PDA

View Full Version : Who?

BrunswickDawg
09-18-2018, 06:55 PM
My daughter sent me this tonight - apparently the Lodge is selling them.

Gotta love it

https://i.postimg.cc/SR9TWj6B/EEF68853-3_B38-4957-8_E0_F-_F9_ABE7465_C88.jpg

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2018, 07:11 PM
In a couple years those will be in orange and blue.

jbjones
09-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Funny, but I'd prefer shirts that promote Coach Moorhead and our team than taking shots at some dickhead that we only play once this year.

BrunswickDawg
09-18-2018, 07:43 PM
Funny, but I'd prefer shirts that promote Coach Moorhead and our team than taking shots at some dickhead that we only play once this year.
Well they do have a Moor Cowbell thing going that's pretty good...

I don't know if it's still a thing or not - but back in the early 90s the Lodge or Univeristy Screenprint would do a custom t-shirt making a dig at every team we played. I used to have a great OM shirt that had a pic of the 3 Stooges playing football with "Brewer, Dunn, Tuberville - 3 Stooges of Ole Miss Football" on it.

viverlibre
09-18-2018, 07:46 PM

Exactly.

We should treat Dan like any other visiting coach.

Personally, I appreciate what all Dan accomplished. The foundation of just about everything we have now was laid by Mullen. Plus Mullen left the program in great shape after taking over a complete dumpster fire from Croom. Mullen accomplished more than JWS, who never faced Saban at Bama, and JWS did not have to complete against the monsters that AU and LSU were during Mullen's tenure (plus TAMU wasn't in the league in the JWS days). The East was the better division during most of the 90s.

Behrdawg
09-18-2018, 08:00 PM
I find this to be classless. Mullen is the best thing that happened to MSU. He deserves respect and appreciation for a job wel done. Yes- I'm glad he is gone because I believe he was tapped out, but no need in acting like a bunch of donkeys over him leaving.

jbjones
09-18-2018, 08:00 PM
Well they do have a Moor Cowbell thing going that's pretty good...

I don't know if it's still a thing or not - but back in the early 90s the Lodge or Univeristy Screenprint would do a custom t-shirt making a dig at every team we played. I used to have a great OM shirt that had a pic of the 3 Stooges playing football with "Brewer, Dunn, Tuberville - 3 Stooges of Ole Miss Football" on it.

Haha..I remember that one. I'm not against the single-game shirts...it just seems this one is low hanging fruit. Easy-money, rather than focusing on what's really important.

Dawg2003
09-18-2018, 08:06 PM
That's cringeworthy. All it does is show Mullen that people are still obsessed with him. It's like people that get dumped and try to make their ex jealous, but the ex has already moved on. It's just sad and cringeworthy to everyone else.

Dawg2003
09-18-2018, 08:08 PM
I find this to be classless. Mullen is the best thing that happened to MSU. He deserves respect and appreciation for a job wel done. Yes- I'm glad he is gone because I believe he was tapped out, but no need in acting like a bunch of donkeys over him leaving.

I agree. The man pulled our program out of the cellar. He may have been as ass at times and done some questionable things on his way out, but we were prepared to pay him a lot of money to stay.

Liverpooldawg
09-18-2018, 08:11 PM

Yep.

Bothrops
09-18-2018, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't wear it.

klong-dog
09-18-2018, 08:39 PM
That's cringeworthy. All it does is show Mullen that people are still obsessed with him. It's like people that get dumped and try to make their ex jealous, but the ex has already moved on. It's just sad and cringeworthy to everyone else.

My thoughts as well. He will eat all of that attention up. I'd rather the crowd not even boo him Sat cause I know his head will swell.

MetEdDawg
09-18-2018, 08:44 PM

This all day.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2018, 09:04 PM

It's not that he left. It's how he left. I have no ill feelings towards Grantham because he left the right way, and by all reports the players have no ill will either against him. Now Mullen on the other hand...

Bully13
09-18-2018, 09:11 PM
I think the shirt is ghey. so are Dan's "grinding grunts" in front of the camera. Time to move on, whip his ass and compete for the West while Mullen drowns at the annual cocktail party smirking at the same time.

ZedFedder
09-18-2018, 09:17 PM
Yeah this is dumb. The shirt itself defeats the message on it. “Dan Who?” Oh you mean the guy who you’ve thought about enough to make shirts and sell them but you don’t know who he is? Yeaaah

tireddawg
09-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Not my thing.

Behrdawg
09-19-2018, 07:42 AM
It's not that he left. It's how he left. I have no ill feelings towards Grantham because he left the right way, and by all reports the players have no ill will either against him. Now Mullen on the other hand...

Cry me a river. It's business and we got the better deal with Moorhead

LC Dawg
09-19-2018, 07:47 AM
The only people that shirt benefits is whoever owns The Lodge and Dan Mullen's ego.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Cry me a river. It's business and we got the better deal with Moorhead

It is a business....and we THINK we got the better deal. We really don't know that for sure yet.

WSOPdawg
09-19-2018, 08:20 AM

Yep, I appreciate everything he did to raise our program back to respectability. I just wonder if 15-20 years down the road, Mullen will regain the favor of State fans (similar to Jackie today). I'm thinking it's going to be difficult b/c Sherrill didn't leave on his accord whereas Mullen jumped shipped on arguably our most talented team ever.

BeardoMSU
09-19-2018, 08:39 AM
It's how he left.

Yeah, that asshole left us with a full cupboard of talented players that could springboard his successor into potentially the best year of football in our program's history; That bastard!!*

He could've bailed after a 5-7 season with nothing coming back, limiting our ability to hire a great replacement (because who wants to deal with a rebuild).....but he didn't. Yeah, I wish he handled it better, but breakups are never fun (never), and as Behrdawg said, Dan was tapped out and it was time for a change (for both parties involved).

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 08:40 AM
It is a business....and we THINK we got the better deal. We really don't know that for sure yet.

We know. You don't.

msu15
09-19-2018, 08:57 AM
Love it, **** that prick

smootness
09-19-2018, 09:00 AM
This is dumb, I really hope we don't have a bunch of people wearing them next Saturday.

Dawgology
09-19-2018, 09:03 AM
Yeah, that asshole left us with a full cupboard of talented players that could springboard his successor into potentially the best year of football in our program's history; That bastard!!*

He could've bailed after a 5-7 season with nothing coming back, limiting our ability to hire a great replacement (because who wants to deal with a rebuild).....but he didn't. Yeah, I wish he handled it better, but breakups are never fun (never), and as Behrdawg said, Dan was tapped out and it was time for a change (for both parties involved).

This!! I can say that I was happy to see Dan go...it was time. He wanted and our program was ready for a breath of fresh air. That being said: he left our program in EXCELLeNT shape on his was out the door. Sure, he left in true Mullen fashion and we were all butthurt of Fitz's ankle and the Egg Bowl loss...but it was time. He knew it and we knew it. He left our program better than it was we he got it. No other football coach has done that here. Not even the Kang.

Those shirts are in poor tastes.

MadDawg
09-19-2018, 09:13 AM
We know. You don't.

https://i.postimg.cc/NfB3c8YZ/good-grief-gif-9.gif

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 09:27 AM
We know. You don't.

The proof is in the results. WE will see. That "WE" includes you. So far so good is all anyone, including you, can actually "know." I also happen to THINK we got the best end of the deal. But there is no possible way to "know" right now.

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 09:30 AM
The proof is in the results. WE will see. That "WE" includes you. So far so good is all anyone, including you, can actually "know." I also happen to THINK we got the best end of the deal. But there is no possible way to "know" right now.

You aren't paying attention. Perhaps you're thinking about european soccer when you watch MSU football. Idk.

tcdog70
09-19-2018, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;994401]You aren't paying attention. Perhaps you're thinking about european soccer when you watch MSU football. Idk.[/QUOTS

Some MSU fans love the WOE IS ME---$hit-- get your heads out of the sand and enjoy the best team we have ever Had. I know we are better with JoMo than Cousin Eddie.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 12:59 PM
You aren't paying attention. Perhaps you're thinking about european soccer when you watch MSU football. Idk.

LOL. You know nothing at all about that. On MSU/Moorhead you MAY be right, I THINK you are.....but there is know way to know for sure yet. 3 games isn't enough sample size.

Liverpooldawg
09-19-2018, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;994401]You aren't paying attention. Perhaps you're thinking about european soccer when you watch MSU football. Idk.[/QUOTS

Some MSU fans love the WOE IS ME---$hit-- get your heads out of the sand and enjoy the best team we have ever Had. I know we are better with JoMo than Cousin Eddie.

So this team is going undefeated and will win the SEC?

Dawg61
09-19-2018, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE=Dawg61;994401][/QUOTS

[QUOTE=tcdog70;994433]

Why does this shit always happen. First poster 17s up the quote button by not paying attention and then it starts a chain of quote laziness.

tcdog70
09-19-2018, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=tcdog70;994433]

So this team is going undefeated and will win the SEC?

until, I see otherwise-I think this team can win them all. I think we are better than last year. if the Refs don't screw us and Dan doesn't piss his pants and forget to Coach the last quarter--we could have beaten Bama last year. Who has a better front when considering both Ol and DL ? That is where the game is won. QB--we have one--a damn good one. Last year our wideouts were below average--we fixed that problem. we are 3 deep at running back. On defense our front 7 -might be the best in football--with McLaurin and Abrams playing lights out. If our CBs and just be OK, then out defense is hell-on -wheels. Washington has stepped up to provide depth at LB, where we are pretty damn skippy. Brian Cole and Rivers have added 2 more all-sec type players to our defense. Am I wooly--damn right--till the Dogs prove otherwise.

Covercorner2
09-19-2018, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=Liverpooldawg;994502]

until, I see otherwise-I think this team can win them all. I think we are better than last year. if the Refs don't screw us and Dan doesn't piss his pants and forget to Coach the last quarter--we could have beaten Bama last year. Who has a better front when considering both Ol and DL ? That is where the game is won. QB--we have one--a damn good one. Last year our wideouts were below average--we fixed that problem. we are 3 deep at running back. On defense our front 7 -might be the best in football--with McLaurin and Abrams playing lights out. If our CBs and just be OK, then out defense is hell-on -wheels. Washington has stepped up to provide depth at LB, where we are pretty damn skippy. Brian Cole and Rivers have added 2 more all-sec type players to our defense. Am I wooly--damn right--till the Dogs prove otherwise.

This guy gets it. When you have the running game and front 7 we have, you can win every game.

Bully13
09-19-2018, 02:12 PM
this thread got 17'd up and now whose posting / replying is ??