PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Video Review: FITZ!!!

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2018, 03:06 PM
As always, top shelf stuff here by Matt.

I see the world through maroon colored glasses, but, if Fitz throws the ball like this for the rest of the season, we are going 11-1 & Fitz is going somewhere in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft.

As good as Dak is/was, Fitz makes some throws in this game that I don’t think Dak could ever make. Next for Fitz comes just being consistent & doing this in big games. There is some Josh Allen quality arm strength on some of these babies. This game is the best I have seen Fitz throw the football in his career.

Putting these throws & Guidry taking the top off the defense on film could be invaluable to our running game in big games. Teams simply MUST respect Fitz’s arm strength & Guidry’s speed.

Just watching this makes me realize how huge this team’s ceiling is & we haven’t even put it all together yet.

https://youtu.be/6-Gga6z6-S8

FanninDawg
09-17-2018, 03:23 PM
I love the job Matt does! (Fitz ain't bad either...)

hacker
09-17-2018, 03:56 PM
🔥

Commercecomet24
09-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Great stuff! I love these breakdowns.

lastmajordog
09-17-2018, 06:42 PM
I really enjoyed that breakdown......wonderful job Matt....

Todd4State
09-17-2018, 08:16 PM
You can really see how good the offensive line is playing too. I thought they struggled in pass protection last week but this week they were on point.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2018, 08:58 PM
You can really see how good the offensive line is playing too. I thought they struggled in pass protection last week but this week they were on point.

How about how much more comfortable and slower Fritz's feet were in the pocket?

Crazy how much he improved this week.

Todd4State
09-17-2018, 09:11 PM
How about how much more comfortable and slower Fritz's feet were in the pocket?

Crazy how much he improved this week.

I have a feeling that Joe and Breiner may have had a come to Jesus with him. There was definitely an obvious emphasis on putting more air and touch on the ball this past week and it really showed. Fit can either throw the football 100 MPH and overthrow every one of our receivers and impress scouts with his raw talent- or he can actually start to do elite QB things and possibly have a chance to become a first round pick. Looks like they have convinced him to turn a new leaf.

And it wasn't just him- Aeris ran the ball MUCH harder than I ever have seen him before. All of a sudden he is a viable option for us and we may get him to reach the very top of his ceiling- which will take some of the workload off of Kylin. That definitely was a result in part of Joe benching him. And then keeping his promise of playing Aeris if he put the work in. That kind of thing helps build trust and respect from the players.

Then I mentioned the offensive line- they were outstanding at run blocking but if they can pass block just as well we're going to have one of the top two or three units in the league.

I think we're now at the point where we are going to see the TE's and RB's targeted even more in the passing game over the next week or two as this offense continues to develop.

Commercecomet24
09-17-2018, 09:23 PM
Joe is teaching our players what the meaning of "relentless effort" really means. Don't think we'll see to many half a** efforts or some of the give up we may have seen in the past.

TrapGame
09-17-2018, 09:27 PM
His throws were so much more tighter and precise. Throwing his man open away from coverage was spot on. I hope he can continue this against better defenses.

gravedigger
09-17-2018, 10:06 PM
I?ve been pretty critical of you from your head to head days, but you are now doing what you were called to do. Keep it up.

Hope you get the big gig one day. You deserve it.

These videos are what fans like us need.

Pit Bull
09-17-2018, 10:51 PM
As always, top shelf stuff here by Matt.

I see the world through maroon colored glasses, but, if Fitz throws the ball like this for the rest of the season, we are going 11-1 & Fitz is going somewhere in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft.

As good as Dak is/was, Fitz makes some throws in this game that I don’t think Dak could ever make. Next for Fitz comes just being consistent & doing this in big games. There is some Josh Allen quality arm strength on some of these babies. This game is the best I have seen Fitz throw the football in his career.

Putting these throws & Guidry taking the top off the defense on film could be invaluable to our running game in big games. Teams simply MUST respect Fitz’s arm strength & Guidry’s speed.

Just watching this makes me realize how huge this team’s ceiling is & we haven’t even put it all together yet.

https://youtu.be/6-Gga6z6-S8

Agree with everything except the part about Dak. Dak CAN make any throw Fitz can without doubt.

Todd4State
09-17-2018, 10:56 PM
Joe is teaching our players what the meaning of "relentless effort" really means. Don't think we'll see to many half a** efforts or some of the give up we may have seen in the past.

I bet it had to be frustrating to run a QB power on 3rd and 8 against Alabama and know that realistically it had about zero chance of working.

Todd4State
09-17-2018, 10:57 PM
Agree with everything except the part about Dak. Dak CAN make any throw Fitz can without doubt.

Nick has more physical and athletic talent than Dak.

Dak has more intangibles than Nick.

ShotgunDawg
09-17-2018, 11:21 PM

I think Dak maybe can now but he couldn't in college.

Even on the same throws though, Fitz will throw it with more velocity, which is also Fitz's problem at times.

BuckyIsAB****
09-17-2018, 11:34 PM
I think Dak maybe can now but he couldn't in college.

Even on the same throws though, Fitz will throw it with more velocity, which is also Fitz's problem at times.

Dak was pretty surgeon like his Sr year in the passing game. He just had one of the worst OL's in the history of the league blocking for him

Bully13
09-18-2018, 07:47 AM
I?ve been pretty critical of you from your head to head days, but you are now doing what you were called to do. Keep it up.

Hope you get the big gig one day. You deserve it.

These videos are what fans like us need.

Concur. As greedy as I am and want him all to ourselves, dude is developing into a guy that has the skills to move on to a high paying gig.

Bothrops
09-18-2018, 08:22 PM
Matt is better than anyone I've seen doing this kind of stuff.