PDA

View Full Version : All you IDIOTS wanting to fire Mullen over the years, How you feeling now?

EngDawg
09-22-2018, 09:07 PM
We were lucky to have him for 9 years.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:08 PM
Paging C34 and ISID... thank God the country club gone, eh?

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 09:09 PM
You can go give him a kiss next week if you want

EngDawg
09-22-2018, 09:10 PM
You can go give him a kiss next week if you want

I will

Jack Lambert
09-22-2018, 09:13 PM
This is the most undisciplined team we have had in a while. I do think Moorhead needs to stop some of the looseness on the side line. Also he might want to take away Bulldog stickers when you get useless penalties.

Edit to stay there is a D Lineman on the team who better get him self in check. He is costing himself money. Just walk away.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Actually we're lucky he left. Don't forget who "recruited" these players in.

Good to see you post since the last three weeks.

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:14 PM
We certainly aren't well coached right now but ... not sure Mullen wouldn't have lost this game too. When he gets smacked in the mouth unexpectedly in a game, it plays out pretty much like this one has.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:16 PM
We certainly aren't well coached right now but ... not sure Mullen wouldn't have lost this game too. When he gets smacked in the mouth unexpectedly in a game, it plays out pretty much like this one has.

Yes- because Dan has never lost to Kentucky either.**

Homedawg
09-22-2018, 09:18 PM

Yeah he only went 8-1 against them and left us w the most talented team we've had in a decade..... terrible post Todd.

msstate7

Yep, once with sirmon as DC

shoeless joe

He hasn't lost to them like this when we have superior talent. The things he did that rubbed folks wrong all those years is the same things that prevented this type thing from happening. He was by no means perfect but was a helluva lot better than what we saw tonite.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Yeah he only went 8-1 against them and left us w the most talented team we've had in a decade..... terrible post Todd.

"Most talented" based on what?

Not as terrible as you wanting to bring back the guy that brought in these soft immature "talented" players but by all means...

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:20 PM
Yep, once with sirmon as DC

And two weeks ago.

biggun
09-22-2018, 09:25 PM

AMEN!!! And Hevesy, who made chicken salad from chicken shit every damn year!!!!!

IDIOTS!!!!

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:25 PM

At least I don't think Moorhead will put sole blame on Shoop. That's a positive ***

We'll see how we bounce back from this. Not sure what makes our players or fans want to talk a bunch of shit. Some of our fans are the worst at talking shit. Players need to shut up and play. KY is a good team, but as I said if we don't win pretty easily, we have a lot to work on to get to Bama level. I also said we'd find out more about our team tonight cause we ain't played nobody yet.

I saw a little of what the KY fans said they saw against KSU. Well, it's even worse than that. We're in a fight to get to 8 wins now. We are not a tough team at all. This isn't near as much adversity as we'll face in BR & Ttown.

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:26 PM
Does everyone forget the Egg Bowl 2014 or last year.

biggun
09-22-2018, 09:27 PM

1 damn time!!! On a 53 yard FG at the buzzer!!! So, how did we do @UK tonight???? Ass stomped. Nuff said

Coach007
09-22-2018, 09:27 PM

These players?

This is/was a top 10 defense. This staff was handed everything they needed to compete.

There is a lack of discipline, and that's the staff.

shoeless joe
09-22-2018, 09:28 PM

Oh no doubt that Mullen held everyone else to a higher standard of preparation and focus than he held himself...

LC Dawg
09-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Do we really need a Mullen dick blowing thread right now? Florida is currently playing on ESPN if you guys want to circle jerk over him.

biggun
09-22-2018, 09:30 PM

Yep, our OL looks “awesome”. So glad Mullen and Hevesy are gone.*********************************

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:31 PM
At least I don't think Moorhead will put sole blame on Shoop. That's a positive ***

We'll see how we bounce back from this. Not sure what makes our players or fans want to talk a bunch of shit. Some of our fans are the worst at talking shit. Players need to shut up and play. KY is a good team, but as I said if we don't win pretty easily, we have a lot to work on to get to Bama level. I also said we'd find out more about our team tonight cause we ain't played nobody yet.

I saw a little of what the KY fans said they saw against KSU. Well, it's even worse than that. We're in a fight to get to 8 wins now. We are not a tough team at all. This isn't near as much adversity as we'll face in BR & Ttown.

I'm not worried about the fans talking shit. There's no way to police thousands of people effectively anyway and the fans have no impact on the outcome of the game. The players is a different story. I think our players just got cockey and just didn't back it up.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 09:32 PM
Yep, our OL looks “awesome”. So glad Mullen and Hevesy are gone.*********************************

Again they brought them in.

And Dan did not want to be here. Why any of our fans want someone that doesn't want to be here and expect them to get max results from them is beyond me.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:33 PM

Loss to a NY6 team on the road is equal to this? Weak, my friend

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:37 PM
Loss to a NY6 team on the road is equal to this? Weak, my friend

2014 they were decimated by injuries going into that game. They whupped us. You and I both know Mullen is every bit as capable of screwing up this game like it was screwed up. Mullen has very poor record as a heavy favorite against a pretty good team.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:39 PM
2014 they were decimated by injuries going into that game. They whupped us. You and I both know Mullen is every bit as capable of screwing up this game like it was screwed up. Mullen has very poor record as a heavy favorite against a pretty good team.

Kentucky is not a pretty good team. South Carolina and aTm will beat them the next 2 weeks

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:40 PM
Kentucky is not a pretty good team. South Carolina and aTm will beat them the next 2 weeks

TAM probably will (didn't realize they played TAM). USCe ... I'm leaning towards Ky on that one.

dawgs
09-22-2018, 09:43 PM
Mullen didn't do much more against the same Kentucky team a couple weeks ago. Also dan brought the animosity on himself by chasing every shit job in the country. Maryland? Minnesota? **** that guys.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 09:44 PM

He was 8-1 against them here. Go home Todd.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 09:46 PM

We still beat Kentucky both of those years.

Coach007
09-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Mullen didn't do much more against the same Kentucky team a couple weeks ago. Also dan brought the animosity on himself by chasing every shit job in the country. Maryland? Minnesota? **** that guys.

Not even a fair comparison. UF is depleted. We all know it. MSU is loaded. 2 different cases.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Do any of you think this team with Moorhead would lose to south Alabama because the head coach pulled the starting qb after two series? Some of you people have short memories.

Cooterpoot
I hear Hugh Freeze is available. He handled Mullen.

dawgday166
We still beat Kentucky both of those years.

Yea ,,, but we barely got out of Lexington in 2014. Outside of Arky they gave us just our toughest game we won all year. Back and forth both all game long. We could've lost it ... but didn't.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2018, 09:58 PM
Paging C34 and ISID... thank God the country club gone, eh?

Yeah i ****ing am. Moorhead may not be worth a **** and the wrong hire but i would rather let's try someone new than guys that have hit their ceiling and are arrogant lazy ****s. And I know he and staff is working at recruiting. We will see how he reacts to getting his shit pushed in tonite.

Less than a year ago everybody was ****ing pissed the guy was shopping himself that he was too good for us and now people want to clown about oh now you happy he's gone? **** that. Short selective memories are just as bad as acting like ****ing bitches when you get pushed around on the playground.

dawgs
09-22-2018, 09:58 PM
Not even a fair comparison. UF is depleted. We all know it. MSU is loaded. 2 different cases.

Then don't go hollering at any and every program with an opening for he last half decade he was in Starkville and people wouldn't have soured on him. That's a ****ing fact.

EdDawg
09-22-2018, 10:05 PM
We played awful and a LARGE part of that is on the coaching staff, but why are people defending a coach that didn't want to be here?

There may have been people that wanted him gone, but we didn't fire Mullen. He CHOSE to leave and didn't care enough to come out and thank the fans and players until a good bit later. No matter how good he was, why defend that?

I was upset when Mullen left, but he left on his choosing.

Coach007
09-22-2018, 10:05 PM
Then don't go hollering at any and every program with an opening for he last half decade he was in Starkville and people wouldn't have soured on him. That's a ****ing fact.

The only fact is its a double standard.

Don't blame Mullen for what we saw tonight. JoMo was handed a top team in this nation. Period. That's NOT up for debate.

This loss is on JoMo.

Coach007
09-22-2018, 10:06 PM
We played awful and a LARGE part of that is on the coaching staff, but why are people defending a coach that didn't want to be here?

There may have been people that wanted him gone, but we didn't fire Mullen. He CHOSE to leave and didn't care enough to come out and thank the fans and players until a good bit later. No matter how good he was, why defend that?

I was upset when Mullen left, but he left on his choosing.

Nobody is defending Mullen. They are pointing out hypocrisy.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 10:10 PM

What's hypocritical to me is defending a coach that didn't want to be here for nine years but are now jumping our new coach four games into his first year.

I seen it dawg
And i believed we had a chance to be special this yr but apparently not...the problem with everyone saying it and our players believing it is it's just pats on the back and don't mean shit. We NEVER have proven once we are a top team in the country! We think we are or were but what had this team ever proven? Not a ****ing thing. Front running team with some frontrunning fans.

EdDawg

For wanting someone gone that didn't want to be here? Tonight sucked, but no matter how bad it sucks we still don't know how the rest of the year turns out.

Whether Moorhead turns out to be good or bad, I don't think it's terrible for wanting someone gone that didn't want to be here. I may be missing the basis of the argument though.

LC Dawg
09-22-2018, 10:13 PM
How many accounts does Megan have on here?

EdDawg
09-22-2018, 10:17 PM
And i believed we had a chance to be special this yr but apparently not...the problem with everyone saying it and our players believing it is it's just pats on the back and don't mean shit. We NEVER have proven once we are a top team in the country! We think we are or were but what had this team ever proven? Not a ****ing thing. Front running team with some frontrunning fans.

Yep, that's why even though I hate coach speak it's best at times. There are a lot of people that say no matter what fans put on message boards it doesn't effect the game. However, the truth is players read this message board and start to buy into their own hype. When players go into a game that's a dog fight then they are shocked when it's not so easy.

Players read this board and sometimes what we say may effect the game. Even if it MAY not, why take the chance?

Skydawg1
09-22-2018, 10:17 PM
Does everyone forget the Egg Bowl 2014 or last year.We almost won the EB last year...with our backup.

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 10:21 PM
We almost won the EB last year...with our backup.

And what did Mullen run on about the very first play with Key ... a bomb that was picked. Mullen can f*** up games like this with the best of them. Those aren't the only 2 times he did that ... just the 2 that jumped immediately to my mind.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 10:29 PM
Do any of you think this team with Moorhead would lose to south Alabama because the head coach pulled the starting qb after two series? Some of you people have short memories.

Wondering if anyone might reply to this question. I?m assuming not.

I seen it dawg
09-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Wondering if anyone might reply to this question. I?m assuming not.

I'm with you

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 10:52 PM
I guess I’ll have to bump it up again, no one wants to answer?

MaroonFlounder
09-22-2018, 11:18 PM
This is stupid, lamenting the fact that Dan is no longer HC at MSU.

I'd love to still have Dan here, if he wasn't looking for the first opportunity elsewhere EVERY DAMN YEAR.

If not for that, he truly would have been the greatest MSU coach ever.

Every time we had a chance for a GREAT season...we lost to Bama and the fags up in Lafayette county. '12, '14, '15, '17.

Bothrops
09-22-2018, 11:44 PM

All horseshit man, our fans wanted Mullen gone mainly because they knew he didn't want to be here. He's lucky to have made a whole lot of money in 9 years.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 11:51 PM
I guess I’ll have to bump it up again, no one wants to answer?

We would've beat them by 20+ points.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 11:52 PM
This is stupid, lamenting the fact that Dan is no longer HC at MSU.

I'd love to still have Dan here, if he wasn't looking for the first opportunity elsewhere EVERY DAMN YEAR.

If not for that, he truly would have been the greatest MSU coach ever.

Every time we had a chance for a GREAT season...we lost to Bama and the fags up in Lafayette county. '12, '14, '15, '17.

My sentiments exactly!

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 11:54 PM
All horseshit man, our fans wanted Mullen gone mainly because they knew he didn't want to be here. He's lucky to have made a whole lot of money in 9 years.

This is very true.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:05 AM

Do you think Mullen would have lost by 21 to Kentucky with this talent while running for 56 yards and racking up a bajillion penalties?

Who gives a crap about either question. THIS team had a chance to do something special. And we got obliterated by Kentucky. That is deeply, deeply concerning. Period.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:13 AM
Do you think Mullen would have lost by 21 to Kentucky with this talent while running for 56 yards and racking up a bajillion penalties?

Who gives a crap about either question. THIS team had a chance to do something special. And we got obliterated by Kentucky. That is deeply, deeply concerning. Period.

We lost to south Alabama at home. The head coach pulled the starting quarterback after two series. That quarterback will break Tim Tebow’s record this year for the SEC’s most rushing yards. Dan pulled him and we lost.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 12:21 AM

We also probably attempted a lot more rushes last year as well.

Every team has a chance to do something special. I didn't think 1999 would be as special as they were going into that season and I bet a lot of our fans didn't expect 1980 to be as special as it was coming off of a 3-8 season. It seems like "special" happens more often when we least expect it.

Heck we had a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl in 2014 and 2015 and had a chance to get 10 wins last year and Dan screwed it up every time. But according to the guy that started this thread we're IDIOTS for being glad that he's gone.

Commercecomet24
09-23-2018, 12:23 AM

Every team has a chance to do something special. I didn't think 1999 would be as special as they were going into that season and I bet a lot of our fans didn't expect 1980 to be as special as it was coming off of a 3-8 season. It seems like "special" happens more often when we least expect it.

Heck we had a chance to go to the Sugar Bowl in 2014 and 2015 and had a chance to get 10 wins last year and Dan screwed it up every time. But according to the guy that started this thread we're IDIOTS for being glad that he's gone.

Lot of truth in this.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:24 AM
We lost to south Alabama at home. The head coach pulled the starting quarterback after two series. That quarterback will break Tim Tebow’s record this year for the SEC’s most rushing yards. Dan pulled him and we lost.

What. Does. This. Have. To. Do. With. Moorhead. Or. Tonight's. Game???

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:25 AM

Suddenly everyone who was blasting Liverpool is now agreeing with him and can't even see it.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:26 AM

So are you one of the frontrunning fans?

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:30 AM
What. Does. This. Have. To. Do. With. Moorhead. Or. Tonight's. Game???

Who in the hell do you want to compare it to? That was our last coach. Moorhead is 4 games in. This Kentucky team is a good team and we were on the road. Do you want to compare him to saban, meyer, smart? I?m comparing him to the last damn coach we had.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:32 AM
Who in the hell do you want to compare it to? That was our last coach. Moorhead is 4 games in. This Kentucky team is a good team and we were on the road. Do you want to compare him to saban, meyer, smart? I?m comparing him to the last damn coach we had.

I'm not trying to compare it to anything! I'm just saying this team was set up to potentially do big things and just got embarrassingly destroyed, and it's entirely on the coaching staff. That's it.

You were the one laughing about Mullen losing to this same 'good team' a couple weeks ago.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:40 AM
I'm not trying to compare it to anything! I'm just saying this team was set up to potentially do big things and just got embarrassingly destroyed, and it's entirely on the coaching staff. That's it.

You were the one laughing about Mullen losing to this same 'good team' a couple weeks ago.

It has to be compared with something. Are you the one telling us how good we are and how bad Kentucky is? Kentucky is good, we are good, and they just destroyed us at their place. It’s funny to me that mullen lost to Florida against Kentucky at home, and they hadn’t lost to them in so many years and it was in front of a celebration of the 93 championship team which included spurrier. I’m saying we got beat by a good SEC team on the road with a first year coach. Chill the F out. You have to let the season play out.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:44 AM
It has to be compared with something. Are you the one telling us how good we are and how bad Kentucky is? Kentucky is good, we are good, and they just destroyed us at their place. It’s funny to me that mullen lost to Florida against Kentucky at home, and they hadn’t lost to them in so many years and it was in front of a celebration of the 93 championship team which included spurrier. I’m saying we got beat by a good SEC team on the road with a first year coach. Chill the F out. You have to let the season play out.

The entire reason I'm so angry is because this wasn't the kind of year to just 'let it play out'. This was a year where we had the kind of team that could do some special things, some things that don't happen often at Mississippi State. I'm not saying Kentucky is bad. I'm saying they're not nearly as good as we should be. Based on talent. And they didn't just beat us, they manhandled us all game. We looked like Vandy.

And no, you don't have to compare it to anything. It's ok to say 'coaching sucked tonight,' without having to first make sure our previous coach never lost to anybody worse in the previous 9 years. That has no relevance to what happened tonight. None.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 12:49 AM
Suddenly everyone who was blasting Liverpool is now agreeing with him and can't even see it.

If I was agreeing with Liverpool I would have wanted Dan to stay where he would probably screw up yet another potentially "special season"- for the fourth time by my count. But want him to stay because we might screw up the coaching search- so let's keep winning 5-8 and losing the Egg Bowl every year.

He's obviously hoping like hell that Joe flops so that he can tell everyone that he was right about Dan- which long term he won't be. Because even if Joe flops we'll just fire him and hire someone else. Essentially what happened in basketball after we fired Stansbury.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 12:51 AM
The entire reason I'm so angry is because this wasn't the kind of year to just 'let it play out'. This was a year where we had the kind of team that could do some special things, some things that don't happen often at Mississippi State. I'm not saying Kentucky is bad. I'm saying they're not nearly as good as we should be. Based on talent. And they didn't just beat us, they manhandled us all game. We looked like Vandy.

And no, you don't have to compare it to anything. It's ok to say 'coaching sucked tonight,' without having to first make sure our previous coach never lost to anybody worse in the previous 9 years. That has no relevance to what happened tonight. None.

I’ve said 10 times tonight that the coaching reminded me of mullen, that’s bad. Passing on first down, no rushing attempts, it reminded me exactly of what I’ve hated for the past 9 years. What I’m saying is give the guy a chance like you did Mullen. I liked what I saw in the first 3 games, hopefully we go back to that. He is in his 4th game as a head coach in the SEC. We’re going to get popped a little bit, regardless of who thinks this is the “best team ever”.

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 12:54 AM

The thing is we do have to let it play out to an extent. See 1980 MSU losing to USM by actually more than we did tonight but in Starkville on homecoming. And no- I'm not saying that is what will happen this year. But teams do mature and grow as the season goes along- which is something that Joe's offense has a reputation for doing. We'll see which direction this team will go- but I wouldn't be surprised if we get better because of this. It's one reason why going undefeated is so difficult.

smootness
09-23-2018, 12:55 AM
If I was agreeing with Liverpool I would have wanted Dan to stay where he would probably screw up yet another potentially "special season"- for the fourth time by my count. But want him to stay because we might screw up the coaching search- so let's keep winning 5-8 and losing the Egg Bowl every year.

He's obviously hoping like hell that Joe flops so that he can tell everyone that he was right about Dan- which long term he won't be. Because even if Joe flops we'll just fire him and hire someone else. Essentially what happened in basketball after we fired Stansbury.

All he's said recently in regard to Moorhead and this team is 'let's wait and see.' Everyone used that to claim he was anti-Moorhead because he didn't want us to lose Mullen. Now everyone is saying 'eh, we actually weren't as good as people thought, we don't have as much talent, let's wait and see what happens,' and people claim that is now suddenly pro-Moorhead. It's all just an attempt to mitigate the disaster that was this loss to help Moorhead, the exact thing people always got on Liverpool for doing in regard to Mullen.

At least be consistent. A coaching job is good enough or it isn't. Moorhead's coaching job this week - not good enough.

TimberBeast
09-23-2018, 01:06 AM
All he's said recently in regard to Moorhead and this team is 'let's wait and see.' Everyone used that to claim he was anti-Moorhead because he didn't want us to lose Mullen. Now everyone is saying 'eh, we actually weren't as good as people thought, we don't have as much talent, let's wait and see what happens,' and people claim that is now suddenly pro-Moorhead. It's all just an attempt to mitigate the disaster that was this loss to help Moorhead, the exact thing people always got on Liverpool for doing in regard to Mullen.

At least be consistent. A coaching job is good enough or it isn't. Moorhead's coaching job this week - not good enough.

You’ve obviously never seen Liverpool’s posts about Mullen.

Maroonthirteen
09-23-2018, 06:33 AM
Mullen lost to this same Kentucky team at home.

JoMo beats UK at Lexington Last night if Fitz doesn?t over throw a wide open WR by 10 damn yards for a pick. He over threw an open Guidry earlier in the game. That could have been a td. Fitz was a none factor last night. He didn?t run. JoMo can?t throw and run for him. That killed us. Felipe Franks makes those throws.

The penalties and sacks are on JoMo and staff.

The defense played well enough to win for 3.5 quarters, credit the staff for that.

Regardless, if Mullen does or don?t win this game, Mullen dumped us. He wanted out.

Cooterpoot
09-23-2018, 06:54 AM
Screw Mullen. And Joe (no more stuoid jomo) better figure it out quick or we'll say the same about him. We had double or more the talent of KY and got completely out coached. State coaches can't lose to KY, OM, or AR because the rest of the SEC is better.
The fact we are 4 games in and still csnt even get a call in is un damn believable. Joe gets no more excuses. Say what you want about Mullen, the players knew who the coaches were. Im not sure they do now. Not after that undisciplined bullshit I watched ladt night. Dan is going to embarass us.

dawgs
09-23-2018, 09:00 AM
The only fact is its a double standard.

Don't blame Mullen for what we saw tonight. JoMo was handed a top team in this nation. Period. That's NOT up for debate.

This loss is on JoMo.

Who blamed Mullen? I'm just pointing out why many "idiots" were ready for him to go. He was flirting with every shitty P5 opening every year, it hurt our recruiting and it hurt us at the end of the season when he checked out while chasing jobs.

maroonmania
09-23-2018, 09:42 AM

True, but this is the probably the best KY team Stoops has had and for the most part Mullen faced really average to poor KY teams.

Liverpooldawg
09-23-2018, 09:43 AM

I wanted Moorhead once Mullen was gone. I certainly don't want him to fail. I still don't think he will. Smoot ain't talking about me being right about Mullen (the jury is still way, way out on that) He is talking about what I have been saying about THIS team THIS year and what I was saying about the Kentucky game during the week. Despite what I was saying I still thought we would win last night. Where do we go from here? The first thing that has to be fixed is discipline. The next thing is to recognize what Fitz is and not try to make him into something he is not. Do that and we may still be able to be the 8 win team I thought we were. It's going to be tough to get there though, because we lost one of the 8 I thought we would win for sure last night. The thing we have to face up to is this team may not be capable of that. I only see two sure wins left at the moment. If we don't beat Florida then six wins is the absolute ceiling.

DownwardDawg
09-23-2018, 09:59 AM
I’m tickled to death that humpback POS is gone. Moorehead obviously isn’t the answer but Mullins had reach HIS ceiling.

dawgs
09-23-2018, 10:13 AM
I’m tickled to death that humpback POS is gone. Moorehead obviously isn’t the answer but Mullins had reach HIS ceiling.

I don't know that Moorhead "obviously isn't the answer". Keep in mind penn st lost to Michigan 49-10 early in his first season as OC at penn st and they ended up winning the big 10 and many thought they should've made the playoffs. Obviously I'm not expecting us to win the sec and compete for a playoff spot, but I think it's a bit premature to make definitive judgments on Moorhead. I'm pretty 17'ing furious about how we looked yesterday on offense and the dumb penalties all night long, but I'm just not making any type of definitive judgment yet.

ShotgunDawg
09-23-2018, 10:17 AM

I wish we still had a POS as our coach.

Players respond to those types.

mstatefan91
09-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Mullen gone of his own free will. This has nothing to do with that yankee bastard. Has everything to do with our current yankee

dawgs
09-23-2018, 10:41 AM
I wish we still had a POS as our coach.

Players respond to those types.

I didn't respond to those types when I played sports through high school and I don't respond to those types in a professional environment either. Start being a piece of shit to me and I'll shut down and tune you out. Work with me to fix what i did wrong and treat me like a human being and I'll work my ass off to get it right.

We looked like shit yesterday, including Moorhead's coaching, but this idea that he has to be an asshole and screaming in order to get guys to play better is dumb. No amount of yelling is gonna turn fitz into a more accurate passer or improve our receivers hands on the catchable balls they dropped. It's not gonna make a lineman pick up his block. Maybe it has an effect on some personal foul penalties, but yelling at a guy for false starts likely gets in his head even more, increasing the chances of more false starts (or missed blocks because he's too focused on the false starts). Fear of being yelled isn't respect or coaching players up.

IMissJack
09-23-2018, 12:18 PM

Most never wanted him fired. He left us!

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 12:26 PM
I didn't respond to those types when I played sports through high school and I don't respond to those types in a professional environment either. Start being a piece of shit to me and I'll shut down and tune you out. Work with me to fix what i did wrong and treat me like a human being and I'll work my ass off to get it right.

We looked like shit yesterday, including Moorhead's coaching, but this idea that he has to be an asshole and screaming in order to get guys to play better is dumb. No amount of yelling is gonna turn fitz into a more accurate passer or improve our receivers hands on the catchable balls they dropped. It's not gonna make a lineman pick up his block. Maybe it has an effect on some personal foul penalties, but yelling at a guy for false starts likely gets in his head even more, increasing the chances of more false starts (or missed blocks because he's too focused on the false starts). Fear of being yelled isn't respect or coaching players up.

If our coach yells we have fans that complain about our coach being an asshole. If our coach is calm and grounded he doesn't yell enough for our fans. It is what it is.

shoeless joe
09-23-2018, 12:28 PM

Then your ass should be on the bench or get fired. The job of a boss or a coach is to get results...ur feelings be damned. This is as ***** a post as I've ever seen.

BBN
09-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Yes he has, he did two weeks ago at a school who beat Kentucky 31 straight times until he arrived. They even won with Muschamp.

BBN
09-23-2018, 12:37 PM
A top team? 14th ranked is not a top team. It?s a good solid team. There was 13th ranked VT getting beaten by Old Dominion? Oklahoma struggled with Army, there is Alabama and Georgia and then everyone else. UK O line averages 315. They are no slouches.

TALL DAWG
09-23-2018, 06:54 PM
A top team? 14th ranked is not a top team. It?s a good solid team. There was 13th ranked VT getting beaten by Old Dominion? Oklahoma struggled with Army, there is Alabama and Georgia and then everyone else. UK O line averages 315. They are no slouches.

U nailed it.

And, I guess VT will Fire their coach tomorrow over losing by 14 pts to a 0-3 Old Dominon team??
We lose to a decent 3-0 sec team on road (UKs best team in decades) in a steady rain and we need to swap QBs and fire the coach? Well ok then.

Now, granted, we should have ran the ball 20+ more times and our players had several mometeum killing penalities but need to pump the brakes a bit. Got to clean a lot of stuff up.

Bass Chaser
09-23-2018, 09:12 PM
Then your ass should be on the bench or get fired. The job of a boss or a coach is to get results...ur feelings be damned. This is as ***** a post as I've ever seen.

If this is your approach in the workplace then you are a liability.

TrapGame
09-23-2018, 09:21 PM
U nailed it.

And, I guess VT will Fire their coach tomorrow over losing by 14 pts to a 0-3 Old Dominon team??
We lose to a decent 3-0 sec team on road (UKs best team in decades) in a steady rain and we need to swap QBs and fire the coach? Well ok then.

Now, granted, we should have ran the ball 20+ more times and our players had several mometeum killing penalities but need to pump the brakes a bit. Got to clean a lot of stuff up.

Stop being rational! We are in full freak out mode!**

Jack Lambert
09-23-2018, 09:33 PM

Never been a boss hum? I was a Sargent int the Marine Corp, Supervisor for Tyson foods and a sales manager. You are wrong. You don't have to yell at people to get them to do their job.

jackindabox
09-23-2018, 09:49 PM
i hope you come back next week and make the same argument after state beats mullen and the gators. Then again on two weeks when mullen starts 3-3. Then again at the end of the year when florida is 6-6 and state is 9-3. But probabally you will just over react this one time when faced with a little adversity and wont stick to your beliefs about mullen when thet dont make sense.

shoeless joe
09-23-2018, 09:58 PM
Never been a boss hum? I was a Sargent int the Marine Corp, Supervisor for Tyson foods and a sales manager. You are wrong. You don't have to yell at people to get them to do their job.

I agree...yelling and berating isn't the best way to go about everyday life...but sometimes it's needed depending on the situation. Pretty obvious the situation this football team is in.

But to say that if someone DOES yell and get on your ass that you will just sull up and quit?!!!? That's horse shit...and unfortunately all too common.

The folks that play for me/learn from me understand a couple things 1) I'm not their to be their friend but respect will be shown both ways 2) I set the expectations and meeting them is non negotiable 3) discipline will be maintained no matter the outside stimuli

So to answer your first question I have tons of experience leading young people that are very similar in age and backgrounds to the individuals suiting up for us on saturdays...in fact several of them are playing for jomo now. I'm not personally a yeller and a screamer but One can still be stern without all that.

And I still stand by my original response to that post...it's the most ***** of a post I've seen on here.

I seen it dawg
09-23-2018, 10:40 PM
So are you one of the frontrunning fans?

No. I'm gonna see how we respond before firing everyone and benching everyone. I'll be there Saturday

Todd4State
09-23-2018, 10:43 PM
Most never wanted him fired. He left us!

The funny thing is the Mullen fans insisted that the rumors were always false.

yjnkdawg
09-23-2018, 10:50 PM

Yeah we were , because Mullen planned on being here for a few years and moving on. You should ask a former MSU assistant coach, who decided to not take Mullen's offer to be on his staff here.

shannondawg
09-24-2018, 09:04 AM
Those same idiots are wanting to fire Moorhead after one loss!

Cooterpoot
09-24-2018, 09:08 AM
Who wanted Mullen fired? We just wanted him to coach a full damn season and not give up at AL every year while he's hunting jobs. Had he handled his coaching business at the end of the seasons, we'd all have been upset he left. Most were a little disappointed anyway. The negative talk comes because he tried to take recruits with him and he refused to adjust his staff of friends (Gonzalez was horrible).

msstate7
09-24-2018, 09:10 AM
Who wanted Mullen fired? We just wanted him to coach a full damn season and not give up at AL every year while he's hunting jobs. Had he handled his coaching business at the end of the seasons, we'd all have been upset he left. Most were a little disappointed anyway. The negative talk comes because he tried to take recruits with him and he refused to adjust his staff of friends (Gonzalez was horrible).

As bad as gonzo was, I think even he would recognize eiland needed help. Maybe rain was in joe's eyes

Cooterpoot
09-24-2018, 09:12 AM
As bad as gonzo was, I think even he would recognize eiland needed help. Maybe rain was in joe's eyes

Yeah, I don't disagree. But our WRs, while limited talent wise, look better this year to me. They're getting open more.

msstate7
09-24-2018, 09:15 AM
Yeah, I don't disagree. But our WRs, while limited talent wise, look better this year to me. They're getting open more.

I'm not taking up for gonzo. I think we really upgraded wr coach. Now HC and oline, not sure about that at all