PDA

View Full Version : The "equal praise to complaining thread" Post Louisianna Game Take

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Last week we had at least 8-10 threads on here with Hot Takes directly after our KState game. I was one of them. I discussed our lack of precision on passes, Hill being a badass, etc. I feel as the LA game hasn't received the same treatment so here we go....

1. Fitz hit some big throws. Looked good in the pocket. Looked good running the ball. Those deep crossing route throws were big time. He threaded two beautiful balls into the hearts of LA fans in the middle of the field as well. Best was the touch and trajectory on the throw to Guidry. Well done Fitz. Looking for big games and big dagger type throws from here on out. Get the swag man.

2. Although Fitz looked really good running the ball, our RBs looked even better on their opportunities. The 3 headed monster between Fitz, Hill, and William's is going to be a difficult thing for opposing defenses. Also, I do not think we have hit the ceiling on this yet either. Wait until we start pushing the tempo even more against good defenses. Boys will be on their heels. I would say, let the RBs take some of the tough yards. We need Fitz to stay upright.

3. Defense is going to be tested this week. KYs qb can hurt us just like Fitz. Our D needs to keep gap and contain. It may hurt our pass rush a little. A spy will need to used on 3rd and medium passing downs. Keep the qb in the pocket.

4. D secondary looked good. Young players need to step up now with Peters week to week. Abram, no targeting, but make sure you show up and push the issue. We need you against FL.

Special teams: good day, but kick for touchbacks. FG unit needs to get it straightened out this week. FGs matter from here on out.

All in all, we usually talk about issues and not so much about how badass we are. Our Offense hasn't even came close to its potential. Neither has the d. Lots of areas of growth and I am looking forward to seeing it.

#hailstate

Bully13
09-19-2018, 10:48 AM
I'm gonna predict the difference in the game will be our D-Line vs their O-Line. We put up enough to win by 14.

BrunswickDawg
09-19-2018, 11:11 AM
I'm gonna predict the difference in the game will be our D-Line vs their O-Line. We put up enough to win by 14.

Piggybacking on that - Our D line will put pressure on them and force turnovers. I don't think they have a defense that can do that. I think we have a defensive touchdown this game.

Shotgun - I think you have a good list of areas to watch for. Kind of a "keys to the game" feature.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 11:14 AM

It is definitely a time for the dline to take over. I see Kentucky's Oline about equal to KStates. Our dline is going to force the issue. LBs need to have a big game on cleanup.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Note I said about like Kstates. I believe KYs unit is better, but I believe we will see some interesting dline stunts and slants to get home. We have pretty much played straight up on the dline. Let's see how good their OL is at picking up Sweat on a twist.

1bigdawg
09-19-2018, 11:21 AM
KState has an excellent Oline. I believe they are better than KYs.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 12:16 PM
KState has an excellent Oline. I believe they are better than KYs.

The narrative says Kstates OL was awesome. I really do not agree with that narrative though. I believe UK's is better.

FriarsPoint
09-19-2018, 12:47 PM
The narrative says Kstates OL was awesome. I really do not agree with that narrative though. I believe UK's is better.

Same. The refs saved KSU from looking like a wet paper bag.

Cooterpoot
09-19-2018, 01:45 PM
KState returned their whole OL from an 8 win team. Theirs is better. Aside from the QBs ability to run, nothing about KY scares me.

hacker
09-19-2018, 01:54 PM
One of KState's OT's named Risner is projected as a top 10 draft pick by PFF as well

Randolph Dupree
09-19-2018, 02:30 PM
I actually just got a chance to watch the ULL game last night. Offense looked good, D looked good but I'm still a little concerned about the secondary. ULL had some opportunities on some pass plays that they did not convert for various reasons that elite teams will convert. Now, it was ULL so we weren't that hyped, we were pretty vanilla, and everyone is going to get some catches here and there, so the sky isn't falling but we gotta clean that up (and I think we will). If we clean up the small stuff in the secondary and Fitz throws the ball as well as he did in that game the West comes down to the MSU vs Bama game and I don't think it's a given that Bama wins that game.

Tbonewannabe
09-19-2018, 02:55 PM
One of KState's OT's named Risner is projected as a top 10 draft pick by PFF as well

He was the LT and is preseason All American. Not that it matters but KSU won 41-17 over UTSA and they didn't score in the 4th quarter. We will see how good that win is over the next few weeks, KSU is now 2-1.

Todd4State
09-19-2018, 03:33 PM
He was the LT and is preseason All American. Not that it matters but KSU won 41-17 over UTSA and they didn't score in the 4th quarter. We will see how good that win is over the next few weeks, KSU is now 2-1.

K-State has West Virginia next. That should tell us a lot about them.

Pit Bull
09-19-2018, 03:53 PM

Reason that KState OL was held in high esteem was mostly because they have a 1st team AA at right tackle. And the others were somewhat experienced. I would say they are about the same as KY, but KY has much better skilled players, especially at QB and RB.