PDA

View Full Version : In seven days...

Coursesuper
09-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Grantham is going to crowd the box and do what everyone else is going to do this year and make our QB and receivers beat them. They are going to pick their spots and go after our very slow tackles when down and distance dictates.

On offense they are going to run right at us.

From what is saw tonight it could be another long night.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Yep, and if we can't negate it, we will struggle to win the few games we have a chance at.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:18 PM
On the bright side, tix just got cheaper. Dan Who? Shirts are probably not selling so well

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2018, 12:18 AM

This is what I was most sad about in the Kentucky game. I've noticed it before and heard TN fans say this, but I hoped it wasn't so. It's Shoops system:

Shoop's 4-2-5 means we are very predictable, and all 4 DL have 1 gap assignment. So if I'm an OC, all I have to do is say, turn Hoyett out with an OG, then turn Simmons out with the C and OG, and I have this nice big whole I can pull a TE/backside OT though to eliminate the closes LB and I've got a 10 yard gash till the S can make the tackle. Beat one guy and it's a gash, the lack of a 3rd LB makes it to where the 2 LBs have more ground to cover and there's little mutual support as far as real estate is concerned. Under Granthams 3-4-4 with a 2 gap responsibility or a normal 4-3-4 with an extra guy in the box, you can disguise your blitzes, coverages, and angles better, and there's more meat running to the whole so it's harder to make a seam.

KState showed flashes of it, Kentucky wasn't consistent with it but it was there. Handoff between the tackles and it's a 8 yard run if you just double one DL and bring through a lead blocker.

We only gave up 300 total yards tonight, so clearly it isnt' a huge massive issue yet. But I feel it'll haunt us against the good OLs and OCs that see it on film

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 12:21 AM
This is what I was most sad about in the Kentucky game. I've noticed it before and heard TN fans say this, but I hoped it wasn't so. It's Shoops system:

Shoop's 4-2-5 means we are very predictable, and all 4 DL have 1 gap assignment. So if I'm an OC, all I have to do is say, turn Hoyett out with an OG, then turn Simmons out with the C and OG, and I have this nice big whole I can pull a TE/backside OT though to eliminate the closes LB and I've got a 10 yard gash till the S can make the tackle. Beat one guy and it's a gash, the lack of a 3rd LB makes it to where the 2 LBs have more ground to cover and there's little mutual support as far as real estate is concerned. Under Granthams 3-4-4 with a 2 gap responsibility or a normal 4-3-4 with an extra guy in the box, you can disguise your blitzes, coverages, and angles better, and there's more meat running to the whole so it's harder to make a seam.

KState showed flashes of it, Kentucky wasn't consistent with it but it was there. Handoff between the tackles and it's a 8 yard run if you just double one DL and bring through a lead blocker.

We only gave up 300 total yards tonight, so clearly it isnt' a huge massive issue yet. But I feel it'll haunt us against the good OLs and OCs that see it on film

Offense lost this one. Defense did fine against a decent team on the road.

Gutter Cobreh
09-23-2018, 12:25 AM

They did commit some big penalties that kept themselves on the field for extended drives.

Didn't the personal foul where our DB threw the ball at their OL keep us on the field after a 3rd down stop; resulting in KY scoring? There were so many penalties, I'm having a hard time keeping the, straight.

Coursesuper
09-23-2018, 12:31 AM
They did commit some big penalties that kept themselves on the field for extended drives.

Didn't the personal foul where our DB threw the ball at their OL keep us on the field after a 3rd down stop; resulting in KY scoring? There were so many penalties, I'm having a hard time keeping the, straight.

Yes that kept the drive going, it was a 3-11 play. He got slung down by they headgear by 71 in blue after the play and re acted. Bone head play.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:33 AM
If we don't fix the focus and the penalties, we'll get destroyed.

msstate7
09-23-2018, 12:36 AM
If we don't fix the focus and the penalties, we'll get destroyed.

If we get blew out, Moorhead won't last

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 12:37 AM

7 points, will nearly always get you beat.

Pit Bull
09-23-2018, 04:49 AM
Grantham is going to crowd the box and do what everyone else is going to do this year and make our QB and receivers beat them. They are going to pick their spots and go after our very slow tackles when down and distance dictates.

From what is saw tonight it could be another long night.

I watched part of the UF game and CeCe Jefferson was an absolute terror on UF's defense. Looks like a juiced up version of KY's #41. We're gonna have problems with him.....I guarantee it.

TUSK
09-23-2018, 05:11 AM
I watched part of the UF game and CeCe Jefferson was an absolute terror on UF's defense. Looks like a juiced up version of KY's #41. We're gonna have problems with him.....I guarantee it.

They (UF) have a few "41-type" cats...

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 06:54 AM
They (UF) have a few "41-type" cats...

They actually don't

Homedawg
09-23-2018, 09:33 AM

Giving up 225 rushing doesn't equal fine.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Giving up 225 rushing doesn't equal fine.

Well, when the offense can't move the ball the other team tends to run up a few yards. We scored 7 points, against Kentucky.

Bothrops
09-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Kentucky began to run through us immediately. That was surprising despite the holding that was going on. From a mental standpoint, we were woefully unprepared for last night. Also, our OL was reeling from those boys, reminded me of the 2011 Georgia game.

dawgday166
09-23-2018, 11:38 AM

CeCe didn't play against Ky either. He was suspended for that game. Mullen & Grantham may be getting FL turned around some now.