PDA

View Full Version : Remember when...

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:10 PM
everybody jumped all over Liverpool for saying hold on on crowning Moorhead? LOLOLOL.

Unprepared, undisciplined, unfocused, stupid. That's what our team was tonight. 201 yards on Kentucky hahahahahaha

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:12 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same... ark, OM, and us will battle for 5-7 in the west for foreseeable future

I seen it dawg
09-22-2018, 10:13 PM
Sounds like some happy it turned out like it did so they could be right....

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 10:15 PM

And it is not C34 this time. Pathetic that we jump on a new HC after his first loss in an away SEC game.

If he does not learn and keeps doing the same stupid shit, I will pile on too.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 10:18 PM
And it is not C34 this time. Pathetic that we jump on a new HC after his first loss in an away SEC game.

If he does not learn and keeps doing the same stupid shit, I will pile on too.

Exactly. We never learn to let things play out before we hit the panic button. Basketball and baseball season should've taught us something about it but some folks on here just like to freak out.

Activated Alpha

No one is happy about a loss. Especially an embarrassing ****tastic ass raping that they got, but our fans can become delusional sometimes. Just like last year with the win over LSU, State walked into Athens all cocky as shit but then were decleated and humiliated. Only this was ****ing Kentucky. State should have won, but a few people here were saying that this was a decent team at their place. It's the SEC, every road game can be a loss if you don't prepare for it.

I seen it dawg
Yeah i want to see how much he liked his shit pushed in before i start begging for Mullen to come back. These ****ers sound like OM wanting the program killer freeze back.

LC Dawg
I love it when Mississippi State fans start threads to laugh about us getting beat.***

smootness

I have been all aboard the Moorhead bandwagon. But this was a slap in the face. You don't produce that crapburger if you have a clue about what you're doing.

This team is full of juniors and seniors yet is suddenly undisciplined and unfocused. That's simply reality. We're going to waste the most talented team we've ever had.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:20 PM
I have been all aboard the Moorhead bandwagon. But this was a slap in the face. You don't produce that crapburger if you have a clue about what you're doing.

This team is full of juniors and seniors yet is suddenly undisciplined and unfocused. That's simply reality. We're going to waste the most talented team we've ever had.

Or lose to South Alabama.**

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:20 PM

Burn...

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:21 PM

An equally bad loss, at worst. So what's your point?

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:22 PM

Point is I don't remember you telling me I was right about Dan after that loss.

EdDawg
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Have we started gathering up stones yet? I'm ready to cast mine like Fitzgerald throwing a slant route.****

I seen it dawg
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
See how stupid it sounds

Leroy Jenkins
09-22-2018, 10:24 PM
everybody jumped all over Liverpool for saying hold on on crowning Moorhead? LOLOLOL.

Unprepared, undisciplined, unfocused, stupid. That's what our team was tonight. 201 yards on Kentucky hahahahahaha

Isn't being overjoyed at this first loss being even more premature than those who hyped the team after 3 big wins?

Coach007
09-22-2018, 10:24 PM

His point is to defend his stance on Mullen by avoiding the issues you pointed out.

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:31 PM
Point is I don't remember you telling me I was right about Dan after that loss.

Mullen has proven himself by that point.

So 4 games in, Moorhead has already at least equaled Mullen's worst loss. Sweet!

smootness
09-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Isn't being overjoyed at this first loss being even more premature than those who hyped the team after 3 big wins?

For the record, if anyone actually believes it, I'm not overjoyed. Those are sarcastic, frustrated, angry laughs. That game was a joke the whole way through.

Gutter Cobreh
09-22-2018, 10:53 PM

So 4 games in, Moorhead has already at least equaled Mullen's worst loss. Sweet!

You're an idiot.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 10:58 PM

There are several, and if you remember threads from games over the last few years it’s not surprising.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:02 PM
You're an idiot.

How so?

The consensus on this board was that if we didn't win 9-10 with this team, it was a bad coaching job and a major disappointment. And I agree. Well, we just got steamrolled by Kentucky......

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:04 PM
How so?

The consensus on this board was that if we didn't win 9-10 with this team, it was a bad coaching job and a major disappointment. And I agree. Well, we just got steamrolled by Kentucky......

But, but, but... Mullen's recruiting. Ignore that there was a 60-point swing in scores with Kentucky from last season

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 11:07 PM
How so?

You have to take into consideration that there are a lot of mentally incapable people (is that the pc term? I know you would know) on this board, so that’s probably not the best consensus to go by. This is a first year coach in his 4th game in the SEC. Mullen lost to south Alabama two years ago in the first game of the season.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:10 PM
You have to take into consideration that there are a lot of mentally incapable people (is that the pc term? I know you would know) on this board, so that’s probably not the best consensus to go by. This is a first year coach in his 4th game in the SEC. Mullen lost to south Alabama two years ago in the first game of the season.

Sure, but that team was nowhere near as ready to win as this one. It was a terrible loss, no doubt. And this team can rebound. But we are absolutely talented enough to win that many. Yet we got smoked by Kentucky with Florida, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Bama still to come.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:11 PM

Bull shit, I hate it. I want to win period. I've seen this crap so many times it is getting like a broken record. Every time we start getting cocky as a fan base, and I think it REFLECTS the team and doesn't influence it, we fall flat on our face. Now that that overinflated crap is out of the way......impose strict discipline, too many pre and post play penalties. That is ALL on the coaches. Also.....curb the ego and tailor the offense to what our personnel can do. Mullen was hated for it....but he was 8-1 against UK here, and he demolished them last year. Fitz is what he is.....and he can still win a bunch of games before he is done, if he isn't asked to do what is beyond him. Same for the receiving corps. And Williams is the tailback......for a reason.

Homedawg
09-22-2018, 11:14 PM

Just more stupid comebacks. But carry on

Homedawg
09-22-2018, 11:16 PM
Sure, but that team was nowhere near as ready to win as this one. It was a terrible loss, no doubt. And this team can rebound. But we are absolutely talented enough to win that many. Yet we got smoked by Kentucky with Florida, Auburn, LSU, A&M, and Bama still to come.

Left out ole miss... js. Some will laugh. But uk beat us at what we do, or should do, stop the run.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 11:19 PM

Who in the heck is overjoyed? This is, to me, worse than *******'s stinker against South Alabama. I was trying to hold it in, and did publically because of our obvious history when we are hyped, but I thought this team might compete to at least go second in the west. I'm as guilty as the worst hypers here. This one hurts, and there is no other way to put it. On to the next one and the next goal. That should be 6-6 and a bowl, any bowl.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Just more stupid comebacks. But carry on

"Stupid comebacks" = I know you're right Todd.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 11:27 PM
Who in the heck is overjoyed? This is, to me, worse than *******'s stinker against South Alabama. I was trying to hold it in, and did publically because of our obvious history when we are hyped, but I thought this team might compete to at least go second in the west. I'm as guilty as the worst hypers here. This one hurts, and there is no other way to put it. On to the next one and the next goal. That should be 6-6 and a bowl, any bowl.

How in the holy hell is this worse than south Alabama? Mullen pulled our starting quarterback after two series, that means he took him out of the game. He put in what’s his face and rode with him the rest of the game. This Kentucky team is not bad, that south Alabama team was garbage. That’s what we’re rid of. I’ll take my chances with moorhead, in his 4th game in 1st year of coaching job over that shit all day.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:28 PM
"Stupid comebacks" = I know you're right Todd.

Right about what? You didn't even make a claim.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:29 PM
How in the holy hell is this worse than south Alabama? Mullen pulled our starting quarterback after two series, that means he took him out of the game. He put in what’s his face and rode with him the rest of the game. This Kentucky team is not bad, that south Alabama team was garbage. That’s what we’re rid of. I’ll take my chances with moorhead, in his 4th game in 1st year of coaching job over that shit all day.

Kentucky is way better than South Alabama, of course. That loss was inexcusable. But this team is also way better than that team. This loss is equally inexcusable.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:33 PM

Losing to a probably 8-10 win SEC team on the road = losing to South Alabama?

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 11:34 PM
Kentucky is way better than South Alabama, of course. That loss was inexcusable. But this team is also way better than that team. This loss is equally inexcusable.

I forgot, we also lost to Kentucky that year. We have a first year coach in the SEC, Kentucky is a solid team. They just beat Mullen’s dumbass in front of spurrier and the 93 championship team. This board has gone full retard. Never go full retard.

Todd4State
Right about what? You didn't even make a claim.

I also wasn't talking to you about the "stupid comebacks".

I guess it can get confusing when you are trying to convince everybody that losing to Kentucky on the road is as bad as losing to South Alabama at home.

smootness

2016 State = 2018 State?

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:35 PM
I forgot, we also lost to Kentucky that year. We have a first year coach in the SEC, Kentucky is a solid team. They just beat Mullen’s dumbass in front of spurrier and the 93 championship team. This board has gone full retard. Never go full retard.

And a worse Kentucky team than this years at that.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:36 PM
I also wasn't talking to you about the "stupid comebacks".

I guess it can get confusing when you are trying to convince everybody that losing to Kentucky on the road is as bad as losing to South Alabama at home.

That team also lost to BYU and Kentucky and barely made a bowl. It wasn't a good team. This team was ranked top 20 preseason...and we thought that was low. And we got destroyed.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 11:36 PM
2016 State = 2018 State?

Useless... Moorhead is awesome, and Mullen sucks.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Bull shit, I hate it. I want to win period. I've seen this crap so many times it is getting like a broken record. Every time we start getting cocky as a fan base, and I think it REFLECTS the team and doesn't influence it, we fall flat on our face. Now that that overinflated crap is out of the way......impose strict discipline, too many pre and post play penalties. That is ALL on the coaches. Also.....curb the ego and tailor the offense to what our personnel can do. Mullen was hated for it....but he was 8-1 against UK here, and he demolished them last year. Fitz is what he is.....and he can still win a bunch of games before he is done, if he isn't asked to do what is beyond him. Same for the receiving corps. And Williams is the tailback......for a reason.

See how stupid it sounds....

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:38 PM
2016 State = 2018 State?

We'll see how 2018 State ends up and also how Kentucky ends up.

Regardless losing to any Sun Belt team is always worse than losing to a SEC team on the road. Even Vanderbilt. It just is. And I shouldn't even have to explain why.

The only way Joe would equal that loss would be to lose to another Sun Belt team.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Useless... Moorhead is awesome, and Mullen sucks.

I’ve said several times that tonight reminded me of mullen, a lot of the same issues. We don’t know what we have yet, but I’m damn glad mullen is somewhere else.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:40 PM
We'll see how 2018 State ends up and also how Kentucky ends up.

Regardless losing to any Sun Belt team is always worse than losing to a SEC team on the road. Even Vanderbilt. It just is. And I shouldn't even have to explain why.

The only way Joe would equal that loss would be to lose to another Sun Belt team.

If 2018 State ends up close to 2016 State, it's not a defense of Moorhead or this loss. If that happens, he should be fired.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:42 PM
That team also lost to BYU and Kentucky and barely made a bowl. It wasn't a good team. This team was ranked top 20 preseason...and we thought that was low. And we got destroyed.

That does not matter. A SEC team should not lose to a Sun Belt team and it will always be worse than losing to a SEC team.

You're also conveniently discounting that Kentucky this year is likely going to be a bowl team at worst- and has already beaten Florida. They're 10x better than South Alabama was.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:42 PM
You are making Kentucky out to be way better than they are. They barely beat a terrible Central Michigan team.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:44 PM
If 2018 State ends up close to 2016 State, it's not a defense of Moorhead or this loss. If that happens, he should be fired.

We're not going to fire a coach after one year unless he is involved in a scandal or gets us on probation. That's totally off the rails.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:44 PM
That does not matter. A SEC team should not lose to a Sun Belt team and it will always be worse than losing to a SEC team.

You're also conveniently discounting that Kentucky this year is likely going to be a bowl team at worst- and has already beaten Florida. They're 10x better than South Alabama was.

Honestly, what does it even matter? Ok, Mullen had one loss worse than this in 9 years. Great. Or if he had 2 or 3, who cares? This was a TERRIBLE loss, as much because of how it happened as that it happened at all. We are an undisciplined, unfocused, lazy, stupid team right now. I don't know what that has to do with Mullen. We are very talented yet we looked like a complete joke tonight.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:45 PM
We're not going to fire a coach after one year unless he is involved in a scandal or gets us on probation. That's totally off the rails.

I said should be. I know we won't. But it's just delaying the inevitable at that point.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 11:45 PM
You are making Kentucky out to be way better than they are. They barely beat a terrible Central Michigan team.

Yet they beat Florida at home easily

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:48 PM

They also beat Florida on the road. Beating CMU 35-20 isn't "barely"- Dan beating UAB 29-24 in 2010 is "barely". You think that we are a good team and they beat us as well. It's very reasonable to believe that they will beat Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Tennessee at a bare minimum- that's 7 right there. And probably Mizzou. Then they have South Carolina in Lexington which could go either way and probably stand a decent to good chance of beating Louisville.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Yet they beat Florida at home easily

Florida sucks.

Murray State has over 100 more yards of offense on them and ran 21 times for 122 yards.

This game was. an. embarrassment. Period.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:50 PM
They also beat Florida on the road. Beating CMU 35-20 isn't "barely"- Dan beating UAB 29-24 in 2010 is "barely". You think that we are a good team and they beat us as well. It's very reasonable to believe that they will beat Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Tennessee at a bare minimum- that's 7 right there. And probably Mizzou. Then they have South Carolina in Lexington which could go either way and probably stand a decent to good chance of beating Louisville.

I do not think we are a good team, no. I think we are a very talented team that looked completely uncoached tonight.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:53 PM
Honestly, what does it even matter? Ok, Mullen had one loss worse than this in 9 years. Great. Or if he had 2 or 3, who cares? This was a TERRIBLE loss, as much because of how it happened as that it happened at all. We are an undisciplined, unfocused, lazy, stupid team right now. I don't know what that has to do with Mullen. We are very talented yet we looked like a complete joke tonight.

No one is saying it isn't a bad loss. Just most of us aren't saying it's the same as losing to a Sun Belt team. Dan recruited these players. If he brought in undisciplined, unfocused, lazy, and stupid players- some of that has to be on him.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:53 PM
No one is saying it isn't a bad loss. Just most of us aren't saying it's the same as losing to a Sun Belt team. Dan recruited these players. If he brought in undisciplined, unfocused, lazy, and stupid players- some of that has to be on him.

He didn't! These are the exact same players that were far more disciplined last year.

smootness
09-22-2018, 11:55 PM
For the record, I did not bring up Mullen in this thread. This had nothing to do with him. I don't know why we're talking about him.

This game is 100% on our coaching staff. They dropped the ball in a major way and better pick it up in a hurry.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:56 PM
He didn't! These are the exact same players that were far more disciplined last year.

Yeah- they suddenly became stupid when Dan left.**

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 12:01 AM
How in the holy hell is this worse than south Alabama? Mullen pulled our starting quarterback after two series, that means he took him out of the game. He put in what?s his face and rode with him the rest of the game. This Kentucky team is not bad, that south Alabama team was garbage. That?s what we?re rid of. I?ll take my chances with moorhead, in his 4th game in 1st year of coaching job over that shit all day.

Because we didn't have our "best team ever" that year. It was expected to be a down year. This one wasn't. Jeez Kentucky is traditionally our easiest SEC game. We were 8-1 the last 9 years and obliterated them last year, a supposed rebuilding year.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:01 AM
Yeah- they suddenly became stupid when Dan left.**

I commend you for what you're doing. I've been there many times myself. You disregard what is right in your face because what you want to be true doesn't appear to be happening so you pretend you're not seeing what you're actually seeing.

Yes, these same players became suddenly much more undisciplined between last year and this year. That is a probable fact. Which is exactly why I'm saying what I'm saying about the coaching.

So either they suddenly became stupider, which you seem to reject...or our coaches are much worse at instilling discipline. Looks like we've come to the same conclusion.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Because we didn't have our "best team ever" that year. It was expected to be a down year. This one wasn't. Jeez Kentucky is traditionally our easiest SEC game. We were 8-1 the last 9 years and obliterated them last year, a supposed rebuilding year.

Who says this is our best team ever? You? We have a first year head coach in the SEC. We’re going to take a few lumps. Everyone discounting this Kentucky team is full of shit. If they beat South Carolina they will be second in the east.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:11 AM
Who says this is our best team ever? You? We have a first year head coach in the SEC. We’re going to take a few lumps. Everyone discounting this Kentucky team is full of shit. If they beat South Carolina they will be second in the east.

You're kidding yourself if you think anybody was thinking Kentucky might pose a problem for us. They don't compare in too-end talent.

Gutter Cobreh
09-23-2018, 12:12 AM
How so?

I don't give a shit about consensus on this board. Look at the posts tonight. The "consensus" is that Moorhead is a failure after one loss. Bama lost to Ole Miss twice and yet still made the playoff. We aren't on their level, but melting over a loss in the 4th game is a bit premature.

We did get steamrolled. What I saw though was a bunch of "mental midgets" that thought they were the real deal. They couldn't handle the pressure. That isn't on the coaching. That comes from the players either backing up their trash talk or making stupid mistakes because they were getting whipped.

I'll agree we should have kept a back in to help block, but when your QB can't hit open receivers and when he does the WR drops the ball -it doesn't matter. We have guys that either need to step up or step out.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 12:15 AM

Jeez Man, you haven't been reading this board much lately have you. I got repeatedly blasted for saying this might NOT be our best team ever. I was the one saying pump the brakes, both on us and on the accepted fact we blow UK out. I agree with you, for what it's worth. Go back and look at tot OPmin this thread, sheesh.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 12:17 AM
I commend you for what you're doing. I've been there many times myself. You disregard what is right in your face because what you want to be true doesn't appear to be happening so you pretend you're not seeing what you're actually seeing.

Yes, these same players became suddenly much more undisciplined between last year and this year. That is a probable fact. Which is exactly why I'm saying what I'm saying about the coaching.

So either they suddenly became stupider, which you seem to reject...or our coaches are much worse at instilling discipline. Looks like we've come to the same conclusion.

Some of it is absolutely on the coaching staff. I'm not denying that. At the same time, some of it also falls on our players because they should know how to act on the field. And if our previous coaches misevaluated the character of our current players that they brought in some of the burden falls on them for that as well.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:17 AM
I don't give a shit about consensus on this board. Look at the posts tonight. The "consensus" is that Moorhead is a failure after one loss. Bama lost to Ole Miss twice and yet still made the playoff. We aren't on their level, but melting over a loss in the 4th game is a bit premature.

We did get steamrolled. What I saw though was a bunch of "mental midgets" that thought they were the real deal. They couldn't handle the pressure. That isn't on the coaching. That comes from the players either backing up their trash talk or making stupid mistakes because they were getting whipped.

I'll agree we should have kept a back in to help block, but when your QB can't hit open receivers and when he does the WR drops the ball -it doesn't matter. We have guys that either need to step up or step out.

If our players weren't ready or focused, that is absolutely on the coaching staff.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:19 AM
Some of it is absolutely on the coaching staff. I'm not denying that. At the same time, some of it also falls on our players because they should know how to act on the field. And if our previous coaches misevaluated the character of our current players that they brought in some of the burden falls on them for that as well.

My point is, these are not young players. They have been around and in the program. We have seen them under a different staff and they were far more disciplined. So yes, I can blame the difference on the coaching staff.

That would be like a QB winning the Heisman one year, getting a new coach, then throwing for 5 TD and 25 INT the next year and blaming the first coach for misevaluating and recruiting such a bad QB.

Gutter Cobreh
09-23-2018, 12:21 AM
If our players weren't ready or focused, that is absolutely on the coaching staff.

And yet, yelling and throwing tantrums on the sidelines would have helped them focus.

Call me silly, but I suspect Moorhead will get through to them and be able to use this loss as a way to motivate the team. We'll see how talented these guys are and if they have what it takes inside to be a winner.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:23 AM
And yet, yelling and throwing tantrums on the sidelines would have helped them focus.

Call me silly, but I suspect Moorhead will get through to them and be able to use this loss as a way to motivate the team. We'll see how talented these guys are and if they have what it takes inside to be a winner.

Did I advocate for him to yell and scream? I have said nothing about his demeanor, I don't care about his demeanor. The lack of discipline is evident by our play on the field, not on our coach's face.

He may be able to fix things. He better.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:25 AM
Jeez Man, you haven't been reading this board much lately have you. I got repeatedly blasted for saying this might NOT be our best team ever. I was the one saying pump the brakes, both on us and on the accepted fact we blow UK out. I agree with you, for what it's worth. Go back and look at tot OPmin this thread, sheesh.

I have not been reading this board much lately no, only on the weekends. Anyone thinking any team with a new head coach in the SEC will come in and win 10 games hasn’t watched much football. Jimbo has the best chance of doing anything like that. Kirby smart is a saban disciple. Regardless, I’ll take a chance on going in a different direction than Mullen. We’ll see where it takes us. And I’ll say it again, this Kentucky team is a good team.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 12:27 AM
We are gonna find out how good a coach joe is in the next week and how much heart and fight our players have. I tend to believe joe gets it fixed. Let it play out. We were told by psu and Fordham people it took 4-5 games for him to get rolling and our offense might look clunky and out of rythym until then. I like to let things play out cause there's plenty of time to bitch if things go bad.

Homedawg
09-23-2018, 12:45 AM

If they win 8 it's because they played and beat us and played in the east. Otherwise that's a 7 win team. And either way, we played awful, stop, get off your high horse and just say we sucked and it was as bad as anything you've seen from a "good" football team. Your defense is about gone honestly

Homedawg
09-23-2018, 12:46 AM

Based on talent he should t need a loss to get it through to them, but whatever.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 01:02 AM
I have not been reading this board much lately no, only on the weekends. Anyone thinking any team with a new head coach in the SEC will come in and win 10 games hasn’t watched much football. Jimbo has the best chance of doing anything like that. Kirby smart is a saban disciple. Regardless, I’ll take a chance on going in a different direction than Mullen. We’ll see where it takes us. And I’ll say it again, this Kentucky team is a good team.
They are good, but it's pretty much the same team as last year, same as us.

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 07:13 AM

You serious captain?

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 07:19 AM
We are gonna find out how good a coach joe is in the next week and how much heart and fight our players have. I tend to believe joe gets it fixed. Let it play out. We were told by psu and Fordham people it took 4-5 games for him to get rolling and our offense might look clunky and out of rythym until then. I like to let things play out cause there's plenty of time to bitch if things go bad.

He doesn't have 4-5 games to get it together this year. That's back to back losses. They won't magically turn it around then

gravedigger
09-23-2018, 07:56 AM

My guess it directly coincides with the people who were absolutely certain we would blow them out.

This is probably more embarrassment than anything. Not for our team. But for the false bravado and confidence on this board.

maroonmania
09-23-2018, 08:14 AM

I wouldn't consider the USA loss an equally bad loss in that I don't think anyone had high expectations of the 2016 MSU team. This 2018 team was supposed to be among the best teams we've EVER had. Doesn't look like that will be the case now.

Turfdawg67
09-23-2018, 11:16 AM
My guess it directly coincides with the people who were absolutely certain we would blow them out.

This is probably more embarrassment than anything. Not for our team. But for the false bravado and confidence on this board.

False bravado?? We were averaging 50 pts a game and running hog wild over our opponents. We destroyed UK last year when ppl were claiming 'how tough a game it would be'. Benny Snell had 18 yds last year. There was plenty of reasons to be confident going into this game. This is squarely on Moorhead and his game plan.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 11:51 AM
He doesn't have 4-5 games to get it together this year. That's back to back losses. They won't magically turn it around then

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what kind of leadership we have. We'll find out Saturday night.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 12:45 PM
False bravado?? We were averaging 50 pts a game and running hog wild over our opponents. We destroyed UK last year when ppl were claiming 'how tough a game it would be'. Benny Snell had 18 yds last year. There was plenty of reasons to be confident going into this game. This is squarely on Moorhead and his game plan.

We hadn't played a team with a pulse...till last night.

bulldawg28
09-23-2018, 02:40 PM
Guess we'll just have to wait and see what kind of leadership we have. We'll find out Saturday night.

Agreed. However, the crowd will provide the push come Saturday. I want to see beyond the crowd push what do we have down deep.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Agreed. However, the crowd will provide the push come Saturday. I want to see beyond the crowd push what do we have down deep.

Agree completely. I wanna find out what kinda heart and fight we got. You always provide pretty good insights.