PDA

View Full Version : UK Players Just Won't Shut Up

TrapGame
09-18-2018, 09:24 PM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/kentucky-football/

With those two trading barbs, Kentucky C Drake Jackson was asked about it, but he didn?t know who Kylin Hill was. As you can see below, he asked ?Does he play for Mississippi State??

I'm expecting a humiliating ass whooping this Saturday night. There's already another article circulating reporting that UK has the undivided attention of the MSU football team. They ain't overlooking them.

msstate7
09-18-2018, 09:27 PM
I actually don't like this. I don't want us concentrating on trying to whip them instead of just beating them.

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 09:29 PM
I don't mind it because we definitely won't be overlooking them to the Florida game (not that I think we would have anyways).

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2018, 09:31 PM
It'd be great if first play Simmons blew up the center to plant Snell for a three yard loss.

TUSK
09-18-2018, 09:39 PM
Y'all need to embrace this... Revel in it...

This is good.

Cooterpoot
09-18-2018, 09:41 PM
This game won’t be close. KY beat a shitty FL team and think they’re great. We’ll score 40+. FL had receivers open all night and Franks sucked. Dan sat his best RB a good portion of that game too. FL should’ve beaten them.

Dental Dawg33
09-18-2018, 09:43 PM
I love it. UK is just prodding the bull. We all know what happens when you mess with the bull

Ifyouonlyknew
09-18-2018, 09:51 PM
I actually don't like this. I don't want us concentrating on trying to whip them instead of just beating them.

Huh? That makes no sense.

BeardoMSU
09-18-2018, 09:53 PM

This is good.

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.jpg

BuckyIsAB****
09-18-2018, 09:55 PM

This is good.

I couldnt agree more

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 09:56 PM
This game won’t be close. KY beat a shitty FL team and think they’re great. We’ll score 40+. FL had receivers open all night and Franks sucked. Dan sat his best RB a good portion of that game too. FL should’ve beaten them.

Cooter right again! JoMo is a different breed of coach. He's not gonna let us overlook any team and he's gonna keep his foot on the gas. Y'all get used to it, it's a new era in State football.

msstate7
09-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Huh? That makes no sense.

When lane kiffin got hired at tenn, he spent the whole offseason trash talking urban Meyer who had just won a natty for 2nd time in 3 years. Lane had the whole Florida fanbase so riled up wanting to destroy tenn that Florida actually struggled some and only won 23-13. Florida fans were irrate at the close score bc lane's trolling. Urban even referenced this game that just winning wasn't good enough for Florida fans. I always think about this when a team is talking a bunch of crap. Certainly it doesn't always work out like that all the time, but I want our players just focusing on winning, not trying to make a point

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 10:15 PM
The "trash" talking coming from UK's side isn't nearly on the same level as a Lane Kiffin Tennessee vs Florida rivalry game. Tennessee vs Florida is a real rivalry. State vs Kentucky ain't quite cutting the same mustard yet. We play them every year and every year we forget about them till about a week before we play them again. State 42 Kentucky 13

Political Hack
09-18-2018, 10:15 PM
We're getting the little kid in the hallway "I'm not scared of you" treatment. Y'all just don't recognize it yet. It's still fairly new. Enjoy it.

Pit Bull
09-18-2018, 10:34 PM
If I was them, I wouldn't want to fire up Aeris any more than I had to. He might go off for 200+ yds. Their QB is a pretty fast runner....I wouldn't want to flush him out, but contain him and quickly collapse the pocket around him. We win 31-21.

Dawgology
09-18-2018, 10:35 PM
This will be a good test of our teams mentality. If they go out there and dismantle Kentucky with business like precision...well then...something special is brewing.

Jarius
09-18-2018, 10:50 PM
If I was them, I wouldn't want to fire up Aeris any more than I had to. He might go off for 200+ yds. Their QB is a pretty fast runner....I wouldn't want to flush him out, but contain him and quickly collapse the pocket around him. We win 31-21.

It’s not going to be nearly that close

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2018, 11:08 PM
We need to make a statement Saturday night.

There are just enough people that will tune in and not clue how good we are.

TUSK
09-18-2018, 11:34 PM
We need to make a statement Saturday night.

There are just enough people that will tune in and not clue how good we are.

This is correct...

Ring up bout 30 1st Downs, 550 in total offense (while holding them under 200), and win by 35-40....

Then beat Florida worse....

Then you'll get 2 very beatable top 10 programs in a row in AU & LSU followed by Jimbo ...

Take a week off vs La Tech then it's a top 5 matchup on Gameday in Ttown...

That's kinda how I'd look at it...

State82
09-19-2018, 12:07 AM
This is correct...

Ring up bout 30 1st Downs, 550 in total offense (while holding them under 200), and win by 35-40....

Then beat Florida worse....

Then you'll get 2 very beatable top 10 programs in a row in AU & LSU followed by Jimbo ...

Take a week off vs La Tech then it's a top 5 matchup on Gameday in Ttown...

That's kinda how I'd look at it...

Well, I kinda like the way you think.

Todd4State
09-19-2018, 12:09 AM
When lane kiffin got hired at tenn, he spent the whole offseason trash talking urban Meyer who had just won a natty for 2nd time in 3 years. Lane had the whole Florida fanbase so riled up wanting to destroy tenn that Florida actually struggled some and only won 23-13. Florida fans were irrate at the close score bc lane's trolling. Urban even referenced this game that just winning wasn't good enough for Florida fans. I always think about this when a team is talking a bunch of crap. Certainly it doesn't always work out like that all the time, but I want our players just focusing on winning, not trying to make a point

And I remember when Vanderbilt ran smack on us in 1999 and we won 42-14. And seven of those 14 were scored on a play where the guy for Vandy ran out of bounds and the official messed it up. This week is reminding me of Vandy week 1999.

Todd4State
09-19-2018, 12:10 AM

This is good.

"We want MSU"?

CadaverDawg
09-19-2018, 12:15 AM
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/kentucky-football/

I'm expecting a humiliating ass whooping this Saturday night. There's already another article circulating reporting that UK has the undivided attention of the MSU football team. They ain't overlooking them.

Those dumbasses from UK missed a golden opportunity to keep their mouths shut and possibly catch us looking ahead to Don's return.....but instead they chose to poke the bull that has whipped their ass 7 of the last 8 times, and will now be beaten into submission Saturday night and forced straight into hoops season. What a bunch of dipshits. This is like the Vandy dude taunting Bama a year or 2 ago....didn't end well for the Dores.

TUSK
09-19-2018, 12:18 AM
"We want MSU"?

Thank you!

EXACTLY what I was fishing for.

(166, that’s how it’s done, my friend*)

DancingRabbit
09-19-2018, 12:32 AM
This is their chance to talk. Got the UF monkey off their back. They know this undefeated thing isn't going to last long.

Please Coach JoeMo. No mercy.

michaelww3d6
09-19-2018, 12:37 AM
We're getting the little kid in the hallway "I'm not scared of you" treatment. Y'all just don't recognize it yet. It's still fairly new. Enjoy it.

When will people learn that being afraid isn't a prerequisite to getting your ass whopped?

dawgday166
09-19-2018, 06:40 AM
Thank you!

EXACTLY what I was fishing for.

(166, that’s how it’s done, my friend*)

I'm taking notes. * Although that was an obvious hook to me. I started to reply that you don't want none of MSU but ... I don't think we can beat Bama right now, especially at Bama. If I did in reality I'd probably say what I said last year ... That I thought we had something for ya this go round.

Behrdawg
09-19-2018, 07:40 AM
We will win by 20+

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 08:07 AM
This game won?t be close. KY beat a shitty FL team and think they?re great. We?ll score 40+. FL had receivers open all night and Franks sucked. Dan sat his best RB a good portion of that game too. FL should?ve beaten them.

Well we beat a bad KSU team and think we are great. Our CVs are pretty much the same right now.

WSOPdawg
09-19-2018, 08:15 AM

At some point this season, we will give up 3 TDs, but I'll be highly disappointed in our defense if we give up 21 to UK. If our D has as many NFL draft picks on it as we think, UK shouldn't sniff 21 points.

WSOPdawg
09-19-2018, 08:17 AM
We will win by 20+

Agree 100%

Bully13
09-19-2018, 08:31 AM
And I remember when Vanderbilt ran smack on us in 1999 and we won 42-14. And seven of those 14 were scored on a play where the guy for Vandy ran out of bounds and the official messed it up. This week is reminding me of Vandy week 1999.

Vandy WR should have agreed to do Smoot's homework.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Well we beat a bad KSU team and think we are great. Our CVs are pretty much the same right now.

Lol so nobody should talk football till we play Auburn then

Behrdawg
09-19-2018, 08:37 AM

We have the talent advantage by far. There is no comparison. Zero.

PMDawg
09-19-2018, 08:40 AM
It'd be great if first play Simmons blew up the center to plant Snell for a three yard loss.

We tried that last year against Georgia. They ran a flea flicker for, I believe, a TD.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 08:41 AM
We tried that last year against Georgia. They ran a flea flicker for, I believe, a TD.

Cause UGA knew what defense Grantham would be in and they were right.

PMDawg
09-19-2018, 08:44 AM
Cause UGA knew what defense Grantham would be in and they were right.

Agree. He was too aggressive at times. We dont have to gamble like that with such a good defense.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 08:45 AM
The fact of the matter is we are favored on the road by 10 over a SEC team that has a 10 point SEC road win under their belt. Nothing wrong with us having a confident Woodrow at this juncture.

smootness
09-19-2018, 08:46 AM
Kentucky's players are stupid. There are two players on this team you absolutely wouldn't want to make angry - Simmons and Hill.

Jarius
09-19-2018, 08:51 AM

We are dominating every team we play. Kentucky struggled to beat a bad Florida team and a horrible Central Michigan team. We also destroyed this Kentucky team by 40 last year with a less talented offense and a defense that was not as deep. No one questions how good Bama is either, because they dominate the teams on their schedule, just like we are doing.

BulldogDX55
09-19-2018, 08:55 AM
This has the feeling of last year's game of us vs. Georgia. We had just come off of a win against an overrated division rival that we have a history of losing badly to and thought that the next game against a superior opponent in the other division would go similarly. The players and the fans were talking an absurd amount of crap while the other team was quietly confident.

This year, we are the Georgia in that scenario. I expect the results to be similar.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 09:15 AM

That's not what I said. In fact it isn't even close. LOL.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 09:20 AM
We have the talent advantage by far. There is no comparison. Zero.

Probabaly, just pointing out that we haven't really done anything much yet this year either. I said before the season I would wait till I saw us in action against decent opposition before I got too excited. I'm sticking to that. The early signs are positive, but none of the opponents have been that good. We will have a little more concrete evidence after this weekend, maybe.

Edited to add I really thought before the season started that opposition would be KSU. What they did the week before we played them showed that wasn't the case.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Probabaly, just pointing out that we haven't really done anything much yet this year either. I said before the season I would wait till I saw us in action against decent opposition before I got too excited. I'm sticking to that. The early signs are positive, but none of the opponents have been that good. We will have a little more concrete evidence after this weekend, maybe.

Edited to add I really thought before the season started that opposition would be KSU. What they did the week before we played them showed that wasn't the case.

Again we won't know anything till we play Auburn according to you because we all know you're going to discredit Florida after we beat Kentucky by 3 touchdowns.

TrapGame
09-19-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm going to agree with something Brandon Walker said the other night. He said UK screwed up a golden opportunity to catch us looking at the Florida game but now they have our undivided attention. UK had a chance to make this a close game by punching us in the mouth early and rattling our cage but now we are ready for their best shot Saturday night.

MSU 42 UK 17

BulldogDX55
09-19-2018, 09:39 AM

Our schedule has been weak, but we have utterly dominated that schedule. Not as good as actually beating someone good, but should be a good indicator of what is to come.

Pollodawg
09-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Kentucky is about to find out that being scared is not a requirement for getting that ass whooped. Whether you?re scared or not is irrelevant. You ain?t gotta be scared to tote a beatin?.

Pollodawg
09-19-2018, 09:46 AM

You have to be a troll. You?re the most negative poster here.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 09:50 AM

Cooterpoot and Liverpool are neck and neck for the most pessimistic Bulldog fans on earth. Someone send them both a truck full of weed.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 09:53 AM
Again we won't know anything till we play Auburn according to you because we all know you're going to discredit Florida after we beat Kentucky by 3 touchdowns.

I don't know much about Kentucky and Florida yet. The best opponent either has played was the other one. Kentucky's other games weren't that impressive. Neither were Florida's. Win these two games and we know a little more about what we have. Look man, if what y'all are spouting is true then BY DEFINITION we won't know anything till after the Auburn game. They are the first team y'all are saying even has a chance to beat us. I like the way this part of the schedule sets up. I think it escalates the challenge a bit every week building up to LSU. I know Florida lost to UK but you KNOW Mullen will have them chunking babies out of the stands against us. We will get whatever their best shot is. We just need to get through this weekend with a win and no major injuries, or minor ones to key players. Dak got banged up a bit up there in 2014 and he was never quite the same the rest of that year. I don't know if it cost us a natty, but it sure didn't help matters.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 09:58 AM

No troll. I'm just an old dog who has seen, and got caught up in, a lot of excitement that got crushed later on too many times. I think the first major one was my freshman year back in 1981. I was at Bryant-Denny to see that one in person. It forces a little objectivity into you. Y'all may be right. I hope you are. I'm just going to stay on an even keel and enjoy the ride. Hopefully it a long and fun one.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't know much about Kentucky and Florida yet. The best opponent either has played was the other one. Kentucky's other games weren't that impressive. Neither were Florida's. Win these two games and we know a little more about what we have. Look man, if what y'all are spouting is true then BY DEFINITION we won't know anything till after the Auburn game. They are the first team y'all are saying even has a chance to beat us. I like the way this part of the schedule sets up. I think it escalates the challenge a bit every week building up to LSU. I know Florida lost to UK but you KNOW Mullen will have them chunking babies out of the stands against us. We will get whatever their best shot is. We just need to get through this weekend with a win and no major injuries, or minor ones to key players. Dak got banged up a bit up there in 2014 and he was never quite the same the rest of that year. I don't know if it cost us a natty, but it sure didn't help matters.

Josh Robinson breaking his va6ina after Mullen wouldn't let him get 200 yards is what cost us in 2014. That and Mullen going ultra conservative vs Bama, us having multiple turnovers in Bama's redzone and our DC/DB's not being able to defend the deep pass vs OM.

Auburn and LSU are average at best on offense right now. Just from an offensive standpoint both aTm and OM have been much more impressive than the two SEC West Tigers. Malzahn has our number though lately. Hopefully that changes with Moorhead and Shoop.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 10:05 AM
All opponents look like shit when you are one of the best. WE will handle Kentucky, then everyone is going to say......wonder how we will look against FL. Then we will come home and smash FL. Then everyone will say those teams are all down, obviously because of how we beat them. Then we manhandle LSU on the road and then everyone will say, well yeah MSU is rolling, but what about Auburn.....

On and on and on, and that is what I like about it. Keep overlooking us. Chip permanently on our shoulder as we run this gauntlet. Nothing matters until you get to 11-1 or 12-0. Keep moving the goalpost on this team. We are going to make a lot of teams look bad when they line up against us. Like GA and AU did against us last year. We were a good team, but not at their level. This year they are not at ours.

Commercecomet24
09-19-2018, 10:08 AM
All opponents look like shit when you are one of the best. WE will handle Kentucky, then everyone is going to say......wonder how we will look against FL. Then we will come home and smash FL. Then everyone will say those teams are all down, obviously because of how we beat them. Then we manhandle LSU on the road and then everyone will say, well yeah MSU is rolling, but what about Auburn.....

On and on and on, and that is what I like about it. Keep overlooking us. Chip permanently on our shoulder as we run this gauntlet. Nothing matters until you get to 11-1 or 12-0. Keep moving the goalpost on this team. We are going to make a lot of teams look bad when they line up against us. Like GA and AU did against us last year. We were a good team, but not at their level. This year they are not at ours.

This guy gets it!

dawgday166
09-19-2018, 10:10 AM
Josh Robinson breaking his va6ina after Mullen wouldn't let him get 200 yards is what cost us in 2014. That and Mullen going ultra conservative vs Bama, us having multiple turnovers in Bama's redzone and our DC/DB's not being able to defend the deep pass vs OM.

Auburn and LSU are average at best on offense right now. Just from an offensive standpoint both aTm and OM have been much more impressive than the two SEC West Tigers. Malzahn has our number though lately. Hopefully that changes with Moorhead and Shoop.

TAM O I would agree with. OM only played 1 D so far and we saw what happened there.

GoDawgz
09-19-2018, 10:30 AM
"Play with emotion, without getting emotional" Joe Moorehead <<<<<< This
But, it is a good thing thing to keep them focused on Kentucky instead of looking forward to "Don Merlins" coming back!

TrapGame
09-19-2018, 10:41 AM

OT: I kinda wonder if it was Gus (or maybe Brett Lashley) that made those anonymous comments about Mullen's offense a few years ago.

tcdog70
09-19-2018, 10:42 AM
7 ARE YOU ALSO SCARED OF THE DARK?

BulldogBear
09-19-2018, 10:51 AM

No, because when we beat Auburn the narrative will then be that Auburn is down.**

LC Dawg
09-19-2018, 11:12 AM
No troll. I'm just an old dog who has seen, and got caught up in, a lot of excitement that got crushed later on too many times. I think the first major one was my freshman year back in 1981. I was at Bryant-Denny to see that one in person. It forces a little objectivity into you. Y'all may be right. I hope you are. I'm just going to stay on an even keel and enjoy the ride. Hopefully it a long and fun one.

At the beginning of a game when everyone is excited and cheering and ringing cowbells do you just sit quietly and wait to see the result of the game before getting excited?

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 11:14 AM

Ugh dude, Ole Miss put up one TD against the only defense they faced. Their other two games they did what any decent offense would have done. Quit talking up the @#$% Confederates. They don't need any help with that.
Fact remains that Dak DID get banged up at UK. He wasn't quite the same the rest of the way that year.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 11:17 AM
At the beginning of a game when everyone is excited and cheering and ringing cowbells do you just sit quietly and wait to see the result of the game before getting excited?

I'm yelling, but I'm not running my mouth like a an Ole Miss fan before the game/season either.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 11:18 AM
"Play with emotion, without getting emotional" Joe Moorehead <<<<<< This
But, it is a good thing thing to keep them focused on Kentucky instead of looking forward to "Don Merlins" coming back!

Moorhead gets it.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 11:30 AM
Ugh dude, Ole Miss put up one TD against the only defense they faced. Their other two games they did what any decent offense would have done. Quit talking up the @#$% Confederates. They don't need any help with that.
Fact remains that Dak DID get banged up at UK. He wasn't quite the same the rest of the way that year.

I certainly ain't talking up the Klansharks defense as it's as porous as they come but their offense is still more impressive to me than LSU and Auburn's. Which was my point. LSU and Auburn look pretty pedestrian on offense. Nobody scores on Bama.

Johnson85
09-19-2018, 11:33 AM

???? Were you in a coma in 2017? Just about the same MSU team went 9-4, with two of those losses coming to the Champion and runner up, and a third coming to a good Auburn team, and one coming to a mediocre UM team after we had to rely on our true freshman qb.

UK went 7-6, with losses to a bad UF team, and a mediocre UM team (I assume with their starting QB). They got blown out by us and also blown out by a Louisville team that we beat with a true freshman backup QB.

Even if you assume they didn't lose anybody (no clue if that's the case) and that they upgraded their QB (seems to be the case), their CV still doesn't come close to matching up.

We think we're good because basically this same team was good last year (if you think top 15ish is "good"). Unless our coaching staff turns us to crap, we will be good again this year.

Lord McBuckethead
09-19-2018, 12:38 PM
I would like to add, we beat Louisville without a coaching staff. Think about that KY fans.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 12:53 PM
I certainly ain't talking up the Klansharks defense as it's as porous as they come but their offense is still more impressive to me than LSU and Auburn's. Which was my point. LSU and Auburn look pretty pedestrian on offense. Nobody scores on Bama.

But it's NOT. They didn't do anything against the only defense they have played. LSU and AU both scored some on each other...and they have real defenses.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 12:54 PM
???? Were you in a coma in 2017? Just about the same MSU team went 9-4, with two of those losses coming to the Champion and runner up, and a third coming to a good Auburn team, and one coming to a mediocre UM team after we had to rely on our true freshman qb.

UK went 7-6, with losses to a bad UF team, and a mediocre UM team (I assume with their starting QB). They got blown out by us and also blown out by a Louisville team that we beat with a true freshman backup QB.

Even if you assume they didn't lose anybody (no clue if that's the case) and that they upgraded their QB (seems to be the case), their CV still doesn't come close to matching up.

We think we're good because basically this same team was good last year (if you think top 15ish is "good"). Unless our coaching staff turns us to crap, we will be good again this year.

Last year was last year man.

smootness
09-19-2018, 01:00 PM
Our CVs are pretty much the same right now.

This is completely inaccurate.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 01:04 PM
But it's NOT. They didn't do anything against the only defense they have played. LSU and AU both scored some on each other...and they have real defenses.

It's Bama. You have 8 games of Ta'amu as their QB to watch. If you can't identify that OM's offense is better with him and those WRs than boring Burrow & LSU and struggling Auburn I can't help you. Sometimes you just have to be able to watch football and be able to tell yourself whose a better player and offense than relying on a box score or stats to tell you.

Jarius
09-19-2018, 01:19 PM

Both teams return a majority of the same players. Ours were much more physical than theirs on both sides of the ball. I don’t know what you’ve watched this year, but that has not changed. They also can’t throw the ball well enough to take advantage of our only semi weakness.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
It's Bama. You have 8 games of Ta'amu as their QB to watch. If you can't identify that OM's offense is better with him and those WRs than boring Burrow & LSU and struggling Auburn I can't help you. Sometimes you just have to be able to watch football and be able to tell yourself whose a better player and offense than relying on a box score or stats to tell you.

Why don't we wait and see what they do against another defense then? They have only faced one.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Both teams return a majority of the same players. Ours were much more physical than theirs on both sides of the ball. I don’t know what you’ve watched this year, but that has not changed. They also can’t throw the ball well enough to take advantage of our only semi weakness.

and nobody last year scored more or allowed less than us on them last year. out of all 13 games they played. 45-7.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 01:47 PM

Been at two of ours and watched the other one. Somehow y'all have confused me saying pump the brakes a bit with "we will lose to UK." What I have actually said is they are the best team we have played so far and it will be a first real (maybe) test. We have people on here saying this is our best ever team and we have only played three cupcakes so far. It may be that this is our best team ever, but we have no way of knowing that yet.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Why wouldn't this be our best team ever?

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 02:12 PM
This is completely inaccurate.

I'd say the three teams we have faced are roughly equal, with Florida being the best of the bunch.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Why wouldn't this be our best team ever?

Who knows it might be, it might not be. Tell me why it is.

Johnson85
09-19-2018, 02:24 PM

Shit, I wish I had known there were people with this opinion. I could have made a killing off you by giving you 2-1 odds and betting that we'd beat SFA straight up.

Jarius
09-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Been at two of ours and watched the other one. Somehow y'all have confused me saying pump the brakes a bit with "we will lose to UK." What I have actually said is they are the best team we have played so far and it will be a first real (maybe) test. We have people on here saying this is our best ever team and we have only played three cupcakes so far. It may be that this is our best team ever, but we have no way of knowing that yet.

Kentucky is not a test. They are marginally better than a team we beat by 3 touchdowns with our qb throwing 40%. If it is, we aren't going to be nearly as good as we think. Next week is not a test either. The first real test is Auburn. I'm basing this on watching us dominate inferior opponents while they struggle to beat a terrible Central Michigan team and a Florida team that is about as good as K State. If I'm incorrect in that thinking, we are an 8-4 team. I highly doubt we are an 8-4 team.

thf24
09-19-2018, 02:42 PM

Last year doesn't not exist. Each football season and team doesn't live in its own vacuum.

There's a reason most good statistical prediction models heavily factor in returning starters. It's not the end-all-be-all, but it's far from meaningless.

TUSK
09-19-2018, 02:45 PM

When does my Bammer -17 @ OM wager pay out?*

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 02:49 PM
When does my Bammer -17 @ OM wager pay out?*

It was Bama -71. You aren't supposed to talk about Bama football for a year. Sorry.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 02:52 PM
Who knows it might be, it might not be. Tell me why it is.

I could write you a novel here but I'll just keep it simple for you. We have better players and a better coach than the 2014 team. That said even with this being our best team ever I don't see us beating a full strength Bama. We need Jeudy, Tua and Harris to get lost at the strip club in the Ozarks.

TrapGame
09-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Kentucky is not a test. They are marginally better than a team we beat by 3 touchdowns with our qb throwing 40%. If it is, we aren't going to be nearly as good as we think. Next week is not a test either. The first real test is Auburn. I'm basing this on watching us dominate inferior opponents while they struggle to beat a terrible Central Michigan team and a Florida team that is about as good as K State. If I'm incorrect in that thinking, we are an 8-4 team. I highly doubt we are an 8-4 team.

Beyond the first quarter Kentucky should not be a close game.

TUSK
09-19-2018, 02:56 PM
It was Bama -71. You aren't supposed to talk about Bama football for a year. Sorry.

Damn that dyslexia!!!!

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 05:18 PM
I could write you a novel here but I'll just keep it simple for you. We have better players and a better coach than the 2014 team. That said even with this being our best team ever I don't see us beating a full strength Bama. We need Jeudy, Tua and Harris to get lost at the strip club in the Ozarks.

What makes you think they are better? Any measurable evidence or is it opinion? You may be right about 2014, but I'm not sure they are our best ever. We do have an undefeated SEC champ back there. I know, I know, today's teams would beat the brakes off them, but you judge them by their competition. Everything you are saying here may very well turn out to happen.....but what I'm saying is it hasn't happened yet.

Turfdawg67
09-19-2018, 07:11 PM

That's fine, a whole lot of us have seen major disappointments over the years and understand your sentiment. The main issue is that you HAVE to comment about it in most threads. So either you are purposely trying to be the "turd in the punch bowl" or you are looking for a "see I told you so" moment.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 07:24 PM
That's fine, a whole lot of us have seen major disappointments over the years and understand your sentiment. The main issue is HAVE to comment about it in most threads. So either you are purposely trying to be the "turd in the punch bowl" or you are looking for a "see I told you so" moment.

Nope, my guess is that if/when we lose I'll be in here defending the team and coaches. It's never as bad, or as good, as it seems, not normally. There are some here that know I'm not lying on this. I haven't even said you guys are wrong. Somehow that seems to get lost.

Bean
09-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Yo, this Kentucky team is no ?99 Vandy.

Bean
09-19-2018, 08:42 PM
Beyond the first quarter Kentucky should not be a close game.

Wish I were half as confident. What makes u think they won’t be in the game. We haven’t played any competition to speak of and that makes out qb throwing 40% that much more worrisome

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 08:51 PM
We haven’t played any competition to speak of and that makes out qb throwing 40% that much more worrisome

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60268879.jpg

Nick Fitzgerald 25 for 48 397 yards 52.1% 4 tds also 34 carries for 266 yards and another 4 tds 7.8 yds per carry avg

Charlee08
09-19-2018, 09:17 PM
You guys ever think Drake Jackson isn’t poking the bear and actually doesn’t know who Kylin Hill is? Dude is our starting center. He doesn’t watch any film on MSU’s offense.

Benny Snell said he was confident they could run on anyone and credited your guys defense right after that. Hill was the one who took to Twitter and got the ball rolling on the bulletin board material. Probably why his tweet got deleted.

LC Dawg
09-19-2018, 09:22 PM
You guys ever think Drake Jackson isn?t poking the bear and actually doesn?t know who Kylin Hill is? Dude is our starting center. He doesn?t watch any film on MSU?s offense.

Benny Snell said he was confident they could run on anyone and credited your guys defense right after that. Hill was the one who took to Twitter and got the ball rolling on the bulletin board material. Probably why his tweet got deleted.

Enjoy it while you can. MOST of us are secure in our knowledge that we are going to whip your hillbilly asses.

Charlee08
09-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Enjoy it while you can. MOST of us are secure in our knowledge that we are going to whip your hillbilly asses.

We’ve played you guys tough the past several meetings in Lexington. Played awful during those same years in Starkville, but we’ve historically always have been bad on the road against SEC west teams. This UK team actually has depth on both sides of the ball for the first time under Stoops. It’s going to be a good game.

TrapGame
09-19-2018, 10:04 PM
We’ve played you guys tough the past several meetings in Lexington. Played awful during those same years in Starkville, but we’ve historically always have been bad on the road against SEC west teams. This UK team actually has depth on both sides of the ball for the first time under Stoops. It’s going to be a good game.

$10 tickets at an East Kentucky Walmart tomorrow. Just FYI.

LC Dawg
09-19-2018, 10:05 PM

I'd love to come to Lexington one day because I've heard it's a great trip. I hate that I can't go this year because I think we'll get an easy win. I'm pretty confident we win by at least 20. We just have that much more talent than you guys. You should be able to relate because of your basketball team.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 10:16 PM

State is just antsy to play a tough game. We haven't been tested yet in 2018. Unfortunately for you Kentucky gets us when we are at our cockiest all year. We were this way right before the UGA game last year too after we slaughtered LSU 37-7. If it was later in the year and we'd been humbled by a team we wouldn't be so loud but that hasn't happened yet so you get to enjoy the full brunt. Have fun with it. Florida gets it even worse next week.

Bean
09-19-2018, 10:19 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/60268879.jpg

Nick Fitzgerald 25 for 48 397 yards 52.1% 4 tds also 34 carries for 266 yards and another 4 tds 7.8 yds per carry avg

Against cupcakes..... good game vs a sorry Louisiana defense overshadows an 11-27 passing game against K-State

TUSK
09-19-2018, 10:21 PM
State is just antsy to play a tough game. We haven't been tested yet in 2018. Unfortunately for you Kentucky gets us when we are at our cockiest all year. We were this way right before the UGA game last year too after we slaughtered LSU 37-7. If it was later in the year and we'd been humbled by a team we wouldn't be so loud but that hasn't happened yet so you get to enjoy the full brunt. Have fun with it. Florida gets it even worse next week.

What’s your “give or take” on the KY game, pray tell?

Charlee08
09-19-2018, 10:26 PM
I'd love to come to Lexington one day because I've heard it's a great trip. I hate that I can't go this year because I think we'll get an easy win. I'm pretty confident we win by at least 20. We just have that much more talent than you guys. You should be able to relate because of your basketball team.

Lexington when Keeneland is open is a must during football season.

I do think you guys win, but I think it’ll be a great game. If we keep it close all game and get out without any injuries then I’ll take it. You guys, Georgia, and A&M are our toughest games this season. I’d love to steal one of these games, but the odds aren’t in our favor.

msstate7
09-19-2018, 10:28 PM
Against cupcakes

Fitz is 55.1% comp for his career. He's 31/47 (66.0%) passing against Kentucky with 2 td in his career. His real damage vs Kentucky is on the ground though... 28 carries 225 yards 4 td

Bean
09-19-2018, 10:38 PM
Fitz is 55.1% comp for his career. He's 31/47 (66.0%) passing against Kentucky with 2 td in his career. His real damage vs Kentucky is on the ground though... 28 carries 225 yards 4 td
I’m just saying, we are all sure of a blowout. The Kentucky defense is much improved and has depth at every spot. The last couple of years do not matter at all just ask Florida. Hopefully the players are not as cocky as the fans here or we are coming home with a big fat L

msstate7
09-19-2018, 10:42 PM
I’m just saying, we are all sure of a blowout. The Kentucky defense is much improved and has depth at every spot. The last couple of years do not matter at all just ask Florida. Hopefully the players are not as cocky as the fans here or we are coming home with a big fat L

Does being "cocky" work against both teams? Seems the underdog is quite cocky too. Let's just assume both teams are cocky... I'll go with the more talented team, and that's state, by far

Commercecomet24
09-19-2018, 10:51 PM
Does being "cocky" work against both teams? Seems the underdog is quite cocky too. Let's just assume both teams are cocky... I'll go with the more talented team, and that's state, by far

Yep! Keep bringing it, 7!

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 10:58 PM
What?s your ?give or take? on the KY game, pray tell?

The line is 10. I think State wins by 24+. Kentucky isn't used to this new look State offense and Snell won't be able to run on our front 7.

Lord McBuckethead
09-20-2018, 11:23 PM
Lexington when Keeneland is open is a must during football season.

I do think you guys win, but I think it?ll be a great game. If we keep it close all game and get out without any injuries then I?ll take it. You guys, Georgia, and A&M are our toughest games this season. I?d love to steal one of these games, but the odds aren?t in our favor.

Steal the aTm game. Leave ours alone.
I too hope it's a good game and everyone comes out unscathed.
Worst thing is an injury that railroads your season. Hope you guys cough up the ball 7 times Saturday but then go on to win every game after that by 2 TDS.

Dental Dawg33
09-21-2018, 07:35 AM

No

Jarius
09-21-2018, 07:37 AM
I?m just saying, we are all sure of a blowout. The Kentucky defense is much improved and has depth at every spot. The last couple of years do not matter at all just ask Florida. Hopefully the players are not as cocky as the fans here or we are coming home with a big fat L

Kentucky is not improved on defense. They are exactly what they were last year. We are going to score 40 on them, just like we always do. Central Michigan gave them all they wanted for Christ sake.

Bully13
09-21-2018, 07:50 AM

While it is true that anything can happen when you take your opponent for granted, JOMO has shown so far that he knows bettern that. He and his team have brought the wood all 3 games so far. No reason to think or assume he's gonna quit that.

Negative Waves
09-21-2018, 08:26 AM
Kentucky is the same team they were last year but with a slightly better QB. This is the same song and dance we heard last year going into our game with them. They were 5-1 with a loss to Florida in a game they should have won. I believe they had a 10 point lead late in that game and let the name on the helmet get to them. I've watched all three games, and they remind me of us in 2012. They've beaten a big name team that is down and now think they can beat the big dogs. If we don't turn the ball over and not suffer catastrophic injuries, we should beat UK by 3 scores minimum.

Bully13
09-21-2018, 09:18 AM
Kentucky is the same team they were last year but with a slightly better QB. This is the same song and dance we heard last year going into our game with them. They were 5-1 with a loss to Florida in a game they should have won. I believe they had a 10 point lead late in that game and let the name on the helmet get to them. I've watched all three games, and they remind me of us in 2012. They've beaten a big name team that is down and now think they can beat the big dogs. If we don't turn the ball over and not suffer catastrophic injuries, we should beat UK by 3 scores minimum.

Agreed, good post. solid. and btw, EXCELLENT user name dude. GREAT Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu2ug--bFPI

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Wish I were half as confident. What makes u think they won?t be in the game. We haven?t played any competition to speak of and that makes out qb throwing 40% that much more worrisome

But K State was considered good competition before the season.

Let guess, once we dismantle Kentucky tomorrow, we will have still not played good competition

Jack Lambert
09-21-2018, 09:26 AM
I don't think this team is going to over look anyone. They are all veterans and they know they can have a really good season. They are not going to let it slip away regardless. They might get beat but it will not be from over looking someone.

TrapGame
09-21-2018, 09:39 AM
I don't think this team is going to over look anyone. They are all veterans and they know they can have a really good season. They are not going to let it slip away regardless. They might get beat but it will not be from over looking someone.

If need be Nick will put this team on his back and break Kentucky's heart. Think about Nick's performances during the BYU and UK losses in '16. He willed us back to win these games only to have Sirmon flush them down the toilet. Nick's a baller, period.

Johnson85
09-21-2018, 09:46 AM
We?ve played you guys tough the past several meetings in Lexington. Played awful during those same years in Starkville, but we?ve historically always have been bad on the road against SEC west teams. This UK team actually has depth on both sides of the ball for the first time under Stoops. It?s going to be a good game.

Our 2016 team wasn't very good. Y'all did overperform in 2014. In 2012, we beat a bad UK team by 13 when we weren't that good. In 2010, we only won by 7 with a pretty good team.

I think this will be the best UK team we've played in a long time, and I would not be shocked at all to see UK cover. Every team is going to have conference games on the road where they just don't play well and if we play poorly, we won't cover. But I'm thinking we will win handily unless we are bit with turnovers. UK's new QB is a big upgrade, but I just don't see anywhere that is a good matchup for y'all. Your strength is still running the ball and that shoudl be hard to do against us. While y'all's defense is fine, even if Fitz is off passing, I think we can jam it down UK's throat running.

Johnson85
09-21-2018, 09:48 AM
But K State was considered good competition before the season.

Let guess, once we dismantle Kentucky tomorrow, we will have still not played good competition

Depends on what you call good. Both KState and UK are solid teams. Not good but not cupcakes. When you're talking about being a top 15 team, there just aren't going to be many games on your schedule that tell you how good you are (they can tell if you are worse than believed, but they can't really confirm how good you are). We have A&M, Auburn, LSU, and Bama on our schedule to tell us how good we are (I think in that order although maybe A&M should be higher).