PDA

View Full Version : Rick Ceveland likens Kaepernick to Ali

MadDawg
09-19-2018, 10:55 AM
So disappointed in Rick.

http://www.wlbt.com/2018/09/19/panel-discussion-politics-sports/

?I think it?s quite possible that 25 years from now, we?ll look at Colin Kaepernick as a brave man who stood up for his principles the way Muhammad Ali did in the 1960?s," says Cleveland.

And I apologize in advance for posting something most likely to get locked up.

BeardoMSU
09-19-2018, 10:59 AM
There is a political board for a reason, dude. No excuse.

MadDawg
09-19-2018, 11:02 AM

It's kind of sports-related, too, isn't it?

But by all means, delete it, ban me, do what you have to.

BeardoMSU
09-19-2018, 11:06 AM
It's kind of sports-related, too, isn't it?

But by all means, delete it, ban me, do what you have to.

Well, obviously I have no say in any of that.

Yeah, it is semi-sports related...but you said it yourself, it will just end up getting locked...so why even post it? It's ****ing game week. We're playing Kentucky. Why start a thread that will inevitably turn into a shit show, destined to be locked, deleted, or moved to the poly board? I don't get it...

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Forcing 18 year olds to go to war is bullshit and the entire American justice system has turned into bullshit. USA shouldn't house 25% of the world's prison population. That is just beyond 17ed up. Surely there has to be some angle that you agree needs addressing. Quit focusing on "disrespecting" a song or flag and actually try to agree with something that we as a country need to work on with these issues. Almost everything can be improved. This is no different.

MadDawg
09-19-2018, 11:32 AM
Well, obviously I have no say in any of that.

Yeah, it is semi-sports related...but you said it yourself, it will just end up getting locked...so why even post it? It's ****ing game week. We're playing Kentucky. Why start a thread that will inevitably turn into a shit show, destined to be locked, deleted, or moved to the poly board? I don't get it...

Ok, I relent. This wasn't the place for this. I'll say 10 Hail State's and wear maroon on Friday.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 11:42 AM

Then e-mail Rick Cleveland.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 11:44 AM
Forcing 18 year olds to go to war is bullshit and the entire American justice system has turned into bullshit. USA shouldn't house 25% of the world's prison population. That is just beyond 17ed up. Surely there has to be some angle that you agree needs addressing. Quit focusing on "disrespecting" a song or flag and actually try to agree with something that we as a country need to work on with these issues. Almost everything can be improved. This is no different.

Just another example of why you were banned from the poly board.

ShotgunDawg
09-19-2018, 11:44 AM

So you're supporting this guy?

Please explain why... it was never about the song for me. It’s that I don’t respect the person or his motives, while also thinking he was loser human before any of this stuff started, due to how he was behaving and the excuses he was making while struggling as the 49ers QB

While I respect the cause that many African Americans have latched onto with this situation and believe we certainly have issues that need to be addressed, they have chosen to follow a loser and unrespectable person. I can assure you that his initial motives here were selfish and not for the greater good.

https://goo.gl/images/12QKL8

https://goo.gl/images/12QKL8

Political Hack
09-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Your persoectives on this won't matter in 25 years. It'll be the media and history buffs and population then that dictates how he is remembered. In 25 years Kap could be coined the "Joe Montana that didn't get his shot" or the "kid that got cut and took up politics". It could be viewed very differently than it is today.

So, we can argue about this in 25 years. Until then...