PDA

View Full Version : All Dan Mullen needs to do.......

Goat Holder
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
....is f*cking BEAT somebody. Damnit Dan, don't throw away the Auburn game and nobody is bitching. NOBODY. Honestly, if he just beats Kentucky, Arkansas and Ole Miss, nobody is bitching. In Year 5 we ought to be able to do that. Everybody says we don't have much room for error, but damnit, we already threw that card away when we blew the Auburn game.

I want to believe. Everything would work out great if we could make this happen. A staff that's generally intact for 2 years = good recrootin. Just like I wanted Croom to work in the ideal world, but he wouldn't allow it to happen. It's almost like Mullen is trying to make it not work.

Just beat somebody, and all his problems go away.

HoopsDawg
10-14-2013, 12:52 PM
no shit, you have to go back to 2010 to find a game where he actually beat someone. UK and Arkansas are games I expect us to win. He needs to beat South Carolina or Ole Miss.

fishwater99
10-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Mullen will never beat a Top 20 team.....

hacker
10-14-2013, 02:05 PM

yeah, impossible**

smootness
10-14-2013, 02:07 PM
no shit, you have to go back to 2010 to find a game where he actually beat someone. UK and Arkansas are games I expect us to win. He needs to beat South Carolina or Ole Miss.

You have to admit that at least he's gotten us to the point where we expect to beat somebody every year in the SEC.

Beating Ole Miss would not be counted as 'beating somebody'. He's 3-1 against them, and they're not going to end up with a good record, especially not if we beat them. SC would be a good win, though.

He's fine after this year; there's no way he's getting fired no matter what. What he really needs to do is get us back to 8-9 wins again next year. If he doesn't, even if we go to a bowl, he will really start to feel the heat.

hacker
10-14-2013, 02:07 PM

This shit's so lame. You're always saying this "top 20" garbage. "Top 20" is such an arbitrary benchmark. When he beats a #18 team are you going to change it to "Mullen will never beat a top 17 team" or what?

fishwater99
10-14-2013, 02:10 PM
This shit's so lame. You're always saying this "top 20" garbage. "Top 20" is such an arbitrary benchmark. When he beats a #18 team are you going to change it to "Mullen will never beat a top 17 team" or what?

Nope, I will give him credit for the win if he ever does.

How would you like that?

Goat Holder
10-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I don't care about this stupid Top 20 shit you spew. I just want him to beat bowl teams, aka Auburn this year, and 2011. Perhaps South Carolina in 2011 (even though they were 10-2) and Ole Miss 2012. That's all I want. Only idiots think he's going to beat the truly good SEC teams. I don't want to blow games where we are clearly the better team, like at Auburn.

Goat Holder
10-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd be happy with just Ole Miss. South Carolina is a stretch.

CadaverDawg
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
You have to admit that at least he's gotten us to the point where we expect to beat somebody every year in the SEC.

Beating Ole Miss would not be counted as 'beating somebody'. He's 3-1 against them, and they're not going to end up with a good record, especially not if we beat them. SC would be a good win, though.

He's fine after this year; there's no way he's getting fired no matter what. What he really needs to do is get us back to 8-9 wins again next year. If he doesn't, even if we go to a bowl, he will really start to feel the heat.

This^

I agree