PDA

View Full Version : Questions from looking at box score

msstate7
09-16-2018, 11:30 AM
I missed almost all the game bc of flight, so I have a few questions/comments...

1. Mixon's stat line looks great. Do you think he's the slot going forward?

2. Aeris had a great night. Perhaps talks of him being 3rd string were premature. He looked explosive as I've seen him and that paired with his blocking, makes him very valuable.

3. Leo Lewis with 8 tackles and 1.5 TFL. Really need him to turn in a big season.

4. We had 6 guys (mixon, Guidry, Thomas, aeris, Johnson, and cumbest) avg over 19 yds/catch. Fitz and key avg 11 yds/att. Nick broke a 36 yard run and aeris a 28. The explosiveness seems to be real.

5. I was concerned at first when I saw the ULL qb line (21-29 224 yards), but then I noticed his qbr (30.6) and yds/att (7.7)

I'm pretty impressed with team so far. Time to win a road sec game now

99jc
09-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Mixon looked good. And yes.
Aris looked as explosive as I have ever seen. Will need him and Hill to get through grind ahead.
Leo looked great.
Guidry is the real deal
If Fitz throws like he did last night consistently were a hard out even for Bama.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 11:41 AM
We were very basic in our D scheme last night, and still got a ton of pressure, so I'm not really worried there.

Fitz looked great throwing the ball, and also turned in another 100+ on the ground (plus 4tds).

Leo has looked phenomenal this year. He's flying all over the field. He keeps it up, I won't be surprised at all to see him all SEC by years end (and potentially going to the league a year early).

WR's looked good last night. Guidry is the real deal.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 11:46 AM
Mixon was good but I'm not sure if he's the slot guy because Deddrick Thomas looked good too. I think we rotate guys through that spot to be honest.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 11:50 AM
Mixon was good but I'm not sure if he's the slot guy because Deddrick Thomas looked good too. I think we rotate guys through that spot to be honest.

How did Austin look?

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 11:55 AM
How bout Tim Washington? 9 tackles and 1 TFL. Could be much needed depth there.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 11:57 AM

We're super deep, dude.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 11:58 AM
How did Austin look?

I like Mixon and Thomas both better in the slot. They are explosive and shifty as hell. To me Austin is more of an outside, possession type receiver.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 11:59 AM
I like Mixon and Thomas both better in the slot. They are explosive and shifty as hell. To me Austin is more of an outside, possession type receiver.

That was my first impression also. Perhaps he was there until mixon got healthy

msstate7
09-16-2018, 11:59 AM

Very nice night

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2018, 12:04 PM
We were very basic in our D scheme last night, and still got a ton of pressure

I didn't see us getting a lot of pressure. Certainly not to the levels we did against SFA and KSU. I will say a lot of that was due to them throwing a lot of quick hit bubble screens that negate a pass rush.

Leroy Jenkins
09-16-2018, 12:06 PM
I missed almost all the game bc of flight, so I have a few questions/comments...

1. Mixon's stat line looks great. Do you think he's the slot going forward?

2. Aeris had a great night. Perhaps talks of him being 3rd string were premature. He looked explosive as I've seen him and that paired with his blocking, makes him very valuable.

3. Leo Lewis with 8 tackles and 1.5 TFL. Really need him to turn in a big season.

4. We had 6 guys (mixon, Guidry, Thomas, aeris, Johnson, and cumbest) avg over 19 yds/catch. Fitz and key avg 11 yds/att. Nick broke a 36 yard run and aeris a 28. The explosiveness seems to be real.

5. I was concerned at first when I saw the ULL qb line (21-29 224 yards), but then I noticed his qbr (30.6) and yds/att (7.7)

I'm pretty impressed with team so far. Time to win a road sec game now

Despite what some would have you believe about the high-flying shart's offense, we lead the country in plays over 20 yards (we have 30 through 3 games).... Woody McCorvey aint walking through that door.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 12:20 PM
We're super deep, dude.

Not at that LB spot. Was a concern depth wise. Good to see him step up.

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Leo had a chance to absolutely annihilate the QB from the blind side but just missed. Was hoping he could've gotten that sack. Other than that, the dude has shown up and shown out so far this year.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 12:28 PM

This post gave me Tim Washington crootin' flashbacks. There's been some sightings?

Bully13
09-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Leo had a chance to absolutely annihilate the QB from the blind side but just missed. Was hoping he could've gotten that sack. Other than that, the dude has shown up and shown out so far this year.

Still not understanding how he missed that sack. Shit happens I guess. Leo knew it too.

Saltydog
09-16-2018, 12:52 PM
neutralize our push. That's why I'm worried about Peters injury.

basedog
09-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Two impressive things:

1) Fitz was 3/4 on third down passing with the 4th one dropped by receiver. Yard average per catch was 29 yards!

2). After ULL first drive, the adjustments our defensive Coaches made.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Here's what's impressive about this team and Belichick harps on this constantly: situational football. We are great offensively and defensively on third downs, fourth downs, red zone conversions, etc. it's something a lot of folks overlook but check out our stats in situational football. It's very impressive on both sides of the ball.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Here's what's impressive about this team and Belichick harps on this constantly: situational football. We are great offensively and defensively on third downs, fourth downs, red zone conversions, etc. it's something a lot of folks overlook but check out our stats in situational football. It's very impressive on both sides of the ball.

All our stats a really good ... Across the board. I'm somewhat encouraged by this, especially since I don't think we've played a very good overall game yet.

We haven't played anyone yet tho ... But Bama ain't either really. Lville's D and surprisingly O are pretty bad. OM can't run the ball so Bama can pin their ears back and swarm the pocket. And OM D is horrible.

We'll find out more over next 5 weeks. Our backend D still has me concerned.

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 02:51 PM

man up and tell her to leave you alone till the game is over

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 03:09 PM
We're super deep, dude.

Not at linebacker. We need more depth. Hopeful that Washington can help. Depth at LB is a question after Leo, Errol, and Willie. We aren't deep, and we damn sure aren't "super deep."

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:40 PM
How did Austin look?

I don't remember him having any catches but he played.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 03:50 PM

He had a 25 yard reception across the middle on a nice route and a nice throw by Fitz.

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 03:51 PM

Austin Williams? He had a good catch to get us into the red zone in the first half. Other than that, I don't remember seeing anything else from him

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:56 PM
He had a 25 yard reception across the middle on a nice route and a nice throw by Fitz.

Yes! I remember now.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Would y'all think JOMO is feeling things out before deciding on a few go to's to target more on a regular basis? Lot's of guys getting catches so far YTD.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 04:30 PM
Would y'all think JOMO is feeling things out before deciding on a few go to's to target more on a regular basis? Lot's of guys getting catches so far YTD.

It looks like Guidry and Mitchell on the outside. Williams, Thomas, and Mixon all basically splitting equal snaps in the slot.