next year is a real skunk. I think we bowl this year.....just wont be in Florida or at Jerry's world.....probably Memphis or Nashville or worse.

That is renting short term.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:37 PM

I'm in the MSU born and bred 2nd generation grad club. I still wear my Dad's class ring to big games. My son is about to be a third generation grad. Next week is basically a must win for JOMO. Not because of me, but because of all those that can't let go of the ex. To me it's another game, that going into tonight I thought we should easily win. Now I just hope we win it, for the previously stated reason.