PDA

View Full Version : Did our coaching staff allow this team to overlook Kentucky for DMs return?

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 10:07 PM
As I watched how little focus and precision we had tonight, the thought crept into my mind. Did we let UK?s talking and game next week take us off our game? Was that the main root cause for tonight?s abomination? Let?s not forget, these kids have little life experience and are in fact, kids.

We will find out what type of character this team has in less than 7 days. Do they understand what they have, self reflect, and get back on track. Or do they point fingers and spiral out of control down the drain. I think they will regroup, but I also thought we?d steamroll Kentucky.

Time will tell but don?t give up. We have a talented team that needs to find their identify. At least we get this wake up call before we hit our difficult stretch. Last year we got bitch slapped two weeks in a row and took a bit to regroup.

ETA. We played like a team that hadn?t been tested at all this year. Then we didn?t know how to react when we actually were tested. Like 3 preseasons games and then playing first real game when opponent played first real game 2 weeks ago.

BB30
09-22-2018, 10:09 PM
Absolutely. No point in throwing in the towel yet. Kids need to bow up and go to work this week and come out hungry next Saturday.

JOMO needs to crawl in some asses this week and get some fire lit in this team.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:11 PM
No- I think it was that stupid Twitter spat between the players and we got cocky and didn't back it up.

And yes, the coaches should have stepped in there and stopped that.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:15 PM
We got beat by the better team, and it wasn't close. Now the personnel for both is essentially the same as it was last year. That's an enormous swing.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:16 PM
No- I think it was that stupid Twitter spat between the players and we got cocky and didn't back it up.

But then they might have been mad at Moorhead. Buds can't do stuff like that

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 10:19 PM
All valid responses. I just remember as a college athlete that I never allowed an opponent perception or talent Level get in my mind. They were all the same when you stepped between the lines. Do what you?ve practiced and focus on what you know. If you don?t do that and get outside of yourself, you typically fail. It looked like that tonight for us.

parabrave
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
No. Not making adjustments on offense, stupid ass penalties and just a overall pisspoor job of coaching got us beat.

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
All valid responses. I just remember as a college athlete that I never allowed an opponent perception or talent Level get in my mind. They were all the same when you stepped between the lines. Do what you?ve practiced and focus on what you know. If you don?t do that and get outside of yourself, you typically fail. It looked like that tonight for us.

What really troubles me some ... is coaches couldn't get it squared away at halftime. We were worse in 2nd half than 1st.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:24 PM
But then they might have been mad at Moorhead. Buds can't do stuff like that

They weren't mad when he suspended Fitz for a game or sat Aeris for K-State.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:26 PM
What really troubles me some ... is coaches couldn't get it squared away at halftime. We were worse in 2nd half than 1st.

Dumb stuff all night... still can't believe with Kentucky at their own goal line we didn't have Simmons in. We then brought him in after 1st down on penalty and he blew em up for a loss

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 10:29 PM

Yea. It really is mind boggling. Adjustments were non existent. We regressed. Really is unexplainable and probably best left
That way. After watching that I?m not watching any more football until maybe Thursday.

I watched a little Utah State Air Force after our abortion, and the Utah State tempo is what we need to be successful.

Y?all go grab a drink, walk outside, relax and enjoy life. We ha e another one in 7 days. These are 18-22 year old kids. They may blow the breaks off of the DM bunch next week and this only be a hiccup.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:33 PM
Yea. It really is mind boggling. Adjustments were non existent. We regressed. Really is unexplainable and probably best left
That way. After watching that I?m not watching any more football until maybe Thursday.

I watched a little Utah State Air Force after our abortion, and the Utah State tempo is what we need to be successful.

Y?all go grab a drink, walk outside, relax and enjoy life. We ha e another one in 7 days. These are 18-22 year old kids. They may blow the breaks off of the DM bunch next week and this only be a hiccup.

It will be a complete role reversal next weekend in terms of emotion. We'll see if they have it in them to pull it off.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2018, 10:37 PM
Lose next week and I’m done with this staff. Too much talent for shitty coaching to piss it away.

Homedawg
09-22-2018, 10:40 PM

We can agree w that. Uk started a fight, and had beaten fla, we didn't overlook them, we just lost. To a way better team. Tonight