PDA

View Full Version : Just back to motel from the game...it was as bad as what you saw on tv

99jc
09-22-2018, 09:53 PM
It was 17ing worse. Moorhead just lost the season...we got dominated by Kentucky.Penaltys were enexcusable. No run game Fitz look like shit on a stick. I was not sold on Moorhead as I've stated before. He is not the coach we hoped he would be. If we don't beat Florida and auburn with the talent we have it's over for me with him. We need to cut our losses and fire his fat ass after the egg bowl.

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Can?t disagrre with anything at this point. Hopefully they can figure it out. Have a safe trip back home.

Maroonthirteen
09-22-2018, 09:57 PM
Everyone talks about talent.

We have a QB that can’t pass. No real playmaker at WR.

We don’t have a dominate LB. secondary took some licks against lesser competition. I’m not so sure we have a ton of talent

Dallas_Dawg
09-22-2018, 10:03 PM

We don’t have a dominate LB. secondary took some licks against lesser competition. I’m not so sure we have a ton of talent
Dude Guidry is a playmaker. Fitz just sucks at passing. Ricky Vaughn

Dawgs31
09-22-2018, 10:06 PM
These Mississippi boys respect hard authority. Quiet Joe is the substitute teacher not the assistant principal with the paddle.

RougeDawg
09-22-2018, 10:13 PM
These Mississippi boys respect hard authority. Quiet Joe is the substitute teacher not the assistant principal with the paddle.

What this guy says. ^^^^^

Mobile Bay
09-22-2018, 10:17 PM
It was 17ing worse. Moorhead just lost the season...we got dominated by Kentucky.Penaltys were enexcusable. No run game Fitz look like shit on a stick. I was not sold on Moorhead as I've stated before. He is not the coach we hoped he would be. If we don't beat Florida and auburn with the talent we have it's over for me with him. We need to cut our losses and fire his fat ass after the egg bowl.

Fitz is mentally gone due to his injury at last years egg bowl. Moorehead is a shit hire. Cohen needs to go,

bobtail bob
09-22-2018, 10:19 PM

We have a QB that can?t pass. No real playmaker at WR.

We don?t have a dominate LB. secondary took some licks against lesser competition. I?m not so sure we have a ton of talent

Then you adjust to what your have. You don't have your qb that cant pass slinging it around like Dan Marino

Dawg2003
09-22-2018, 10:22 PM
Then you adjust to what your have. You don't have your qb that cant pass slinging it around like Dan Marino

This x 100. Moorhead is trying to make Fitz something he's not. That's not on Fitz. Fitz isn't perfect, not you can't ask him to be what he's not.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2018, 12:25 AM

The last 2 are on defense, and since they only gave up 300 total yards including garbage time and lack of talent on that side was NOT the problem tonight.

If we have a lack of talent that cost us this game, it's on O. Fitz is inaccurate and no WR can dominate. So, we do what won us 9 games last year, and run the damn football after telling the OL to get mean. Yet this OL under Moorhead -the same one that kicked ass last year- looked soft as hell. These 2 RBs and QB -who combined for 2300 yards last year- got 12 carries for the RBs and 56 yards total. That's on the gameplan, and Moorhead for trying to stick with his pass first run 2nd preference from his QB. He's simply not adjusting, and I"m worried Johnson is a bad OL coach which would make all this irrelevant

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:43 AM
Dude Guidry is a playmaker. Fitz just sucks at passing. Ricky Vaughn

Was he playmaking when that pass bounced off his hands for a first down or was that fitz’s fault?

MarketingBully
09-23-2018, 01:03 AM
Was he playmaking when that pass bounced off his hands for a first down or was that fitz’s fault?

Here’s an idea. Establish the running game then utilize play action to keep defenses honest with the passing game. Don’t start the game off passing it all over the place to the tune of 32 total passing plays to 28 running plays. Should have had 40 running plays to 20 passing plays and we win this game by two scores easy. 5 of our 6 plays to start the game were passes. Our 15 play 80 yard scoring drive was 9 runs to 6 passes but during the rest of the game we abandoned that run over pass playcalling. But as I looked through the box score false starts and unsportsmanlike penalties really hurt the flow of our offense especially early. I think we had something like 7 pre-snap false starts and I know we had one big unsportsmanlike like penalty on Johnson on our first play and run of the game. Just a very undisciplined effort but still our abandonment of the run game was extremely concerning. Hopefully JoMo learns from this and we don’t abandon our run game like this the rest of the year.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 01:15 AM
Here’s an idea. Establish the running game then utilize play action to keep defenses honest with the passing game. Don’t start the game off passing it all over the place to the tune of 32 total passing plays to 28 running plays. Should have had 40 running plays to 20 passing plays and we win this game by two scores easy. 5 of our 6 plays to start the game were passes. Our 15 play 80 yard scoring drive was 9 runs to 6 passes but during the rest of the game we abandoned that run over pass playcalling. But as I looked through the box score false starts and unsportsmanlike penalties really hurt the flow of our offense especially early. I think we had something like 7 pre-snap false starts and I know we had one big unsportsmanlike like penalty on Johnson on our first play and run of the game. Just a very undisciplined effort but still our abandonment of the run game was extremely concerning. Hopefully JoMo learns from this and we don’t abandon our run game like this the rest of the year.

No shit, I’ve said it so many times going back years. Run run run, my biggest fear is watching what mullen did. That’s what we saw tonight. He would have lost this game in exactly the same way.

BulldogBear
09-23-2018, 03:57 AM
No shit, I?ve said it so many times going back years. Run run run, my biggest fear is watching what mullen did. That?s what we saw tonight. He would have lost this game in exactly the same way.

Rep Given.

I started a whole thread two weeks ago to praise JoMo for stating that we would not do exactly what we did tonight. He said we would worry about winning first and whatever it took to do that and not concern ourselves with other goals, purposes, or agendas. So much for that. Tonight it looked like a Croom offense combined with a Mullen gameplan. Either way it was a shitshow we've all seen before. When we got the ball back around midfield mid 4th quarter, the sad thing is that we all knew we weren't going to shit with it. Good grief I don't want to go back those days.

Hambone
09-23-2018, 04:13 AM
You do realize our running game tonight resembled the Croom era offense??? 2.3 yards per carry isn’t going to cut it. We passed so much because Kentucky would not let us run. They did the smart thing and shut down our running attack and dared Fitz to beat us. He did not

basedog
09-23-2018, 07:41 AM
Risky hire as we all see now, I was all in at the beginning of the season but now I have doubts. Maybe Joe is a good assistant not a good Sec Coach. Kentucky got into our players head with smack talk and backed it up while we played like a bunch of scared girls who were bullies but didn't want to fight cleanly!

I had throw back visions of Croom type team with no imagination on offense with a terrible game plan.

Fitz I had hoped would be much improved, he is not, if anything he is used less in what he can do and is asked to do things he can't do.

Leo Lewis, well I will say he plays out of control and his personal fouls (one another in a previous game) is unacceptable. Maybe he should sit for a while but he is just one of the problems.

Can't understand why we weren't double teaming 41 last night.

Oh well I was hoping the sun would be out today but it doesn't look like it plus I'm afraid after next Saturday it could be a storm brewing in StarkVegas. Hope I'm wrong as Joe talks the talk but I think we have a soft coach!

Whoever said "we can't have nice things" may be on to something.

I'm done I feel better getting it out in the open, LMBO!

KOdawg1
09-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Mobile Bay, you are by far the worst poster on this board. You only show up when something bad happens just to bitch. Please do everyone a favor and stfu and go be a miserable pick by yourself. It's one damn game. An ugly game that should've never happened but one game nonetheless. If we look like this for the rest of the season, you have a point but give the man a chance to turn it around at least. Damn

shannondawg
09-23-2018, 08:15 AM
I'm usually pretty defensive for coaches and players, but my bubble has busted. This was a shit show, and probably has set the tone for season.

Bothrops
09-23-2018, 08:29 AM
Any hire at MSU is gonna be risky! What do you expect? Our other hiring option was a nincompoop that looks like Mr. Potato Head. We did better than that.

basedog
09-23-2018, 08:51 AM
Any hire at MSU is gonna be risky! What do you expect? Our other hiring option was a nincompoop that looks like Mr. Potato Head. We did better than that.

Tn had the worse hire, but yes on any hire being risky. Especially someone who never has coached in the Sec.

MetEdDawg
09-23-2018, 09:03 AM
There's a lot of crazy in this thread. This team goes only as far as Fitz takes us. Name me any coach you wanted other than Moorhead and they lose this game tonight.

WE DONT HAVE A QB THAT CAN THROW THE FOOTBALL. Name me some really good teams that have a QB that can't throw. I'll wait. Yes we looked poorly coached last night. But Mullen losses that game last night if he's our head coach. Fitz hasn't gotten better and that's a problem. Not so much on Moorhead but Mullen.

The penalties and the discipline issues are squarely on Moorhead. Some of that crap is inexcusable. But our issue right now is that Fitz has made no improvements over his time at MSU. Yes Moorhead is trying to fit that square peg in a round hole. But this is his damn team people. We still have to pass the ball to win games in this league guys. We have an issue and while some of it is on Moorhead, we don't have a QB that can win us a lot of games in the SEC.

Moorhead will make adjustments. But I will say it again. If you think Moorhead should be fired and you are jumping off, your ass better flipping stay off if we beat Florida and Auburn. We don't need a bunch of one game freak outs coming back on board. Just stay the hell off. And if Joe rights the ship and we come back around, stay the hell away.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-23-2018, 01:11 PM
There's a lot of crazy in this thread. This team goes only as far as Fitz takes us. Name me any coach you wanted other than Moorhead and they lose this game tonight.

WE DONT HAVE A QB THAT CAN THROW THE FOOTBALL. Name me some really good teams that have a QB that can't throw. I'll wait.

Ill name you 2 teams: State last year and Bama last year under Hurts. One finished #17 and 9-4, and the other 12-1 and made the championship before Hurts' inability to pass would have brought them down. Auburn with Nick Marshall was pretty run dependent as well, and still made the Natty.

No doubt being able to pass greatly helps, but you can be good without it. The key though is that the OL can't be a bunch of pussies who get manhandled all game and only take a break from this by committing false starts. That is the real reason we lost last night, OL sucked ass and Moorhead never adjusted by helping Eiland or running he ball outside