PDA

View Full Version : Dogs #10 in ESPN Week 3 Power Rankings

biggun
09-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Should be Top 10 in both AP and coaches polls but if we keep winning we will be Top 10 soon enough

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2018, 07:33 PM
I hate we are not around 7 right now, but when we beat Kentucky 42-10 we will be verified in our hype.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 08:11 PM
FPI has us at #9. Based on results so far I could see everyone ahead of us as warranting their ranking except ... Michigan at #8 WTF? And they had ND at #15 after beating Michigan ... another WTF?

We may have a weakness I'm concerned about relative to SEC play and some other OOC top-level teams, but I think we would blow past Michigan with relative ease. It might would be somewhat close if in Ann Arbor.

ETA: Don't really care this early in season but trying to understand this Michigan love. If they had no losses I might see it. Still wouldn't think they were good tho.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2018, 08:21 PM
One poll that matters!

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 08:24 PM
One poll that matters!

Yes but ignorance must always be called out.

I can’t imagine going back to the pre-BCS era where polls really mattered. Most ridiculous system of all time.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 08:25 PM
One poll that matters!

That one is just as subjective as the others but ... it do matter. I could possibly see AU & Wash still be above us but can't figure out Michigan.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2018, 08:29 PM
That one is just as subjective as the others but ... it do matter. I could possibly see AU & Wash still be above us but can't figure out Michigan.

Those 12 men and women on the committee look at what's really going on. They have been good to us over the past four years. Those 150 coaches and the 1000 sports writers don't. They just vote.

I would be willing to bet Clemson schedule will keep them out of the top four when the first poll come outs. They will be five or six.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 08:33 PM
Those 12 men and women on the committee look at what's really going on. They have been good to us over the past four years. Those 150 coaches and the 1000 sports writers don't. They just vote.

I would be willing to bet Clemson schedule will keep them out of the top four when the first poll come outs. They will be five or six.

Ok Jack ... I might buy that to a certain extent.