PDA

View Full Version : Moving on to Kentucky

BB30
09-16-2018, 03:02 PM
What are yalls thoughts on this years KY team?

I think we win by a few scores. I think they will have the ability to keep it close for a half. I expect a similar game to the one in 2014.

I just don't think they have the defense to slow down our O enough to win. I do think they will have a little more success running the ball on us with the dual threat at QB. He is a pretty decent player and Snell is solid.

I think we win something like a 35-13 or 35-17 type of game.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2018, 03:06 PM
They are about as good as they were last year.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 03:07 PM
I think we should score 35 + on them. And if they score more than 10 I will be bugged by it. Will these 2 things happen... We'll see.

ETA: I'd also like to see less than 300 yards by them and around 550 by us.

klong-dog
09-16-2018, 03:09 PM
34-20 type game.

RiverCityDawg
09-16-2018, 03:10 PM
They are about as good as they were last year.

No way, their quarterback is much better than last year and otherwise they are about the same, but more experienced. This will be the toughest test to-date by far. I still expect us to win pretty comfortably.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 03:13 PM
34-20 type game.

I don’t think they throw it well enough to get 20.

34-13

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 03:16 PM
What are yalls thoughts on this years KY team?

I think we win by a few scores. I think they will have the ability to keep it close for a half. I expect a similar game to the one in 2014.

I just don't think they have the defense to slow down our O enough to win. I do think they will have a little more success running the ball on us with the dual threat at QB. He is a pretty decent player and Snell is solid.

I think we win something like a 35-13 or 35-17 type of game.

good running qb that can throw long ball. good rb

good OL and DL. id say lower scoring than we r used to and stay away from gambling on it.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:28 PM
Looking at the early returns on stats- it looks to me like their offensive line is pretty good. I have a feeling that's the main difference between Kentucky last year and this year. The key is going to be limiting Snell and keeping him contained. If we do that, we should roll. Our d-line and their o-line should be an interesting match up because they don't allow a lot of sacks or TFL's and we're near or at the top in both categories.

This is weird to say- but all the missed tackles against ULL may have come at a good time because I think that will be emphasized this week in practice. I doubt we will rotate guys through like we did against ULL- so even more Sweat, Simmons, and etc. on the d-line. Rayford and Smitherman are going to need to step up- but early returns show that UK isn't a great passing offense.

On the flip side ultimately one big reason why I think we will win is because we are first in the SEC in rushing offense and Kentucky is 10th. I'm fulling expecting Hill back, plus with Fitz and a newly rejuvenated Aeris Williams we should be OK. I also expect the passing offense to continue to make strides and improve as well as we are still in the 4-5 game learning window for Joe's offense.

Jack Lambert
09-16-2018, 04:18 PM
No way, their quarterback is much better than last year and otherwise they are about the same, but more experienced. This will be the toughest test to-date by far. I still expect us to win pretty comfortably.

They didn't look good against Florida.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 04:21 PM
38-17 state with a solid whipping

LC Dawg
09-16-2018, 05:02 PM
We've given up 26 points this year. 7 were garbage points against ULL and 7 were on a short field after an interception against KSU. I know our competition hasn't been stellar up to now but if Kentucky can score anywhere close to enough points to beat us we will easily lose a few more games.
I think we roll something like 38-13.

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2018, 06:10 PM
Line is -10.5

lastmajordog
09-16-2018, 06:23 PM
They didn't look good against Florida.

Dan Mullenhead approves this message......but........maybe not

msstatelp1
09-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Line is -10.5

I think we cover without a problem