PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead on game

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:37 PM
"I think we played hard in all three phases," first-year Bulldogs coach Joe Moorhead said. "We just didn't execute with the precision we needed to beat a team of Kentucky's caliber."

He's gonna really be impressed with the caliber of teams in LSU, auburn, aTm, and bama

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:39 PM
I was anxious to hear what he had to say. And that response is a joke.

maroonmania
09-22-2018, 10:41 PM
Apparently we played so hard that we got 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Maybe we should play quite so hard.**

JoseBrown
09-22-2018, 10:42 PM
He also said they played with too much emotion, not enough composure. Said they have to work to get more disciplined. Something about they have two ways to go now. Either lay on the mat n get counted out or get back in the ring, and they gonna get back in the ring...

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 10:42 PM
He needs to keep it somewhat like that then go chew ass behind closed doors. If he says loss is on him, that would be a plus IMO because this one is. Then go chew on staff and players behind closed doors.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
"I think we played hard in all three phases," first-year Bulldogs coach Joe Moorhead said. "We just didn't execute with the precision we needed to beat a team of Kentucky's caliber."

He's gonna really be impressed with the caliber of teams in LSU, auburn, aTm, and bama

They are much improved from last year since they had pretty much everybody back. We did too. We regressed, quite obviously.

DownwardDawg
09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Way over his head.

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:45 PM
He needs to keep it somewhat like that then go chew ass behind closed doors. If he says loss is on him, that would be a plus IMO because this one is. Then go chew on staff and players behind closed doors.

I disagree. If it was a hard, tough loss where you played ok and did some things well but came up short, sure. But after that game, I want to see him call it for what it was - an embarrassment for both players and especially coaches. That we were lazy, unfocused, and undisciplined and that it stops now. This is the kind of performance that needs a public calling out.

Cooterpoot
Discipline has never been a problem. He better look in the damn mirror.

Skydawg1
Apparently we played so hard that we got 3 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Maybe we should play quite so hard.**

b-b-b-but "Play with emotion without getting emotional"

Activated Alpha
09-22-2018, 10:47 PM
What kind of response is that? If this was the Alabama game, I could understand the "caliber" part. However, this wasn't Alabama.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:49 PM
We are headed back to normal. Oh well.

maroonmania
09-22-2018, 10:50 PM
Biggest play in the game was when it was 7-7 and we had them at 3rd and 11 at around midfield only to get a dead ball unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that gave them a first down at our 30. From that point they hit the pass down at the goal line, scored the td and totally turned all the momentum of the game to their side. Only real chance we had to get it back was after the Cole INT but we squandered the opportunity and that was that.

IMissJack
09-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Too much philosophy, not enough grit.

BBN
09-22-2018, 10:53 PM
Tennessee fired Fulmer. You all were screaming for Mullen’s ouster. How’s that working for UT?

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 10:56 PM
Biggest play in the game was when it was 7-7 and we had them at 3rd and 11 at around midfield only to get a dead ball unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that gave them a first down at our 30. From that point they hit the pass down at the goal line, scored the td and totally turned all the momentum of the game to their side. Only real chance we had to get it back was after the Cole INT but we squandered the opportunity and that was that.

That pass was blatant offensive pass interference too, we were screwed by the refs all night.

Pit Bull
09-22-2018, 10:58 PM
Discipline has never been a problem. He better look in the damn mirror.

JoMo and Shoop both seem to be sort of laid back gentlemen....at least in the public eye. If he cannot get the player's attention, then he needs a "hatchet man or men" to go in and play Bad Cop and deliver some royal ass chewins'. Then he can pick them back up and try to learn them something about playing discipline. I would also prohibit social media sparring with other team's players. And bring in loud speakers during practice of very loud crowd noise and have his assistants jumping around at his OL trying to get them to jump or move. KY's #41 was a mismatch for Eiland. Greg had no chance to block him. I would have made sure Aeris or somebody picks him up and blocks him away from Fitz. Aeris would have had much more success than Eiland would have. We made no adjustments to help out that obvious mismatch and it burned us all night long.

FriarsPoint
09-22-2018, 11:00 PM
almost a 60 point swing in one year. One year.

Pit Bull
09-22-2018, 11:00 PM

Can you imagine what Saban would have done to that player when he came to the sideline?

Pit Bull
09-22-2018, 11:01 PM
almost a 60 point swing in one year. One year.

And basically the same players.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:02 PM
Can you imagine what Saban would have done to that player when he came to the sideline?

Hugged him, I'm sure... love conquers all

Cooterpoot
09-22-2018, 11:10 PM
I’m still pissed because our rain game prep at the water park was a fail.