PDA

View Full Version : Does Fitz break the rushing record this weekend?

Todd4State
09-20-2018, 10:27 PM
He's only 196 yards shy. It would take a monster game- but we've had some pretty epic rushing performances against UK historically speaking.

msstate7
09-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Gonna say vs Florida. Probably 100-125 this week

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Feed him until he gets 195. Mullen needs to see him break it.

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2018, 10:45 PM
Check that. I thought last week he could have given it to Hill a couple times for walk in scores. Hope he saves the hits and let Atrain and Hill get 3 TDs each. Save the yards for FL. Hope he gets about 135 in this game and gets to bust a big one for the record.

Commercecomet24
09-20-2018, 10:45 PM
I wanna see him break it at home. Against uf be icing on the cake!

BrunswickDawg
09-21-2018, 07:41 AM
I hope it is against UF and Dan and I hope Tebow is covering the game.
Oh - and I want to see a KT to Fitz TD pass against UF to run up the score.

Some other Fitz rushing milestones coming up -
Fitz only needs 69 yards to pass Walter Packer (2,820) for #3 on our all-time rushing yards this weekend.

He needs 4 rushing touchdowns to tie Dak for #2; and 5 to tie Boobie for #1.

Biggest question to me is can Fitz catch Boobie for #1 in rushing yards? He needs 124.3 yards per game for 10 games to do it. I think he does.

3rdGen
09-21-2018, 07:42 AM
I wanna see him break it at home. Against uf be icing on the cake!

Me too.... can’t wait for that game.

LC Dawg
09-21-2018, 08:46 AM
I hope it is against UF and Dan and I hope Tebow is covering the game.
Oh - and I want to see a KT to Fitz TD pass against UF to run up the score.

Some other Fitz rushing milestones coming up -
Fitz only needs 69 yards to pass Walter Packer (2,820) for #3 on our all-time rushing yards this weekend.

He needs 4 rushing touchdowns to tie Dak for #2; and 5 to tie Boobie for #1.

Biggest question to me is can Fitz catch Boobie for #1 in rushing yards? He needs 124.3 yards per game for 10 games to do it. I think he does.

I think there is a good chance that SEC Nation is on campus that weekend. It would be great if Tebow is there when Fitz breaks the record. Tebow is such a gracious guy he'll make a big deal out of Fitz.
I don't think Fitz catches Boobie. With Kylin and Aeris both able to rack up yards I don't think he'll have the carries to do it.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Fitz COULD break the record tomorrow but he won't unless we are in a close game.

Mostly likely before half time or early 3rd quarter vs Florida.

MetEdDawg
09-21-2018, 09:03 AM
Check that. I thought last week he could have given it to Hill a couple times for walk in scores. Hope he saves the hits and let Atrain and Hill get 3 TDs each. Save the yards for FL. Hope he gets about 135 in this game and gets to bust a big one for the record.

He definitely had 2 of his TDs that would have been easy RB TDs. Fitz doesn't need those hits.

I hope he breaks it against Auburn. To be perfectly honest, I want him to establish himself as a passer the next two weeks. If we are going to challenge for the division, we need him to develop as a passer. I want to see him run less but our offense still establish dominance with a balance passing and running attack.

I understand that we almost beat Alabama last year and we all know the division goes through them. But last year's effort against them would get us beat by 21+ this year. We will have to score at least 40 to beat Alabama this year and the only way we do that is for Fitz to become the passer we've all hoped he could become.

TrapGame
09-21-2018, 09:04 AM
I think there is a good chance that SEC Nation is on campus that weekend. It would be great if Tebow is there when Fitz breaks the record. Tebow is such a gracious guy he'll make a big deal out of Fitz.
I don't think Fitz catches Boobie. With Kylin and Aeris both able to rack up yards I don't think he'll have the carries to do it.

I'd bet money we get SEC Nation just for Tebow/Mullen/Florida connection and the possibility of Fitz breaking his record. That would be awesome!

Johnson85
09-21-2018, 09:30 AM
I'd bet money we get SEC Nation just for Tebow/Mullen/Florida connection and the possibility of Fitz breaking his record. That would be awesome!

Is the SEC Nation not more or less already decided? For some reason I thought they planned those pretty far in advance and just had alternate locations to account for the possibility of game day?

BrunswickDawg
09-21-2018, 09:34 AM

Well, we have already seen that Fitz is going to run and rack up yards regardless of what we do. And I will argue that having Aeris and Kylin may reduce his carries a bit (although it hasn't yet) but actually increase his yardage. Fitz averaged 7.1 ypc in '16, and dropped to 6.1 ypc in '17. He is at 7.8 ypc so far this season. Yes, its early. But, with JoMo's offense centered around explosive plays Fitz has the athleticism and potential to bust far more big runs than last year. Fitz had 17 runs of 20+ in '16 when defenses couldn't key on the running game because of Ross and Gray. Last year, without them, he dropped to 8. He already has 3 in 2 games - a pace of 19.5 for the season. Also, at 133 ypg so far this season, he is on pace to pass Boobie.

Political Hack
09-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Fitz won't play the whole game tomorrow. He'll likely be done in the 3rd quarter after we're up by 28.

BrunswickDawg
09-21-2018, 09:46 AM
I'll throw another "what if" out for fun.

Fitz is at 37 Rushing TDs with 10 games to go. Pretty much a shoe in to break Boobie's MSU record of 42.
He is on pace for 26. That would break Vick Ballard's single season MSU record of 19 & put him ahead of Tebow's SEC career record of 49.

Keep in mind that Fitz had 16 rushing TDs in 2016 - so getting to 20+ isn't unfathomable.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 10:29 AM
Fitz won't play the whole game tomorrow. He'll likely be done in the 3rd quarter after we're up by 28.

This