PDA

View Full Version : What happened

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Early on in the game they did exactly what anyone with any sense knew they would do (and what most good teams did to Mullen for years) put 7-8 in the box and dare us to throw it.

As the game went on and they started believing they could beat us they started giving us more run boxes but Moorhead never committed to it. We had 12 first downs the entire game.

Our defense got tired and eventually it showed by the end of the game. We should have tackled better but other than that we played ok on defense. I dont like the 4-2-5 because you are asking a lot out of your ends and you pretty much have to play a 4-2 box look more times than not but that is a bitchfest for another thread.

Fact is Moorhead looked overwhelmed and to me, he looked like he was almost scared or apprehensive to come unglued. All those big words and catchy sayings he likes to use are great till you have to get kids to respect you and go play. Not just playing but being disciplined. I never saw Moorhead show any emotion to a single player, coach, or an official on camera. Maybe he did but we didnt get to see it.

We looked like the frat boy walking into the bar that picked on the wrong kid tonight. And when they punched back all we could do was talk and got awful penalty after awful penalty. We looked weak minded. As weak as we have ever looked. No one looked like they were being held accountable.

This isnt on Fitz, the OL, or anyone. This is on us as a program and hopefully I am wrong but Moorhead better start being a coach and not a friend to these kids or it will never work. He has no excuses. The season isnt over but he has too much talent for it not to be a good one.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-22-2018, 10:07 PM
Good post. Thought top to bottom:

We absolutely should have ran it inside more. Or, if theri LBs were crashing down on every handoff, play actioned slants in the emptied out space. Kentucky was swarming too much for there to be nothing open anywhere if we adjusted the gameplan.

Defense allowed 300 total yards and had an int. I don't care about the late points, they wouldn't have happened if the O had kept us in it. 300 total yards (80+ in garbage time late) is a good job.

Moorhead never adjusted the playcalling to the rain or defense, never game the LTs help trying to block Allen (41), and never tried the one thing this team is actually proven to be good at- inside runs. We aso never solved the false starts, delay of games, and mouthing off. yYeah, he looked in over his head.

We 100% were weak minded. D mouthed off like little bitches almost all night, OL never got physical. Weak.

There were so many coaching flaws this game. We saw false starts and d.o.g.'s against KState, why didn't we fix that? we knew they were thowing flags for verbal stuff. Why didn't we get o nthe players and make them cut it out? Tackles couldn't handle Allen. Why not give them help? Rbs and Fitz's legs are our strengths. Why not use them? So much blame for Moorhead and Johnson

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 10:12 PM
Great post Bucky

From my perspective, there is a reason that dickheads win in college football. Saban, Smart, Urban, etc are all dickheads. They wear on people, but they demand respect & have extremely discipline teams.

What I saw tonight was a head coach that is a good cop but has no bad cop in him or on the staff to hold people accountable.

It is what it is. The players love Moorhead, but he doesn’t command their respect & has no bad cop in him to hold people accountable.

Bdawg
09-22-2018, 10:12 PM
Our OL was just pathetic. Could run block or pass block and with all the stupid penalties, you ain't winning crap. Fitz was flushed or hit dang near every time he dropped back. No running lanes what so ever either. Total pathetic performance on offense. Our defense couldn't rest a lick with the terrible offensive performance.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:13 PM
Same teams as last year.....you do the math.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Good post. Thought top to bottom:

We absolutely should have ran it inside more. Or, if theri LBs were crashing down on every handoff, play actioned slants in the emptied out space. Kentucky was swarming too much for there to be nothing open anywhere if we adjusted the gameplan.

Defense allowed 300 total yards and had an int. I don't care about the late points, they wouldn't have happened if the O had kept us in it. 300 total yards (80+ in garbage time late) is a good job.

Moorhead never adjusted the playcalling to the rain or defense, never game the LTs help trying to block Allen (41), and never tried the one thing this team is actually proven to be good at- inside runs. We aso never solved the false starts, delay of games, and mouthing off. yYeah, he looked in over his head.

We 100% were weak minded. D mouthed off like little bitches almost all night, OL never got physical. Weak.

There were so many coaching flaws this game. We saw false starts and d.o.g.'s against KState, why didn't we fix that? we knew they were thowing flags for verbal stuff. Why didn't we get o nthe players and make them cut it out? Tackles couldn't handle Allen. Why not give them help? Rbs and Fitz's legs are our strengths. Why not use them? So much blame for Moorhead and Johnson

I agree. With all of the reads with the RPO's until Fitz can make throws more accurately people are going to force us to beat them with his arm. And Joe does need to do some things to help Fitz out protection wise.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 10:15 PM
Same teams as last year.....you do the math.

Look dude Mullen will be in town next week if you want to go thank him for thinking hes bigger and better than you and your school. Mullen is gone. He might win next week or he might get his ass beat next week.

But one thing I do know for sure is you will be gushing like a 50s girl over Elvis for him when he comes out of the tunnel. STFU

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 10:17 PM
I agree. With all of the reads with the RPO's until Fitz can make throws more accurately people are going to force us to beat them with his arm. And Joe does need to do some things to help Fitz out protection wise.

This is how you stop RPO's...You play man coverage and take away the reads. There is no read to make if its man. Or you put 7-8 in the box so if Fitz decides to give it its target practice for the hang player or the safety that you add to the box. UK did both at times. They played pretty simple and spun the safeties most of the time it was a 1 high look unless they knew we had to throw it. And by the 3rd qtr thats exactly what Joe did and it allowed them to pin their ears back and go. RPOs aint the cure for aids.

If Moorhead had any sense (he does) he had to know this was coming. People dont know what a RPO is and its mostly the medias fault for talking about it every single game but tonight didnt have much to do with RPOs. Tonight was on us as a program and we are now at a crossroads. Maybe the biggest crossroads we have been in since we hired Mullen.

Cooterpoot
09-22-2018, 10:18 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/N04G1Zqm/1_F6605_D8-_B7_EF-4859-_BBD3-80_D68_DDA338_E.jpg

The hits keep coming*

Coursesuper
09-22-2018, 10:19 PM
Early on in the game they did exactly what anyone with any sense knew they would do (and what most good teams did to Mullen for years) put 7-8 in the box and dare us to throw it.

As the game went on and they started believing they could beat us they started giving us more run boxes but Moorhead never committed to it. We had 12 first downs the entire game.

Our defense got tired and eventually it showed by the end of the game. We should have tackled better but other than that we played ok on defense. I dont like the 4-2-5 because you are asking a lot out of your ends and you pretty much have to play a 4-2 box look more times than not but that is a bitchfest for another thread.

Fact is Moorhead looked overwhelmed and to me, he looked like he was almost scared or apprehensive to come unglued. All those big words and catchy sayings he likes to use are great till you have to get kids to respect you and go play. Not just playing but being disciplined. I never saw Moorhead show any emotion to a single player, coach, or an official on camera. Maybe he did but we didnt get to see it.

We looked like the frat boy walking into the bar that picked on the wrong kid tonight. And when they punched back all we could do was talk and got awful penalty after awful penalty. We looked weak minded. As weak as we have ever looked. No one looked like they were being held accountable.

This isnt on Fitz, the OL, or anyone. This is on us as a program and hopefully I am wrong but Moorhead better start being a coach and not a friend to these kids or it will never work. He has no excuses. The season isnt over but he has too much talent for it not to be a good one.

I’m still amazed that we can’t adjust to an unbalanced line, that’s middle school stuff.

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 10:21 PM
I’m still amazed that we can’t adjust to an unbalanced line, that’s middle school stuff.

For whatever reason a simple one gap shift by UKs DL blew our minds tonight and we decided to play Simmons as a head up nose in a even front scheme which makes it harder on your 2 ILBs to play. (Since we are in the stupid ass 4-2-5 more times than not we are a 4-2 box look its pretty predictatable)

Coursesuper
09-22-2018, 10:25 PM
For whatever reason a simple one gap shift by UKs DL blew our minds tonight and we decided to play Simmons as a head up nose in a even front scheme which makes it harder on your 2 ILBs to play. (Since we are in the stupid ass 4-2-5 more times than not we are a 4-2 box look its pretty predictatable)

Exactly, we never moved to it we just stood there and took it.