PDA

View Full Version : For those that went to the game, how was the logistical

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 09:04 AM
experience compared to the SFA game?

asking for a friend.

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2018, 09:19 AM
We rode the shuttle this time and it may be the last game for my mom. Couldn't handle all the standing in line. Tomorrow I'm looking into the ADA lots but from what I can tell they park you further away than the one we had yesterday. They've got to have a way to get people with issues walking up to the stadium.

basedog
09-16-2018, 09:19 AM
Very good considering the heat and playing ULL. So glad we didn't play early game!

Btw, listening to Joe on the post game drive home, dude is just different in his coach speak talk, special in so many ways on him describing the game plan and results! Has that calming demeanor that demands and gets respect from coaches and players. Long gone are the hollering and threatening coaching tactics. I love his approach!

msbulldog
09-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Very good considering the heat and playing ULL. So glad we didn't play early game!

Btw, listening to Joe on the post game drive home, dude is just different in his coach speak talk, special in so many ways on him describing the game plan and results! Has that calming demeanor that demands and gets respect from coaches and players. Long gone are the hollering and threatening coaching tactics. I love his approach!

Good to hear. I hope we have Joe for a long time! +1

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 10:06 AM
The line back after the game is confusing. It wasn't really clear whether you were on the line for the research park or the one downtown until you got near the end. And bless the heart of the woman splitting us up at the end. She did an awesome job by herself but some signage or some help for her would have been helpful.

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 10:12 AM
The line back after the game is confusing. It wasn't really clear whether you were on the line for the research park or the one downtown until you got near the end. And bless the heart of the woman splitting us up at the end. She did an awesome job by herself but some signage or some help for her would have been helpful.

Noted. And she should have had a person helping her. Giles right?

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 10:22 AM
We rode the shuttle this time and it may be the last game for my mom. Couldn't handle all the standing in line. Tomorrow I'm looking into the ADA lots but from what I can tell they park you further away than the one we had yesterday. They've got to have a way to get people with issues walking up to the stadium.

no doubt its an issue. Your mom's best bet, is to park in the research park but not at the ada lot and ride Gameday research or near Starkville daily news and ride the Davis Wade Stadium bus. Both of those drop at Giles and that is as close as one can get to the stadium on a bus.

The ADA lot from RecPlex goes to Newell Grissom next to the SAE house and they have to walk down the hill. The ADA lot from Research goes to Old main academic next to the Chapel of Memories.

starkvegasdawg
09-16-2018, 10:30 AM
no doubt its an issue. Your mom's best bet, is to park in the research park but not at the ada lot and ride Gameday research or near Starkville daily news and ride the Davis Wade Stadium bus. Both of those drop at Giles and that is as close as one can get to the stadium on a bus.

The ADA lot from RecPlex goes to Newell Grissom next to the SAE house and they have to walk down the hill. The ADA lot from Research goes to Old main academic next to the Chapel of Memories.

Just sent you a pm but you may have just answered the question.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 10:39 AM
We had no problems at all. This time they even honored the pre-paid public parking without having to argue with them.

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 10:48 AM
Just sent you a pm but you may have just answered the question.

got it. thanks for the info.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Noted. And she should have had a person helping her. Giles right?

At Giles.

I did not see anyone helping her but there could have been someone on the other side I couldn't see because of the crowd.

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2018, 03:01 PM
Have the issues with prepaid lots using the ParkMobile app been fixed?

Lots of folks prepaid for parking before the SFA game, only to find the lot full when they got there. Many ended up going to another lot and having to pay AGAIN.

LC Dawg
09-17-2018, 08:00 AM
I was concerned about my 80 year old uncle being able to come to games because there are no carts available. He got a spot in Lot B which is an ADA Bulldog Club lot located at Lloyd Ricks building. He was able to walk to our tailgate and then walk to the game from there. He left our tent early enough to not have to stand in line long at the entrance. MSU basically told him that they could not help him getting from the parking lot to the stadium.
I heard some people talking about some carts that were charging for rides but I never saw them because I get there early and don't venture off from our tent much. I think if someone has a hard time walking the best thing to do would be get one of those fold up wheelchairs to wheel them into the game. The public ADA lot shuttles do not get you close enough if you have trouble walking very far.
I haven't had any trouble with traffic so far because I get there early and I have stayed until the end of each game and then I clean up our tent area before leaving.

HoopsCoach21
09-17-2018, 08:17 AM
I couldn't even find an option to select parking in Starkville on ParkMobile on the way to the game. Anyone else have this issue?