PDA

View Full Version : Josh Gordon and the Cowboys

Matt3467
09-17-2018, 06:33 PM
Reports saying that the Patriots have picked up Gordon. I can't believe the Cowboys didn't do all they could to go after him. They have no deep threat at WR. It was obvious when Dak attempted to throw a fade in the corner of the end zone last night to 5'8 Cole Beasley.

Mutt the Hoople
09-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Jerry Jones doesn't want a championship team. He knows that he has the wealthiest sports franchise in the world, and it'll stay that way whether they win a championship or go 8-8.

Winning a championship is very hard, but going 8-8 is a lot easier. Jerruh still hasn't forgiven Dak Prescott for leading the Cowboys to a 13-3 record, and he's doing everything possible to make sure Dak doesn't get a huge pay raise when his rookie contract is up.

Dawgowar
09-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Jerry Jones doesn't want a championship team. He knows that he has the wealthiest sports franchise in the world, and it'll stay that way whether they win a championship or go 8-8.

Winning a championship is very hard, but going 8-8 is a lot easier. Jerruh still hasn't forgiven Dak Prescott for leading the Cowboys to a 13-3 record, and he's doing everything possible to make sure Dak doesn't get a huge pay raise when his rookie contract is up.

And the will have about 50-60 mil UNDER the cap next season. If Dak overcomes this Sabotage they can pay him. If not they can Garret for another puppet and ‘rebuild’. Dak gets kicked to the curb

Homedawg
09-17-2018, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't touch Gordon. So in this case I agree w Jerry and Stephen

Commercecomet24
09-17-2018, 08:02 PM
The pats are in an almost no lose situation. A 5th round draft pick and if Gordon's not active for at least 10 games the pats get a conditional pick back. Shrewd move by the Pats.

Cooterpoot
09-17-2018, 08:11 PM
Gordon was so cheap Dallas should’ve tried. Nothing lost if he’s a bust.

Dawgowar
09-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Not like Jerry has an aversion to wasting higher picks than a conditional 5th on weed smokers, bad knees, and the like.

Bully13
09-18-2018, 07:54 AM

I'll never forget watching Jerruh a few years back on t.v. where he said that as an owner with a GM that has done as poorly as he had done, he would have fired himself long ago. 17 Him.

Homedawg
09-18-2018, 08:11 AM

This makes no sense. None. The problems they've had in the past, and somewhat presently, is due to the cap. Its not like they've been below the cap just saving away where Jerry can get rich. He's making bank either way. They have cleared up some of that for next year. But that's quickly going away. This isn't a case of the Miami Marlins going cheap to make money. Dak is going to get a new deal. How much remains to be seen. But rest assured he's going to get one.

Bully13
09-18-2018, 10:05 PM
And now I'm hearing the Boys just picked up a WR who used to be on the Cowboys but flopped at AZ. WTF?