PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup Starts Next Friday in Paris. Furyk picks DeChambeau, Michelson & Woods

Bully13
09-21-2018, 08:11 AM
as his 3 "wild card" spots to complete our team.

DeChamp has been on fire of late and I was fine with that pick. His swing is automatic and machine like. Michelson and Woods are not as good as they were in their prime but maybe Furyk went on his gut and their experience.

And now this morning I'm seeing Tiger tied for the lead in Atlanta. Tiger never performed well for the U.S.A. in his prime. I'm hoping his attitude has changed for the better regarding this event and I've got a gut feeling it has.

What's y'all's take on Furyk's 3 picks? Maybe Michelson was his one poor choice? We haven't won over there in a LONG time.

https://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/2018-ryder-cup-ultimate-viewers-guide

smootness
09-21-2018, 08:19 AM
They're all pretty no-brainer picks. DeChambeau and Tiger are obvious. Mickelson loves the event and will bring some fire. They're also 9-11 in the standings.

louisvilledawg
09-21-2018, 08:41 AM
Tony Finau was also a captain's pick I believe. Dude is gonna have like 8 birdies a round haha.

I'm not a fan of the Mickelson pick, but I guess Furyk is just banking on Phil coming through in the clutch based on prior Ryder Cup experience. It's like his 11th Ryder Cup or something crazy like that.

Coursesuper
09-21-2018, 09:10 AM
I think the pics are solid, I might have gone with a younger guy in one of the spots but its still a very strong team. The real deal is pairings and match ups in the event. The Euro team is very strong its going to be a tussle on a very very quirky golf course. The course will take the driver right out of your hand on a lot of the holes. It really plays into the Euros hands.

Dawg61
09-21-2018, 09:36 AM
All 3 picks are no brainers. Love them actually. USA is gonna smoke these fools this time.

RocketDawg
09-21-2018, 05:07 PM
DeChambeau had a rough time today. Maybe he's worried about being in the Ryder Cup.

Bully13
09-21-2018, 05:12 PM
DeChambeau had a rough time today. Maybe he's worried about being in the Ryder Cup.

Neither he nor Phil is doing great this tourney. Phil's tied for 25th and DeChambeau's tied for 27th.

Tiger's in 2nd. Scratch that. 18's a par 5. He and Rose head to Saturday tied for the lead.

RocketDawg
09-21-2018, 07:21 PM
Neither he nor Phil is doing great this tourney. Phil's tied for 25th and DeChambeau's tied for 27th.

Tiger's in 2nd. Scratch that. 18's a par 5. He and Rose head to Saturday tied for the lead.

Gonna have to record it and watch Sunday morning ... too much football on tomorrow to watch golf.