PDA

View Full Version : Another "Fins" WR bust

coastratdog
09-17-2018, 04:21 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/laquon-treadwell-survives-viking-purge-for-now/

Next Jr. High coach in Mississippi.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2018, 04:29 PM
I still don't understand how that guy was a first round pick. He didn't have game breaking speed, he wasn't a great route runner(He only ran bubble screens or fades at unm) and he wasn't shifty or agile. Only thing he could really do well was get jump balls. I guess he made him some money though. Way to develop those 5 star guys unm. SMH

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-17-2018, 04:39 PM
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/17/laquon-treadwell-survives-viking-purge-for-now/

But yet the top Mississippi receivers can't wait to get to a place where receivers are NOT DEVELOPED FOR THE NFL? Hell Treadwell was a 5* WR and look at him now.

msstate7
09-17-2018, 04:50 PM
Wonder if this weighs on nfl teams thinking about AJ Brown. AJ has played 5 games vs LSU and bama (nfl level DBs)... here's his stats: 11 rec 127 yds 1 td. That's 2.2 rec 25.4 yds per game

Tbonewannabe
09-17-2018, 05:45 PM
I still don't understand how that guy was a first round pick. He didn't have game breaking speed, he wasn't a great route runner(He only ran bubble screens or fades at unm) and he wasn't shifty or agile. Only thing he could really do well was get jump balls. I guess he made him some money though. Way to develop those 5 star guys unm. SMH

He was only good when he could just out athlete DBs.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2018, 05:56 PM
He was only good when he could just out athlete DBs.

Exactly. He just never looked like a game changing nfl wr.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-17-2018, 06:35 PM
Treadwell had 23 yards receiving. It's odd that they would be disappointed after he had a career day. *****

lastmajordog
09-17-2018, 06:44 PM
delete

Mutt the Hoople
09-17-2018, 07:16 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnQiapXVAAApStR?format=jpg&name=small

Lord McBuckethead
09-18-2018, 08:28 AM
Truth is, we counted him as a bust like 4 times now. Poor guy just doesn't understand the game. Mostly because he went to a place where they just ran screens and crossing routes until a db fell down.

Johnson85
09-18-2018, 08:33 AM

There was talk at the time about how bad a draft it was for wide receivers. Vikings reached and used a first round pick for what looked like a possession receiver.

I am shocked at how bad he is though. In college, he was very good at out muscling DBs. And it seemed like he worked hard coming off of his injury. I didn't think he was athletic enough to be a game changer in the NFL, but I really thought he would work hard and learn how to run routes and be strong enough that he would be a solid possession receiver. Really didn't expect him to be a bust like this.

RougeDawg
09-18-2018, 10:56 AM
That ?Heave and hope? offense doesn?t translate well to big boy football. If our coaches can?t capitalize on all of this, we never will be able to pull away from them. They are the laughing stock of the SEC (barring Arkansas) and are developing 1sr round 5 star talent into grocery baggers. How every program around doesn?t drain them dry, is mind boggling. Money, blow and puss can only go so far. As an athlete you should ultimately want to win and take it to next level.

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 01:25 PM
Treadwell is a byproduct of hype and media exposure. Goes to show that you can have everyone brag about you and most people gobble it up as truth because they can't identify good players themselves. Including some NFL scouts and personnel in charge of making draft picks. Then you have teams like the Patriots who can find value outta countless undrafted players because they can identify skill and use outta what other teams throw away as garbage.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 01:30 PM
Just as a side note Khalil Mack was rated a 2 star coming out of high school. He was so lowly rated he didn't even have a picture on the recruiting websites.

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Just as a side note Khalil Mack was rated a 2 star coming out of high school. He was so lowly rated he didn't even have a picture on the recruiting websites.

Funny thing about Mack is he has now totally flipped the script and he too is a byproduct of hype and media attention. He's a fantastic player don't get me wrong but ain't no way in hell he's gonna live up to that massive contract the Bears gave him. He'll live up to it for a little while but it's insane money that only two players in the entire league should ever see. Brady and Rodgers. Gruden is getting roasted for not paying him the all-time most money but I agree with Gruden. Raiders still gotta pay Carr his money too.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Funny thing about Mack is he has now totally flipped the script and he too is a byproduct of hype and media attention. He's a fantastic player don't get me wrong but ain't no way in hell he's gonna live up to that massive contract the Bears gave him. He'll live up to it for a little while but it's insane money that only two players in the entire league should ever see. Brady and Rodgers. Gruden is getting roasted for not paying him the all-time most money but I agree with Gruden. Raiders still gotta pay Carr his money too.

Yeah he's a game changer but DL's generally don't have long careers cause they just take to much punishment and that 6 years at 141 million is to long and to much for sure.

SailingDawg
09-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Speaking of Bears, what's Nkemdiche doing these days?

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 02:26 PM
Speaking of Bears, what's Nkemdiche doing these days?

Good question, is he even still in the league?

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Good question, is he even still in the league?

Yea he's a starting DT for the Cardinals

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 03:46 PM
Yea he's a starting DT for the Cardinals

That explains their 34-0 thrashing Sunday lol

viverlibre
09-18-2018, 06:52 PM
You can hate on UM and Treadwell all you want, but he was a first round pick and got paid (in college and the NFL!). You really can't fault UM, he was a first round pick out of there. The fact he didn't capitalize on it is not on them.

On the other hand, Mullen developed Dak into a 4th round pick...

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2018, 07:27 PM
You can hate on UM and Treadwell all you want, but he was a first round pick and got paid (in college and the NFL!). You really can't fault UM, he was a first round pick out of there. The fact he didn't capitalize on it is not on them.

So UM taught Treadwell to get paid, then suck at the job he is being paid to do.

And MSU taught Dak to work hard, give value to his employer, and earn his keep.

I'll teach my kids the latter.

Bully13
09-18-2018, 07:27 PM

Thanks for letting us all know we can hate on tsun all we want.

viverlibre
09-18-2018, 07:37 PM
So UM taught Treadwell to get paid, then suck at the job he is being paid to do.

And MSU taught Dak to work hard, give value to his employer, and earn his keep.

I'll teach my kids the latter.

They got Treadwell into the first round, what he does from there is on him, not them. Dak will never recoup the money he lost on his rookie deal, no matter his next contact.

What is our recruiting pitch? Don't go in UM, they develop their receivers into first rounders!

msstate7
09-18-2018, 07:43 PM
They got Treadwell into the first round, what he does from there is on him, not them. Dak will never recoup the money he lost on his rookie deal, no matter his next contact.

What is our recruiting pitch? Don't go in UM, they develop their receivers into first rounders!

How about come to state where you can be the next Cox, McKinney, Preston, or Chris jones?

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 07:52 PM

Accept they didn't develop him at all. The Vikings were stunned because he didn't even know the route tree. They didn't teach him anything.

viverlibre
09-18-2018, 08:45 PM
Accept they didn't develop him at all. The Vikings were stunned because he didn't even know the route tree. They didn't teach him anything.

Except they DID DEVELOP him into a first round pick.

If the Vikings did not watch tape or put him through a workout or properly evaluate him, that's on them.

That like saying it is Saban's fault that Trent Richardson was a bust.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-18-2018, 09:19 PM

If the Vikings did not watch tape or put him through a workout or properly evaluate him, that's on them.

I guess it comes down to the philosophy you live your life by. I don't want to be the Jamarcus Russell or Johnny Manziel of my profession. They were highly touted and highly paid, but screwed their employer by not producing to the level expected and compensated. That's Treadwell.

Then there is a Tom Brady. Not as highly touted, but proved to be a leader within the organization and earned the compensation that goes with it. If anything, outperformed the compensation. Made his employer's competitors say "I wish I had an employee like that". That's Dak.

So yeah, I still want a Dak over a Treadwell. I still want to develop a Dak over a Treadwell. I still want to be a Dak over a Treadwell.

Covercorner2
09-18-2018, 09:55 PM

I think the point you are missing is that he, along with many other (if not all), recently highly-ranked Ole Miss recruits have regressed (aka not developed) since they got to campus. Just compare their HS rankings vs. their draft position and where they are now.

Then do the same with State players and get back to us.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 10:01 PM

Dak will still be playing in 10 years and no one will remember who treadwell was. The fact is they didn't develop him to his potential that cannot be argued. He's a bust and it's because they taught him nothing.

Dawg61
09-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Only thing Ole Miss developed in regards to Treadwell was relationships with the media so they'd push his name on air. They do the same exact thing with The Grove and having the media constantly tout it as the mecca of cfb tailgating experiences. You can't turn on a game or read an article about Ole Miss without the media mentioning The Grove. That doesn't mean Ole Miss has developed the greatest tailgating experience on earth it means they have sucked enough media dick to get them all to say it is.

Commercecomet24
09-18-2018, 10:58 PM
Only thing Ole Miss developed in regards to Treadwell was relationships with the media so they'd push his name on air. They do the same exact thing with The Grove and having the media constantly tout it as the mecca of cfb tailgating experiences. You can't turn on a game or read an article about Ole Miss without the media mentioning The Grove. That doesn't mean Ole Miss has developed the greatest tailgating experience on earth it means they have sucked enough media dick to get them all to say it is.

Rep given!

TimberBeast
09-20-2018, 11:27 PM
I like this comment in the comments section:

“I heard that the Vikings tried to make Treadwell their new waterboy…but he kept on dropping the water.”

I doubt he’s made as much money with the Vikings yet that he did at om.