PDA

View Full Version : Seeing reports and rumors here and there on social media that Peters is out for the

Saltydog
09-16-2018, 03:05 PM
year. Now, that doesn't surprise me just from what I saw last night but does anyone with a little more information know anything more than rumor and innuendo. Losing Peters would be a HUGE loss for us.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 03:08 PM
the replay was not promising from what I saw. Hang in there Peters! Chin up and keep the faith! Will yourself back.

Dawgfan77
09-16-2018, 03:09 PM
I hate it for the kid silver lining is the kid does have a RS year.

Saltydog
09-16-2018, 03:11 PM
he would be back and ready for the combine, which is several months past the end of the season.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:16 PM
he would be back and ready for the combine, which is several months past the end of the season.

Hopefully that's not just hopeful thinking. And if he is having tests tomorrow I don't see how she or anyone else could possibly know 100% for sure that he will be back.

Robbie or Paul said it would likely be tomorrow before anything is known.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 03:32 PM
He needed crutches to get on the golf cart.

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Huge loss if true. Guys will have to step up

I hope he has a speedy recovery

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:37 PM
He needed crutches to get on the golf cart.

Yeah. As most people know not being able to bear weight on a leg is typically not a good sign.

My guess is absolute best case scenario is a MCL sprain. My likely guess is an ACL tear. But like I said- nothing is going to be definitively known until tests are actually done.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Let's ask Foam Bible's medical opinion on this before we jump to any conclusions, guys.**

GreenheadDawg
09-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Man that’s not good. We can afford to lose guys from an already mediocre secondary. Nonetheless, hope Peters makes a speedy recovery. Who will take his spot? Smitherman?

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Man that’s not good. We can afford to lose guys from an already mediocre secondary. Nonetheless, hope Peters makes a speedy recovery. Who will take his spot? Smitherman?

Yes. We're another injury away at CB from being in deep trouble

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:55 PM

Smitherman played for him last night and did fine. Tyler Williams had a rough night. Robbie and Paul are saying that it could be Rayford and it may be that the reason we went with Smitherman was because Rayford was practicing at safety all week because of Abrams being out the first half.

I would probably go with Rayford if it were me.

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Yes. We're another injury away at CB from being in deep trouble

and I cannot express what a relief that would be for a number of posters who hate the burden of high expectations.

maroonmania
09-16-2018, 05:03 PM

Hate losing Peters but he is by no means a "shut down" cornerback. We should be able to find someone that can step up and play at or near the same level. Biggest thing we will miss not having Peters is he could size up with some of the bigger SEC receivers.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 07:02 PM
Hate losing Peters but he is by no means a "shut down" cornerback. We should be able to find someone that can step up and play at or near the same level. Biggest thing we will miss not having Peters is he could size up with some of the bigger SEC receivers.

We could use Dantler on the big receivers and maybe Tyler Williams of a team has two big receivers. Rayford is not undersized at CB either.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Well, if Peters is done, hopefully he can get healthy for the combine. If not, fortunately he's got a RS to use, and he can play for us next year.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 07:12 PM
It's a position where I'm not thrilled with the depth. We lost Bryant, Durr, Cleveland, and Gray from 2017. And we now play 5 defensive backs. If Peters is out for a lengthy term, my answer might be:

McLaurin and Abram at safety

Cole at nickel

Dantzler and Smitherman at corner

Landrews will back up Cole

CJ Walker backs up the two safeties

Rayford backs up the two safeties and also backs up the two corners. He also competes with Smitherman for the starting corner spot.

Williams backs up the two corners.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Last year when rankin went down, a RSF took the reigns and became a very good player. Could a true freshman, Murphy, perhaps do the same this season?

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Last year when rankin went down, a RSF took the reigns and became a very good player. Could a true freshman, Murphy, perhaps do the same this season?

If Murphy is more comfortable at safety, I could see Rayford making the move back to corner, which moves Murphy up the depth chart at safety. Rayford doesn't wow me, but he is a mature veteran.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 09:51 PM

He has the athleticism. Does he have the ball skills? I think he may replace Cole once he leaves at the Flex/Nickel position when Cole graduates. I guess we could move Cole to CB and then move Murphy to the Flex/Nickle position but that seems unlikely and Cole has just been OK when I've noticed him.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 09:56 PM
I’m hearing sprained ligament, out 4 weeks. Hearing that from someone in his hometown. Guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 09:58 PM
I’m hearing sprained ligament, out 4 weeks. Hearing that from someone in his hometown. Guess we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

That would be best case scenario. Neither Kentucky or Florida are great passing teams and then one of those weeks out would be a bye week meaning he would miss three games instead of four.

Let's pray for the best.