PDA

View Full Version : Moved to 14th in the AP

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:14 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

A&M is now ranked at 22. Clemson 3rd (undeservedly best I can tell).

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 08:15 PM
The AP poll is way out of order.

In my SEC West thoughts post I address this

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:22 PM
The AP poll is way out of order.

In my SEC West thoughts post I address this

You did indeed, and I just got around to reading it. I pretty much agree but think LSU is better than you give them credit for. I don't think they're 6th though. And Notre Dame was only a dropped pass (that I thought he caught initially) from losing to Vanderbilt at home. I'm not sure they're even Top 20. But they have the "name" and will always be ranked high because of that.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Surprised nobody has mentioned it yet.

A&M is now ranked at 22. Clemson 3rd (undeservedly best I can tell).

Bama hasn't played a ranked team yet so they need someone to be ranked. It will be short lived for A&M.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 08:28 PM
You did indeed, and I just got around to reading it. I pretty much agree but think LSU is better than you give them credit for. I don't think they're 6th though. And Notre Dame was only a dropped pass (that I thought he caught initially) from losing to Vanderbilt at home. I'm not sure they're even Top 20. But they have the "name" and will always be ranked high because of that.

I think LSU is deserving of their ranking and good, but I just think they’re extremely flawed. On a scale of 0-10, LSU is a 7.5 but their ceiling is maybe an 8. MSU is playing like a 7.5 or 8 but has a ceiling of a 9. We can lose to LSU but our RBs and Fitz give us a higher ceiling.

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:31 PM
Bama hasn't played a ranked team yet so they need someone to be ranked. It will be short lived for A&M.

Clemson doensn't play a ranked team all year, and they came within a hair of losing to A&M. They're probably really about 15th.

A&M is now ranked 22nd. So they won't be ranked after this weekend.

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:34 PM
I think LSU is deserving of their ranking and good, but I just think they’re extremely flawed. On a scale of 0-10, LSU is a 7.5 but their ceiling is maybe an 8. MSU is playing like a 7.5 or 8 but has a ceiling of a 9. We can lose to LSU but our RBs and Fitz give us a higher ceiling.

That's fair enough. They did well against Auburn, and deserve a Top 10 at the moment. We don't really know how good we are yet. We really looked good Saturday night though, so there's not much reason to think that we're not Top 10. Just haven't proven it yet. Kentucky may be a bigger challenge ... if we blow them out, we'll move to the Top 10.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 08:37 PM
That's fair enough. They did well against Auburn, and deserve a Top 10 at the moment. We don't really know how good we are yet. We really looked good Saturday night though, so there's not much reason to think that we're not Top 10. Just haven't proven it yet. Kentucky may be a bigger challenge ... if we blow them out, we'll move to the Top 10.

We don’t know how good we’ll be yet, but I can tell you due the talent of our team and the components, about what our ceiling is. Whether we reach that or not is anyone’s guess.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 10:02 PM
It November yet?

Bully13
09-17-2018, 07:35 AM
If we'd beaten Miami & AU at this juncture, we'd all be talking final 4 right now. LSU is deserving of their rank at this point.

Dawg61
09-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Clemson's schedule is definitely not SEC tough but they will play I'm guessing 8 teams that will have been ranked at some point during the season. They lack top 15 games. The 8 games they'll play the teams will all be ranked 15-25 range. I don't think Oklahoma is gonna play enough good teams to leapfrog Clemson with Clemson being #2 for most the year. I think we already pretty much know who the 4 playoff teams are and it's Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson. Maybe Georgia's loss in the SECCG puts Oklahoma in over them but I still think UGA is gonna get in. CFB playoff is boring when we already know who the final 4 teams are pretty much after the 3rd week.

smootness
09-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Clemson's schedule is definitely not SEC tough but they will play I'm guessing 8 teams that will have been ranked at some point during the season. They lack top 15 games. The 8 games they'll play the teams will all be ranked 15-25 range. I don't think Oklahoma is gonna play enough good teams to leapfrog Clemson with Clemson being #2 for most the year. I think we already pretty much know who the 4 playoff teams are and it's Bama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson. Maybe Georgia's loss in the SECCG puts Oklahoma in over them but I still think UGA is gonna get in. CFB playoff is boring when we already know who the final 4 teams are pretty much after the 3rd week.

First, what 8 teams? Furman, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest have 0 shot at being ranked at any point. You're telling me every other team on their schedule will have been ranked? To this point, only 3 have - FSU, South Carolina, and now Boston College.

Also, what difference does it make if a team like FSU was ranked at one point but is actually a terrible team?

TUSK
09-17-2018, 11:28 AM
First, what 8 teams? Furman, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, and Wake Forest have 0 shot at being ranked at any point. You're telling me every other team on their schedule will have been ranked? To this point, only 3 have - FSU, South Carolina, and now Boston College.

Also, what difference does it make if a team like FSU was ranked at one point but is actually a terrible team?

I'm glad Clemson's slate is horrific... It'll help distract the infidels from looking too hard at Bammer's schedule...

FSU died the 1st game of last season... They don't look like a top 50 team, IMO....

Dawg61
09-17-2018, 11:49 AM

aTm, Syracuse (undefeated and currently 35th) , NC State (undefeated and currently 37th), FSU, BC, Duke (undefeated and currently 27th), South Carolina and the ACC title game. aTm and BC are ranked right now. FSU and USCe have both already been ranked. Include the ACC title game opponent and I am already correct on 5 teams. The only 3 that are question marks are all within 12 spots of being ranked right now and all 3 are undefeated. My point wasn't how strong Florida State is as they obviously are the weakest of the 8 teams/games I mentioned. My point is Clemson will have played 8 teams I am guessing that have been ranked at some point this season and I don't think Oklahoma is going to have enough schedule strength ammo to leapfrog and undefeated Clemson come playoff.

Dawg61
09-17-2018, 11:55 AM
I'm glad Clemson's slate is horrific... It'll help distract the infidels from looking too hard at Bammer's schedule...

I sense you're slightly worried about Bama having one loss on their resume otherwise you wouldn't be worried at all about Bammer's schedule.

TUSK
09-17-2018, 12:13 PM
I sense you're slightly worried about Bama having one loss on their resume otherwise you wouldn't be worried at all about Bammer's schedule.

Going 13-0 is really difficult, especially in the SECW, regardless of how good you are... This team has a good chance to do it, but it's historically rare.

If the secondary continues to improve and we don't have another rash of injuries (on defense), I like their chances.