PDA

View Full Version : I Really Like How This Kentucky Game Sets-Up

ShotgunDawg
09-18-2018, 09:33 AM
When looking at the schedule before the season, it seemed like this Kentucky game could be somewhat of a trap game since we lost there last time & even the 2014 team struggled there before pulling away late.

That being said, I like where we are going into this matchup:

- The Benny Snell/ Kylin Hill spat has insured that we are emotionally engaged.

- We've had a really good running game(K-State) & a really good passing game (ULL.) Seems like we could be close to clicking & it wouldn't shock me for that happen this week.

- Moorhead's offense began to hit it's stride in game 4 at Penn State, & it seems as if we are close.

- While good, the defense kind of took a week off last week & Benny Snell has challenged them.

- I love how the media is pumping Kentucky in this game. It will look super impressive when the we blow the door off them.

- We are way to good in the trenches for Kentucky. MSU 42- Kentucky 13

BeardoMSU
09-18-2018, 09:36 AM
I can see our front 7 being more motivated than Kylin, tbh. That's not a group of guys I'd want to shit talk to, personally, lol.

TrapGame
09-18-2018, 09:47 AM
I can see our front 7 being more motivated than Kylin, tbh. That's not a group of guys I'd want to shit talk to, personally, lol.

Benny should have kept his mouth shut. If I'm Shoop I get the entire defense in the video room and play the Snell clip then ask them, "What y'all gonna do?".

WSOPdawg
09-18-2018, 10:13 AM
I saw Snell's comments but what did Kylin reply with? What's the spat?

Dental Dawg33
09-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Hill sent back a bunch of laughing emojis ���������� in response to his tweet. I feel like the laughing emojis were geared more towards his “run on an NFL team comment” but that comment gets left out by most of the media outlets

smootness
09-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Hill sent back a bunch of laughing emojis ���������� in response to his tweet. I feel like the laughing emojis were geared more towards his “run on an NFL team comment” but that comment gets left out by most of the media outlets

Then Benny Hill responded (though not directly) by saying 'You a clown on the internet. I show up in real life.'

I had to search to figure out what was happening, and all I saw came from Kentucky sites. They are all over it, State couldn't care less. That tells you about all you need to know. They see this as a big match-up, we don't really care about it. We'll destroy them, Snell will be ok, Hill will run all over them, and no one will care about any of this.

RougeDawg
09-18-2018, 10:21 AM
We are gonna roll them up faster than you can spell Benny. Probably be a 52-14 type game. With them getting a late TD to get 14.

Is the media really this stupid or are they just trolling people? Kentucky is a lower tier SEC team that beat a shitty Florida team. I just wonder how many seasons it takes them to realize that our program is the same with or without DM post 2013. He did more To actually hold us back after 2013 than he did to help us. Why is this so difficult to comprehend? Playing Perk over Jrob and Holloway over Aeris are just two that come to mind of DM doing less with more.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2018, 10:48 AM
Hill is gonna look like Josh Robinson in 14 and Boobie in 09. Still the top two rushing performances I've ever seen out of an MSU back

BeardoMSU
09-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Then Benny Hill responded (though not directly) by saying 'You a clown on the internet. I show up in real life.'

I had to search to figure out what was happening, and all I saw came from Kentucky sites. They are all over it, State couldn't care less. That tells you about all you need to know. They see this as a big match-up, we don't really care about it. We'll destroy them, Snell will be ok, Hill will run all over them, and no one will care about any of this.

Perfect synopsis.

msbulldog
09-18-2018, 12:07 PM

Ain't that the truth! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BeardoMSU again.

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2018, 12:50 PM
Not only that, but

We get FL the week after they have to play TN on the road
We get LSU the week after they have to play GA and we have a bye week
We get aTm at home coming off a bye game for aTm
We get a cupcake the week before Alabama They have to play LSU the week before.
We get UM the week after we play Ark at home.

Hopefully this all puts in better positions than years past.

starkvegasdawg
09-18-2018, 01:02 PM
What benny boy is failing to mention is if you base performance on YPA then he would be the third best rusher on our team behind Hill and Fitz.

BrunswickDawg
09-18-2018, 01:05 PM
Snell talks a lot of smack for a guy that this defense held to 18 yards on 7 carries last year.

TrapGame
09-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Snell talks a lot of smack for a guy that this defense held to 18 yards on 7 carries last year.

When the reporter brought that up he said he didn't get a lot of touches in that game. Sure Benny.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2018, 01:20 PM
When the reporter brought that up he said he didn't get a lot of touches in that game. Sure Benny.

He won't get many touches this year either when they're down 30 in the 3rd quarter again

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2018, 01:21 PM
He will do better this year, but hopefully we keep him around 60.

NWADAWG
09-18-2018, 01:23 PM
I also like that we should be able to win the next two games easily without having to show all of our hand. I'm not sure how much more Moorhead has scheme wise or how much we continue to add but we shouldn't have to show it until auburn.

StarkVegasSteve
09-18-2018, 01:23 PM
If I was Stoops I'd be having a serious talk with Snell, this was a game most in the media expected us to overlook and them take advantage of that. Now that he's ran his mouth, I have no doubt Benny Snell and their whole team will have our undivided attention

Captain Falcon
09-18-2018, 01:29 PM
You just see this kind of talk blow up in the smack talking team’s face more often than not. I think of Bama vs. Vandy last year, or the year a Mizzou player said Georgia played “old man football” and then UGA crushed them on their home field. Snell is a good player, but he may have just made his and his o-line’s life a lot harder.

Kingbarkus
09-18-2018, 01:33 PM
The schedule sets up beautifully for us. We already played a decent team on the road. We ramp up with a decent UK team on the road in what should be a hostile SEC atmosphere, but nothing like we will see in Baton Rouge. Our new offense should be in high gear for Auburn, lsu, and A&M. It doesn't mean we will win all these games, but I like the set up.

Re getting into the trash talk with UK and getting fired up, bring it on...just get Abrams out of it. They guy needs to avoid another targeting penalty.

Dawg2003
09-18-2018, 05:43 PM
The media just hypes this stuff up to get ratings. They want to make it seem like it's some big contested game, so people will watch.