PDA

View Full Version : Hype video for UK?

Coach007
09-20-2018, 11:52 AM
anybody seen it yet? Not on hailstate youtube channel.

Dental Dawg33
09-20-2018, 12:38 PM
I know we have talked about it before, but I do miss the old hype videos. I watched all of them on YouTube last week and could have run through a brick wall.

mstatefan91
09-20-2018, 12:49 PM
This is what I found

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/1042779148677251072

Bigedawg
09-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Yawn. I still think they are mailing this in. Need to see more "Relentless" effort. Video content is not up to Coach Mo's championship standard.

mstatefan91
09-20-2018, 01:21 PM
Yawn. I still think they are mailing this in. Need to see more "Relentless" effort. Video content is not up to Coach Mo's championship standard.

They put out what they're allowed to. As I understand it, the budget for the video department isn't as big as it was with Loafers...

That said, I'd rather them stop making 4-5 mini videos a week and just make one 4-5 minute hype/recap video.

Coach007
09-20-2018, 01:32 PM
Thanks for linking

You would think that opening Sec game would get a bit more attention

Bigedawg
09-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Does it cost an huge amount to produce these videos? I admit that I am clueless to the process but I was under the impression that there is a staff of salaried positions assisted by student volunteers whose singular job is to produce video content. Maybe, I am completely wrong about this. I agree that I would much rather see one or two longer videos than the 1 minute snippets that we currently get. I would love to see more as these guys and girls have access to the locker room, sideline, etc. that the rest of us and most media are not privy to.

Coach007
09-20-2018, 01:51 PM
Does it cost an huge amount to produce these videos? I admit that I am clueless to the process but I was under the impression that there is a staff of salaried positions assisted by student volunteers whose singular job is to produce video content. Maybe, I am completely wrong about this. I agree that I would much rather see one or two longer videos than the 1 minute snippets that we currently get. I would love to see more as these guys and girls have access to the locker room, sideline, etc. that the rest of us and most media are not privy to.

I would think Royalties could cost, but again... This IS a special season. Let's put some greatness out!

Dawgology
09-20-2018, 03:03 PM
Yeah our Cohen definitely isnt as interested in video, Twitter, marketing as his predecessor. It would be he one weakness that I've noted so far. We will have to get better at that with today's social media/entertain me culture.

Todd4State
09-20-2018, 04:02 PM
Yeah our Cohen definitely isnt as interested in video, Twitter, marketing as his predecessor. It would be he one weakness that I've noted so far. We will have to get better at that with today's social media/entertain me culture.

I agree. And absolute shame if we have a special season and the entire video content from MSU lasts 35 minutes total.

I think part of the problem with Relentless was they didn't promote it enough- and then the last season they produced it we started off by losing to South Alabama.

Todd4State
09-20-2018, 04:28 PM
The hype video for this week should have had some footage from this season and of past MSU games against UK- Artigues blocking the game winning FG attempt in 1992, Kevin Bouie going off on them in 1994, Wyatt making a comeback and Westerfield's game winning FG in 1999, Eric Brown ripping Tim Couch in half in 1997, AD in 2009, and Josh Robinson in 2014. Even in a loss- JJ Johnson and Kevin Prentiss had some amazing highlights that were useable against UK in 1998 even.

What we got this week was another week in review video. Pretty disappointing overall.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2018, 04:32 PM
The hype video for this week should have had some footage from this season and of past MSU games against UK- Artigues blocking the game winning FG attempt in 1992, Kevin Bouie going off on them in 1994, Wyatt making a comeback and Westerfield's game winning FG in 1999, Eric Brown ripping Tim Couch in half in 1997, AD in 2009, and Josh Robinson in 2014. Even in a loss- JJ Johnson and Kevin Prentiss had some amazing highlights that were useable against UK in 1998 even.

What we got this week was another week in review video. Pretty disappointing overall.
AD going for 250 or so against them is still one of my favorite memories. I’m hoping Hill can do the same Saturday. Probably not though since I’m sure Coach Moorehead will pound them into submission with ATrain. I’m fine with that too!!!