PDA

View Full Version : Minshew

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Dude is ballin right now on ESPN.

Incredibly accurate with touch and super pocket presence.

I don't think he's quite good enough of an athlete to fit our offense, but I was thinking:

Is Minshew the best QB that Mississippi has produced in 20 years?

Tyler Russell maybe, but, while watching Minshew right now, I'm not sure if Minshew isn't better than Russell.

I know I'm missing someone else but I can't think of them. Fant maybe

Bully13
09-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Is this a "what coulda be" thread? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Walter Peyton, Jerry Rice, Brett Favre, Air McNair,

Willy Lump Lump
09-21-2018, 10:56 PM
Jason Campbell

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 10:58 PM
20 years fellas. That means they had to be in high school in 1998

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 10:58 PM
Jason Campbell

Correct answer

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:00 PM
Btw, shame on Tennessee for not hiring Leach.

If Leach were coaching Tennessee tomorrow, they are 5-7 point favorites over Florida.

What a buncha dumbasses in Knoxville.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:01 PM

I don't think he's quite good enough of an athlete to fit our offense, but I was thinking:

Tyler Russell maybe, but, while watching Minshew right now, I'm not sure if Minshew isn't better than Russell.

He is ballin, but my second team, USC, absolutely sucks this year. I think Helton is done. I was never sold on him anyway.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:10 PM
He is ballin, but my second team, USC, absolutely sucks this year. I think Helton is done. I was never sold on him anyway.

Who should USC hire?

Wolken just tweeted that there aren’t any obvious candidates.

Offer Bob Stoops a mansion in Malibu?

Gundy?

Commercecomet24
09-21-2018, 11:15 PM
Who should USC hire?

Gundy?

Mullen to usc****

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:16 PM
Mullen to usc****

Maybe. Honestly he’d fit there and may leave Florida with the rebuild ahead and UGA’s situation

What USC has to do is get away from the Pete Carroll and NFL coaching tree and go out and hire an offensive coach that knows how to get players in space.

Feels like USC has been so stubborn that they are 10 years behind the top programs offensively.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:24 PM
Who should USC hire?

Gundy?

No idea. Woken is correct there is no obvious guy out there. Kiffen and Sark were the guys. Kiffen didn't cut it, and Sark was a drunk. SC is kind of looking like the post-Robinson/McKay era right now. The NCAA actually DID hammer SC. They still haven't recovered. Losing Pete was the big thing, even with the major scholarship losses. I think that may be the NCAA objective from now on in major cases, forcing the head coach out. I think that's why they went with what we think is light on UM. The target was already gone from the scene of the crime.

Commercecomet24
09-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Maybe. Honestly he’d fit there and may leave Florida with the rebuild ahead and UGA’s situation

What USC has to do is get away from the Pete Carroll and NFL coaching tree and go out and hire an offensive coach that knows how to get players in space.

Feels like USC has been so stubborn that they are 10 years behind the top programs offensively.

They definitely need a remodel on their offense. It's looking old.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:33 PM
No idea. Woken is correct there is no obvious guy out there. Kiffen and Sark were the guys. Kiffen didn't cut it, and Sark was a drunk. SC is kind of looking like the post-Robinson/McKay era right now. The NCAA actually DID hammer SC. They still haven't recovered. Losing Pete was the big thing, even with the major scholarship losses. I think that may be the NCAA objective from now on in major cases, forcing the head coach out. I think that's why they went with what we think is light on UM. The target was already gone from the scene of the crime.

To add....I think it needs to be a West Coast guy, preferably with SoCal connections. It doesn't have to be a SC guy. A guy with roots in the SoCal high school culture who is a RPO guy would be my choice. Who that guy is, I don't know. Y'all are right about the offense. SoCal produces a TON of talent. Nearly every team West of central Texas and the Great Plains is loaded with SOCal guys.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:38 PM
To add....I think it needs to be a West Coast guy, preferably with SoCal connections. It doesn't have to be a SC guy. A guy with roots in the SoCal high school culture who is a RPO guy would be my choice. Who that guy is, I don't know. Y'all are right about the offense. SoCal produces a TON of talent. Nearly every team West of central Texas and the Great Plains is loaded with SOCal guys.

I disagree. Blue bloods should never hire “recruiters”. When is the last time someone said a blue blood didn’t have enough talent?

USC should go out and hire the very best offensive football coach possible. I would say the same about LSU, FSU, TX, Tennessee, etc.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:42 PM
Wazzou may be close to running USC out of the building.

Again, how did Tennessee hire Jeremy Pruitt over Leach? Absurd.

Great programs have great COACHES that can also recruit. They don’t have great RECRUITERS that can also coach a little.

Coaching has to come 1st!

Todd4State
09-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Mullen to usc****

That would make him Florida's Lane Kiffen. Which would be great.

Todd4State
09-21-2018, 11:46 PM

I'd do what they did when they hired Carroll- bring in a NFL guy. Jon Gruden would have been perfect. Too late on Herm Edwards too. Someone decent will be fired at the end of the year that they can pick up on.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:49 PM
I disagree. Blue bloods should never hire “recruiters”. When is the last time someone said a blue blood didn’t have enough talent?

USC should go out and hire the very best offensive football coach possible. I would say the same about LSU, FSU, TX, Tennessee, etc.

I'm not talking necessarily talking about a recruiter. Just someone with roots there. The thing about SC is they are a wealthy private school, but they probabaly can't/won't match the Alabama/Texas/Ohio States of the world money wise. It's not as easy a place to win as many think. Now if they build a fence around SoCal where they control the gates then they are automatically a Top 10 team. That's what Pete did. There weren't many there that they wanted that got away from him.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:50 PM
What about a rehire of Kiffin?

I actually think he’s grown enough that he may get it done there now.

Food for thought.

Dawg61
09-21-2018, 11:51 PM
I'd do what they did when they hired Carroll- bring in a NFL guy. Jon Gruden would have been perfect. Too late on Herm Edwards too. Someone decent will be fired at the end of the year that they can pick up on.

Maybe Mike Tomlin. Lot of drama in Pittsburgh right now.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:53 PM

Great programs have great COACHES that can also recruit. They don’t have great RECRUITERS that can also coach a little.

Leach is a gimmick guy. He would basically be a flash in the pan down here, the same as he has been every where else. Now how UT wound up with Pruitt is a bit mind blowing.

ShotgunDawg
Maybe Mike Tomlin. Lot of drama in Pittsburgh right now.

I don’t get why USC wants and continues to go after NFL guys. Why?

Liverpooldawg
What about a rehire of Kiffin?

I actually think he’s grown enough that he may get it done there now.

Food for thought.

Ugh, no. They had enough of the GOAT Boy.

ShotgunDawg
Leach is a gimmick guy. He would basically be a flash in the pan down here, the same as he has been every where else. Now how UT wound up with Pruitt is a bit mind blowing.

I disagree. Leach has been winning for an awful long time.

Dawg61
09-21-2018, 11:54 PM

They fired Curry after he interviewed Leach. Tennessee has a couple big chiefs that want to make the decisions. Haslam, Fulmer and Peyton.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:55 PM
Maybe Urban wants out of Ohio State

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:55 PM
I disagree. Leach has been winning for an awful long time.

What exactly has he won?

Dawg61
09-21-2018, 11:56 PM
Harbaugh is another name I could see at USC. Michigan is getting tired of him. Harbaugh was elite with Stanford & the 49ers. He's got California ties.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:57 PM
What exactly has he won?

A lot of games at historically bad programs.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:57 PM

Yeah, he would go over real well in SoCal right now. Ohio Sate ain't letting him get away anyway so it's a moot point.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:58 PM
Harbaugh is another name I could see at USC. Michigan is getting tired of him. Harbaugh was elite with Stanford & the 49ers. He's got California ties.

Now that could be something there.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:58 PM
LES MILES!!!!!

Honestly, with the talent he could recruit at USC and the style of play in that conference, Les may win big.

Liverpooldawg
09-21-2018, 11:59 PM
A lot of games at historically bad programs.

But what has he won besides that? His teams would resemble what Ole Miss is now in the SEC.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Now that could be something there.

Eh. I don’t see it. Harbaugh’s next move is back to the NFL

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:00 AM
LES MILES!!!!!

Honestly, with the talent he could recruit at USC and the style of play in that conference, Les may win big.

Nope. SC teams that win have great quarterbacks.

ShotgunDawg
But what has he won besides that? His teams would resemble what Ole Miss is now in the SEC.

No they don’t. Wazzou plays way better defense than Ole Miss

What did Dan Mullen win at MSU? leach hasn’t coached at a school that has the resources to win championships.

Liverpooldawg
Eh. I don’t see it. Harbaugh’s next move is back to the NFL

Probabaly so.

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:02 AM
LES MILES!!!!!

He does want to get into Hollywood. Miles has the perception of being dumb though. I don't think USC would even consider him but I agree he'd win.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Nope. SC teams that win have great quarterbacks.

Then you’ve got to go recruit dual threat QBs that can beat teams multiple ways.

Even Saban does that now.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:03 AM
I just want someone to scoop up the Troy coach before Ole Miss can hire him.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:04 AM
How about Josh McDaniels?

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:05 AM
No they don’t. Wazzou plays way better defense than Ole Miss

What did Dan Mullen win at MSU? leach hasn’t coached at a school that has the resources to win championships.

Leach would be exactly what he is in PAC in the SEC, except a bit worse.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Then you’ve got to go recruit dual threat QBs that can beat teams multiple ways.

Even Saban does that now.

Yep

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:07 AM
The real loss about Leach not going to Tennessee is we all missed out on the Pirate leading the Vol Navy. The Goonies pirate ship would of been a real thing docked out front of Neyland every game. 20,000 drunk Vol pirates would of been a never ending shitshow of entertainment. Such a shame the hillbillies in charge didn't let it happen.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:08 AM
It feels like a fix is in against Wazzou

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:09 AM

He backed outta the Colts job because he didn't want to move his family.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:12 AM

They could do worse, but I don't think he has any West Coast connections at all.

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 12:12 AM

As a Pats fan I can tell you Josh ain't leaving the NFL. He will be the next coach of the Pats when B.B. retires in a few.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:14 AM
The real loss about Leach not going to Tennessee is we all missed out on the Pirate leading the Vol Navy. The Goonies pirate ship would of been a real thing docked out front of Neyland every game. 20,000 drunk Vol pirates would of been a never ending shitshow of entertainment. Such a shame the hillbillies in charge didn't let it happen.

Now that would have been fun, no doubt about it.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:16 AM
They could do worse, but I don't think he has any West Coast connections at all.

West coast connections would be last on my list of priorities.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:17 AM
Jason Garrett?

TUSK
JMO, but I believe The Pirate (I love him, FYI) would get his ass sssssssssmoked in the SEC & vs the "SEC-like" teams in the ACC/B1G....

Mike needs to stay on the left coast where they are ultra-inclusive of everyone (unless you dig contact)...

Tennessee has been a cluster17 since Joey Freshwater sold em down the river.... and now that Phat Phil has fired the Coach, AD, Chancellor, etc and has "his guy", I think they phuct...

Commercecomet24

Now that would've been awesome! I'm afraid those people would've never understood a word he said. He's a deep dude with complex humor. Those people would've had the "duh" look on their face all the time lol.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-22-2018, 12:18 AM
Bless you*

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:20 AM
West coast connections would be last on my list of priorities.

It wouldn't be first on mine, but it would help.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:20 AM
17ing Minshew
this is a great game

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:23 AM
Minshew is gonna go from being Bama’s 3rd stringer to having a 5 year NFL career as a 3rd stringer.

Like that cat from USM a few years ago

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:24 AM
17ing Minshew
this is a great game

Not to me. I like good defense. Neither team has one.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Damn Minshew

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:25 AM
Not to me. I like good defense. Neither team has one.

True.

It’s a fun game

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 12:26 AM
These teams doing their best unm defense impersonation

TUSK
Minshew is gonna go from being Bama’s 3rd stringer to having a 5 year NFL career as a 3rd stringer.

LOL.... good memory... I hate we missed out on both of those cats...

TimberBeast
They just went for 4th and 1 down 1 point at the 5. In the SEC that gets you beaten and fired. If anyone in the SEC hires leach I hope it’s a west team so we get a guaranteed win every season. Minshew looks good but leach is a joke.

Liverpooldawg
These teams doing their best unm defense impersonation

Yep

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:28 AM
LOL.... good memory... I hate we missed out on both of those cats...

Nah. They are smart and have feel for the passing game but really don’t fit the athleticism mold you need in the SEC. McElroy would’ve been similar but that was kind of a different era.

Liverpooldawg
They just went for 4th and 1 down 1 point at the 5. In the SEC that gets you beaten and fired. If anyone in the SEC hires leach I hope it’s a west team so we get a guaranteed win every season. Minshew looks good but leach is a joke.

Leach needs to stay west of the Mississippi. It works well enough there to win more than he loses, he does NOT want to co e east.

Commercecomet24

Austin Davis. Him and his brother Bo were both big MSU fans and would've come in a heart beat. His brother was a good baseball player at usm.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:29 AM

Yep

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:29 AM
Austin Davis. Him and his brother Bo were both big MSU fans and would've come in a heart beat. His brother was a good baseball player at usm.

Yup. Minshew 2.0

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:30 AM
Guys... I'm dog shit hammered...

what channel? I'm stuck on YT-Skynyrd... Hep a neck!

ack.... espn?

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:31 AM
Pretty sure Wazzou just rushed 1 guy

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:31 AM
Minshew is impressive in the pocket. Reminds me of Garrapolo and Brady a little how he just calmly stands there almost totally still for a second while going through his reads.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:32 AM
Guys... I'm dog shit hammered...

what channel? I'm stuck on YT-Skynrd... Hep a neck!

Espin

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 12:32 AM
This is a fun game. I like watching the pac12 and big 12 games cause they're so different than sec. They truly do play basketball on grass lol. Maybe usc can hire freeze? I'm just kidding Liver!

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:33 AM
Espin

thnx buddy

Pit Bull
09-22-2018, 12:33 AM
This USC freshman QB doesn't look bad at all. And they have made some miraculous catches tonight. Pretty good set of WRs.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:34 AM
Here is a stat for you about SC: They had negative rushing yards last week against TEXAS. Let that sink in. They had negative rushing yards against a Big 12 defense. Lyndale White , Reggie Bush, Charles White, OJ, and Anthony Davis were a long time ago.

ShotgunDawg
Minshew is impressive in the pocket. Reminds me of Garrapolo and Brady a little how he just calmly stands there almost totally still for a second while going through his reads.

No doubt. It’s impressive and hard to find. Some nfl team will bring him to camp.

Guys like Minshew are so fundamentally sound that, if all went to hell with injuries for an NFL team, he would be smart enough and skilled enough to give you a shot.

Liverpooldawg
This is a fun game. I like watching the pac12 and big 12 games cause they're so different than sec. They truly do play basketball on grass lol. Maybe usc can hire freeze? I'm just kidding Liver!

He would go over less well than Urban out there,

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 12:35 AM

It’s exactly why I don’t enjoy watching them. And neither should have a team in the “playoffs”.

ShotgunDawg

Freeze in LA would be ugh interesting...

TUSK
Ok, Ok....

Did yall see where the Bammer/Mississippi game got moved to ESPNNews the other day?

Can I get a refund?

Commercecomet24
Whoever gets a stop on d wins this one

ShotgunDawg
USC just got their 100th PI penalty on the night.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:36 AM
This USC freshman QB doesn't look bad at all. And they have made some miraculous catches tonight. Pretty good set of WRs.

Yeah, the frosh looks good. They need to find a running back and some pale imitation of a defense.

Liverpooldawg
USC just got their 100th PI penalty on the night.

Yep, but almost all of them were legit.....Mike Leach defense,

ShotgunDawg
Ok, Ok....

Did yall see where the Bammer/Mississippi game got moved to ESPNNews the other day?

Can I get a refund?

Were you the idiot Bama fan that called into Finebaum to complain about that?

The entitlement in that call was pungent

Commercecomet24
09-22-2018, 12:37 AM
Freeze in LA would be ugh interesting...

I'm sure the gross annual revenue in the prostitution industry will go up exponentially lol

TUSK
Here is a stat for you about SC: They had negative rushing yards last week against TEXAS. Let that sink in. They had negative rushing yards against a Big 12 defense. Lyndale White , Reggie Bush, Charles White, OJ, and Anthony Davis were a long time ago.

https://pics.me.me/let-that-sink-in-for-a-moment-8528944.png

Liverpooldawg
Whoever gets a stop on d wins this one

Yep

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:39 AM
Were you the idiot Bama fan that called into Finebaum to complain about that?

The entitlement in that call was pungent

I heard that asshole... "Jim from Tuscaloosa".... He is all that's bad about Bammers...

Hell, at least Harvey Dyke was committed... jeesh....

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:40 AM
WSU kicker made a 50 yarder in the 1st half. This game might come down to him.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:42 AM
Timber made a good point earlier... RE: Playoffs....

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:43 AM
Worst throw of the night by Minshew

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:45 AM
Well SC got the stop. Now can the get a TD. If they don't then they get beat.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:46 AM

Hey, 'Gun, that cat Minshew.... His daddy was Flint... Leake Academy late 80s, yes????

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:46 AM

Didn't see the defender. Woulda been 6 points if he saw him.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Three and out.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:47 AM
Hey, 'Gun, that cat Minshew.... His daddy was Flint... Leake Academy late 80s, yes????

No clue. He’s Garner Minshew the 3rd. So wouldn’t that mean his diddy was Garner Minshew JR?

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:48 AM
MDL broke SC. Forever, it seems.

sigh

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:49 AM
It’s 1:00 AM. Did I just see Leach snap the ball sideways?

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:50 AM
No clue. He’s Garner Minshew the 3rd. So wouldn’t that mean his diddy was Garner Minshew JR?

Man, I dunno... I think he had a connection from MS...

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:51 AM
17ing Minshew

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:51 AM
It’s 1:00 AM. Did I just see Leach snap the ball sideways?

Yes, illegally

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 12:52 AM
Washington State is fun to watch

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:52 AM
Minshew is lucky that wasn't game over there.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 12:53 AM
Minshew would easily be Bammers #2 QB this year based on the last and only 10 minutes I've seen of him...

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:54 AM
That’s a catch

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 12:56 AM
That’s a catch

That “catch” is why I think any eligble receivers should not be allowed to wear gloves.

Liverpooldawg
Minshew would easily be Bammers #2 QB this year based on the last and only 10 minutes I've seen of him...

I wouldn't set too much store by what he is doing against my Trojans. The aren't that good.

ShotgunDawg
If USC had either a Simmons or Sweat, this game is a blowout.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 12:58 AM
I had some money on Wazzou +4. So I’m good with this.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 12:58 AM
FIGHT ON!

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't set too much store by what he is doing against my Trojans. The aren't that good.

I wasn't kickin your men of Troy.. I was kickin Jalen's passin', buddy..

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 01:01 AM

Agreed, they don’t look too good.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 01:02 AM
Typical Leach game and team, game over.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 01:03 AM
I wasn't kickin your men of Troy.. I was kickin Jalen's passin', buddy..

If either of these teams had Hurts, this game isn't close.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 01:03 AM
Whoop De Woo!!!!

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 01:04 AM
I remember watching minshew play a game against meridian high when he was a junior (I think), and I knew mullen wouldn’t recruit him but I was impressed.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:04 AM
If either of these teams had Hurts, this game isn't close.

I only saw the 4th... Minshew was better than JH, IMO.... Can't comment on USC's QB....

edit: Passing

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 01:05 AM

Exactly, same thing, different year. Leach please come to the sec West.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:06 AM
Yep, that's Flint's boy.... His daddy was/is a big man....

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 01:07 AM
I remember watching minshew play a game against meridian high when he was a junior (I think), and I knew mullen wouldn’t recruit him but I was impressed.

Why would Mullen have recruited him? He wouldn't even be close to fitting his offense. Mullen HAS to have a QB capable of a power running game.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 01:08 AM
I only saw the 4th... Minshew was better than JH, IMO.... Can't comment on USC's QB....

edit: Passing

Hurts would have blown that game wide open.

Todd4State
09-22-2018, 01:09 AM
Why would Mullen have recruited him? He wouldn't even be close to fitting his offense. Mullen HAS to have a QB capable of a power running game.

That's one thing I didn't like about Mullen.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:12 AM
Hurts would have blown that game wide open.

some open running lanes, I take it???

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 01:20 AM

I know that’s what I’m saying, I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but he was good. He absolutely didn’t fit Mullen’s offense but he had an arm.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:24 AM
I know that’s what I’m saying, I knew it wasn’t going to happen, but he was good. He absolutely didn’t fit Mullen’s offense but he had an arm.

I was impressed.... dude was spinnin' it....

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 01:32 AM

Lol yea taking the Pac-12's historically worst program into USC whose arguably the 2nd best football program ever and taking them to the wire. It does sound like a typical Leach team.

TimberBeast
09-22-2018, 01:38 AM
Lol yea taking the Pac-12's historically worst program into USC whose arguably the 2nd best football program ever and taking them to the wire. It does sound like a typical Leach team.

The point is that they could have won but leach is not a good coach. He’s the les miles of the western US.

TUSK
09-22-2018, 01:39 AM

I get your point, buddy, but USC is still recovering from the beatdown and Leach will be a Bride's Maid, fo-evah.... regardless of conference.

and I dig that cat.

Dawgfan77
09-22-2018, 06:55 AM
Yep, that's Flint's boy.... His daddy was/is a big man....

Still is. I grew up in Leake County and always thought the world of Flint and his family. His daughters are good athletes as well. His youngest is MS Gatorade player of the year in Volleyball and is going to state next year

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 07:46 AM
That's one thing I didn't like about Mullen.

What don't you like?

Minshew is great, but in no way, shape, or form fit Mullen's offense.

Just be happy that LSU settled on Burrow because he went to Ohio State rather than a far better player like Minshew.

LSU with a QB like Minshew that will stand in the pocket and knows how to distribute, would've been a threat to Bama.

Lord McBuckethead
09-22-2018, 07:49 AM

Heard he was starting to have chest issues again.**

Cooterpoot
09-22-2018, 07:56 AM
Let’s not get crazy. He’s a good player but he’s not an all American. He’s a system QB and Leache’s system is a good fit for him. He was offered 3rd string at AL this year.

NCDawg
09-22-2018, 08:45 AM
What don't you like?

Minshew is great, but in no way, shape, or form fit Mullen's offense.

Just be happy that LSU settled on Burrow because he went to Ohio State rather than a far better player like Minshew.

LSU with a QB like Minshew that will stand in the pocket and knows how to distribute, would've been a threat to Bama.

I think you're correct about this. I was impressed how Minshew stood in the pocket, did not get rattled, and was very accurate throwing the ball. He would have been great for a team like LSU. I didn't understand Leach's call on 3rd down with time running out and running the ball to set up the FG try, which was blocked. Looked like he was playing for OT instead of trying to win the game.

Bully13
09-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Not Leach's fault, it was those fat little girlfriends 17ing things up again. Kicker will have to go sit in the tool shed in the summer heat.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Minshew will be the overall 1st pick and 1st ballot HOF if this thread goes another page or 2

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Mullen to usc****

While I personally wouldn't want to live in LA, that should be the dream job for Mullen. And I thought that before he took FL job. Their expectations ain't what FL fans are, yet you can win Natty's there easier than in FL. Pac 12 schedule and USC can own CA in recruiting if it so chooses. The tradition with USC is top 5 or so too.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:26 AM
If usc job offers this season, just take chip Kelly from UCLA. Easy

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 09:27 AM
Left guard totally whiffed on his man and fell down during the kick. He pulled a Billy Bob.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:35 AM
If usc job opens, I'd interview these guys first...
1. Chip kelly (try anyway)
2. Ryan day... gonna be a stud HC
3. Josh Heupel
4. Pj fleck
5. James franklin (try)

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:42 AM
If usc job opens, I'd interview these guys first...
1. Chip kelly (try anyway)
2. Ryan day... gonna be a stud HC
3. Josh Heupel
4. Pj fleck
5. James franklin (try)

What about Neal Brown at Troy?

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Minshew will be the overall 1st pick and 1st ballot HOF if this thread goes another page or 2

Let's not get carried away here. Minshew is no Baker Mayfield beating a shitty Jets team.

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:44 AM
What about Neal Brown at Troy?

I like em. Not sure he'd be on usc's radar. He should be on ours if Moorhead moves on in the next couple seasons

msstate7
09-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Let's not get carried away here. Minshew is no Baker Mayfield beating a shitty Jets team.

You're right... minshew couldn't bring a browns team back from a double digit lead in barely over 2 quarters

dawgday166
09-22-2018, 09:48 AM
I like em. Not sure he'd be on usc's radar. He should be on ours if Moorhead moves on in the next couple seasons

True. Thought about that after I posted that USC would probably go for a bigger name.

Bully13
09-22-2018, 09:49 AM

Damn 7. Dude hasn't even completed his 4th game with us yet. Damn.

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 10:00 AM
You're right... minshew couldn't bring a browns team back from a double digit lead in barely over 2 quarters

Never underestimate the Jets shittiness

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:15 AM
Never underestimate the Jets shittiness

True, but browns have been worse, much worse the last few years

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:18 AM

USC is NOT a good football team this year. That coming from me the Trojan fan. Negative rushing yards against TEXAS is all you need to know agout how good they are.

Dawg61
09-22-2018, 10:18 AM
True, but browns have been worse, much worse the last few years

For sure. Dorsey has done a good job in his first year.

Liverpooldawg
09-22-2018, 10:19 AM
some open running lanes, I take it???

Yep, but neither team can run it that well.

ShotgunDawg
09-22-2018, 10:25 AM

I think we are good with Moorhead so long as Franklin and Kelly keep winning. He doesn't strike me as the type that's looking at MSU as a stepping stone.

The other outside options that could cause an issue with Moorhead are the NFL, due to the success of the RPO there, and West Virginia should it open because it's close to Pittsburgh

msstate7
09-22-2018, 10:29 AM
I think we are good with Moorhead so long as Franklin and Kelly keep winning. He doesn't strike me as the type that's looking at MSU as a stepping stone.

The other outside options that could cause an issue with Moorhead are the NFL, due to the success of the RPO there, and West Virginia should it open because it's close to Pittsburgh

Or the blue blood the pirate played last night. After we kill it this year, Moorhead will be mentioned early and often for many jobs. Not saying he'll leave, but the media will say he is

BuckyIsAB****
09-22-2018, 01:09 PM

I promise you a lot of schools in MS regret not offering him