PDA

View Full Version : Trouble on the Plantation?

Jacksondevildog
09-16-2018, 08:23 AM
Some smoke that Matt Corral is not happy and thinking about transferring. Mods on rebelgrove not disputing it.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 08:30 AM
I have a little inside info on them, and corral is a huge project. His accuracy is flat out bad. I'm not sure OM can develop him anyway. They need to keep him though bc they have no one else and corral has real arm talent if they can hone his accuracy

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Lol looks like they'll be calling Malik Henry from Last Chance U if that happens

I'm only half kidding

thf24
09-16-2018, 09:10 AM
Where would he go? The only reason he ended up at OM was that everyone else backed off of him.

EdDawg
09-16-2018, 09:13 AM
Did he even play any? Last I saw Ta'amu was still in with a few minutes left in the game. I'd be upset too, if he didn't get playing time in that game when will he?

biggun
09-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Word is, he and Longo, who landed Corral, are both bolting after the season

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Look for OM to take a Juco QB.

TrapGame
09-16-2018, 09:55 AM
So, McGriff is certainly tossed at the end of the season. Longo jumps ship. And Corral goes somewhere else. I guess Luke picks up a JUCO QB. He hires some G5 spread minded OC and some G5 DC that might be a step up from McGriff.

Hmm, I think they just might welcome Freeze back in 2020.

messageboardsuperhero
09-16-2018, 10:03 AM
They?re going all in on the Jalen Hurts sweepstakes this offseason. I?d imagine full on family relocation and everything.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Ole Miss not developing a high school QB? Shocking.

Ole Miss is probably like "Hey Corral! Thanks for the four star recruiting rankings bump.

basedog
09-16-2018, 11:21 AM
Not sure why folks think Freeze will be back at Cheater U, he was fired for a reason, it ain't gonna happen him coming back. It would divide the school in such a way they may never recover.

Name me a Coach who was fired that came back to the same D1 program?

Lord McBuckethead
09-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Not sure why folks think Freeze will be back at Cheater U, he was fired for a reason, it ain't gonna happen him coming back. It would divide the school in such a way they may never recover.

Freeze very well could be the first, and he will be welcomed with open arms by all those conservative Christian's up there. You know, they would love for him to be their leader. LOVE IT.

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 11:28 AM

If any school were to do it, it would be that bunch.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 11:30 AM
They?re going all in on the Jalen Hurts sweepstakes this offseason. I?d imagine full on family relocation and everything.

I doubt Bama releases him to any SEC team, let alone the SEC West.

msstate7
09-16-2018, 11:32 AM

If he graduates, they can't stop him, right? He needs to be trying to get to Florida or Texas though

SailingDawg
09-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Already seen it on twitter: all in to get Freeze back. Scruggs' money, buy all the players and coaches you need to win. It's worth it.

No clue that's what got them in this position. It's all Mullen's, Jones', Lewis' fault. STILL believing this.

BeardoMSU
09-16-2018, 11:35 AM
If he graduates, they can't stop him, right? He needs to be trying to get to Florida or Texas though

That's correct. I forgot he'd be a graduate transfer.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Has any team ever been so negatively impacted by a NCAA slap on the wrist? Could it be they were hit with "secret sanctions"?

WeWonItAll(Most)
09-16-2018, 12:42 PM
I think he'll be a grad transfer so they can't control that.

ETA: just saw this was already discussed.

TrapGame
09-16-2018, 12:55 PM
The Freeze and Luke factions will tear that place apart. In fact it might do more harm than the NCAA penalties.

DownwardDawg
09-16-2018, 12:58 PM

I don't think Hurts is redshirting, unless I've missed something today.

Rustydawg
09-16-2018, 01:59 PM
Name me one other D1 program whose largest donors are a bunch of convicted felons and people hell bent on cutting corners thinking the rules don?t apply to them.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Name me one other D1 program whose largest donors are a bunch of convicted felons and people hell bent on cutting corners thinking the rules don?t apply to them.

Rusty bringing valid heat on his 11th post. Well done sir.

CowtownDawg
09-16-2018, 02:08 PM
I don't think Hurts is redshirting, unless I've missed something today.

Hurts is a true Jr, so he has two more seasons to play one. He absolutely can go grad transfer and play one more season. He graduates in December. Kid will have completed his degree in 2.5 years.

If he were to redshirt for some reason this year (appears highly unlikely), he would have 2 to play 2.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2018, 02:12 PM
Hurts ain't going to unm. He's a winner and if he goes somewhere else it'll be to another winner. He also doesn't fit their offense at all. If he was a great passer he wouldn't have lost his job. Uf would be a better destination IF he were to leave.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 02:16 PM
Hurts ain't going to unm. He's a winner and if he goes somewhere else it'll be to another winner. He also doesn't fit their offense at all. If he was a great passer he wouldn't have lost his job. Uf would be a better destination IF he were to leave.

The rumor is Mullen would only want him if he has 2 to play. We'll see.

Hurts can play in one more game this season and still take a redshirt. Rest assured, Saban is going to do what's best for Alabama first, then Hurts second. Not to say Saban doesn't care about Hurts future because he has shown he does, but Hurts plays for Alabama and if Alabama needs Hurts he is going to play him.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Hurts can play in one more game this season and still take a redshirt. Rest assured, Saban is going to do what's best for Alabama first, then Hurts second. Not to say Saban doesn't care about Hurts future because he has shown he does, but Hurts plays for Alabama and if Alabama needs Hurts he is going to play him.

yep. Bamer can beat most teams with Hurts but with other dude, they can name the score. Other dude is needed when bamer plays a tough D. I like other dude. I like his attitude and strong Christian Faith he loves to profess on camera. Is he also tatooless?

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 02:20 PM
I could see Hurts going to Oklahoma depending on what happens with the Murray baseball situation.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2018, 02:24 PM

I've heard recently Danny boy is getting a little more desperate and may be willing to take hurts even if it's a one year rental. We'll see how it plays out.

I absolutely believe you on Saban, he's gonna do whatever is in bama best interest regardless.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 02:25 PM
yep. Bamer can beat most teams with Hurts but with other dude, they can name the score. Other dude is needed when bamer plays a tough D. I like other dude. I like his attitude and strong Christian Faith he loves to profess on camera. Is he also tatooless?

If Tua has any tats, I've not seen/heard about em...

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 02:26 PM
I've heard recently Danny boy is getting a little more desperate and may be willing to take hurts even if it's a one year rental. We'll see how it plays out.

I absolutely believe you on Saban, he's gonna do whatever is in bama best interest regardless.

Hurts to Oklahoma if Kyler leaves for baseball. Which offense would you rather play in? Plus OU is a championship contender with Hurts while Florida is not.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 02:28 PM

I'm sure Mullen is getting desperate after breaking the streak. I heard about the 2 year thing before the loss to Kentucky. That changes things I'm sure. Mullen is way over his head at UF.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Hurts to Oklahoma if Kyler leaves for baseball. Which offense would you rather play in? Plus OU is a championship contender with Hurts while Florida is not.

Hurts at OU is a bad fit. They run a throw first offense and Hurts needs a run first, option style offense. He's a better fit with Mullen. Hurts is nowhere near the passer of Murray.

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 02:34 PM
Hurts at OU is a bad fit. They run a throw first offense and Hurts needs a run first, option style offense. He's a better fit with Mullen. Hurts is nowhere near the passer of Murray.

Agree he isn't the level of passer as Murray but he's still OU's best option and Hurts would probably like to see if he could get better under Lincoln Riley.

Mimi's Babies
09-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Ole Miss not developing a high school QB? Shocking.

Ole Miss is probably like "Hey Corral! Thanks for the four star recruiting rankings bump.

Would they go after the young man from LA, who is a QB, that the local high school refused to allow him to transfer after THEY fired his dad?

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Agree he isn't the level of passer as Murray but he's still OU's best option and Hurts would probably like to see if he could get better under Lincoln Riley.

I doubt OU will offer.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2018, 02:38 PM

Absolutely right, i believe hurts would go to the team that gives him the best chance to make the playoffs.

Commercecomet24
09-16-2018, 02:39 PM
I'm sure Mullen is getting desperate after breaking the streak. I heard about the 2 year thing before the loss to Kentucky. That changes things I'm sure. Mullen is way over his head at UF.

You are correct on all that.

Dolphus Raymond
09-16-2018, 02:40 PM
If I were Hurts, I would jump at the opportunity to be coached by Dan Mullen for a year. Say what you will about DM, but that man can coach-up a QB. IMO, playing his last season under Mullen is a no-brainer for Hurts.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 02:43 PM
If I were Hurts, I would jump at the opportunity to be coached by Dan Mullen for a year. Say what you will about DM, but that man can coach-up a QB. IMO, playing his last season under Mullen is a no-brainer for Hurts.

I agree. If given then chance, that's exactly what I'd do.

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Arkansas would take Petrino back RIGHT 17'n NOW. Nutt as well, probably.

MaroonFlounder
09-16-2018, 02:48 PM

Arkansas would take Petrino back RIGHT 17'n NOW. Nutt as well, probably.

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 03:05 PM

His name is 3 letters. Tua. Tattoo is a longer word. So is idiot.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 03:10 PM
His name is 3 letters. Tua. Tattoo is a longer word. So is idiot.

https://i.postimg.cc/6p23c2mf/Reagan_there_you_go_again.gif

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 03:16 PM
I doubt OU will offer.

Maybe. I do believe Hurts is better than the guy that backs up Kyler though

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 03:21 PM

If I'm Hurts and I can graduate this year I redshirt and transfer to Florida. Still gives him 2 years left and Satan can't block his transfer. We now see why Satan has been playing him to stop this from happening.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 03:26 PM
If I'm Tua and I can graduate this year I redshirt and transfer to Florida. Still gives him 2 years left and Satan can't block his transfer. We now see why Satan has been playing him to stop this from happening.

You mean, "Hurts", not "Tua", right?

And MDL isn't doing anything to Hurts... Hurts says he's never intended to transfer before his graduation in December...

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 03:37 PM

And MDL isn't doing anything to Hurts... Hurts says he's never intended to transfer before his graduation in December...

Be dumb not to redshirt if he's gonna transfer anyways.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:38 PM

Saban is NOT going to let him transfer to Ole Miss. FWIW. No way in hell.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 03:41 PM

If he graduates, can't he transfer any where he wants?

Also, I'd love to face Jalen hurts at OM, the beating would be worse, IMO.

Homedawg
09-16-2018, 03:42 PM

How is he gonna stop him? If he graduates in December, which he is scheduled to do, saban can't do crap about it. Now, he's gonna have lots of options I'm sure, so I doubt he ends up there. But if not, it won't be because saban stopped him.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 03:43 PM
Maybe. I do believe Hurts is better than the guy that backs up Kyler though

That may be the case, but I haven't seen them play. Have you?

I know they have two 4 star kids that were both ranked in the top 11 for pro style QBs in their classes. One a redshirt sophomore, and the other a true freshman. I also know they have the #1 pro style QB in America commited in this class. I'm willing to bet OU feels pretty good about their QB situation, and it's doubtful they want a kid who struggles throwing down field for a single season. Jmo

KOdawg1
09-16-2018, 03:45 PM
Hurts will end up at Florida. Dan needs to win and win quick, and Hurts can help with that.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 03:45 PM

Yes, he can transfer wherever he wants after graduation.

Also, there's no way in the world Jalen and his dad would entertain playing at that trainwreck for his final season, which will be an NFL audition. No way.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 03:50 PM

No amount of dual threat QB could fix the rushing probs at tsun. Not Hurts or Michael Vick in his prime. If Hurts gave tsun even a thought, he'd make a zero on the wonderlick test. or maybe he knows he's never gonna get a dime from the NFL and looking for an oxfart signing bonus to finish out football.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 03:51 PM
HIJACK: did yall see OM fans wearing "shark head hats", yesterday, or did I imagine that?

Bully13
09-16-2018, 03:52 PM
HIJACK: did yall see OM fans wearing "shark head hats", yesterday, or did I imagine that?

that's their latest mascot change. Or did you miss the memo?

TUSK
09-16-2018, 03:53 PM
that's their latest mascot change. Or did you miss the memo?

Naw, I knew they made the switch, but I want one of those hats, dammit.

I can't find any online presence of them... not even pics from the game...

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 03:53 PM

Saw it. They showed it when Jacobs got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing up the Landshark signal after the TD. Then the camera panned over to grown men wearing shark heads in their heads complaining about it. It was awesome!!! Lol.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Saw it. They showed it when Jacobs got called for unsportsmanlike conduct for throwing up the Landshark signal after the TD. Then the camera panned over to grown men wearing shark heads in their heads complaining about it. It was awesome!!! Lol.

I wonder if they make em for "not grown (up) men", too....

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 03:58 PM
How is he gonna stop him? If he graduates in December, which he is scheduled to do, saban can't do crap about it. Now, he's gonna have lots of options I'm sure, so I doubt he ends up there. But if not, it won't be because saban stopped him.

Well, this rule won't last long then.

Todd4State

It was real. There was a guy wearing one that was upset at your running back landsharking an Ole Miss player who was trying to twist his ankle.

TUSK
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1041122545267695617

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Well, this rule won't last long then.

Nah. Sabes loves him some grad transfers. The rule helps him more than hurts him.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Nah. Sabes loves him some grad transfers. The rule helps him more than hurts him.

Yup, he went on record against the rule, but did say it would be to Bammer's advantage...

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 04:03 PM
Hurts is just a secret spy for Satan. He'll probably have him go to Georgia or Auburn.

Token Bammer
09-16-2018, 04:09 PM
Hurts is just a secret spy for Satan. He'll probably have him go to Georgia or Auburn.

61 gets it.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 04:24 PM
It was real. There was a guy wearing one that was upset at your running back landsharking an Ole Miss player who was trying to twist his ankle.

yep. the bear shart player should have been flagged in the endzone. bamer RB skipped 3 times before shaking the bear shart's hand from his ankle. 5 yards deep into the endzone after the TD was already called. Even during the disengagement it shows the bear shart player pushing up trying to flip the bamer RB.

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 05:00 PM
yep. the bear shart player should have been flagged in the endzone. bamer RB skipped 3 times before shaking the bear shart's hand from his ankle. 5 yards deep into the endzone after the TD was already called. Even during the disengagement it shows the bear shart player pushing up trying to flip the bamer RB.

If Ole Miss keeps doing it at some point the SEC is going to start flagging Ole Miss for unnecessary roughness.

Bubb Rubb
09-16-2018, 05:01 PM

I think that's overrated. Mullen's had success with big, athletic, running QBs. His offense doesn't ask his QBs to stretch the field with their arms or throw deep.

The two QBs with pro success that Dan gets credit for (Alex Smith and Dak) were run-first guys who developed better passing skills with pro coaching. Same can be said, to a lesser extent with Tebow.

He deserves credit for the miracle of making Chris Relf a viable college QB. But look no further than Tyler Russell to see how successful he is with throwing QBs.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 05:13 PM
I think that's overrated. Mullen's had success with big, athletic, running QBs. His offense doesn't ask his QBs to stretch the field with their arms or throw deep.

The two QBs with pro success that Dan gets credit for (Alex Smith and Dak) were run-first guys who developed better passing skills with pro coaching. Same can be said, to a lesser extent with Tebow.

He deserves credit for the miracle of making Chris Relf a viable college QB. But look no further than Tyler Russell to see how successful he is with throwing QBs.

Dak was pretty dang good throwing the ball his senior year.

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:46 PM

The OM guy obviously wasn't coached well in the art of ankle-breaking. He'll be better at it next week.

Pit Bull
09-16-2018, 08:51 PM

They can get Hurt's dad a job with a 6 figure salary.....without question.

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 08:53 PM
They can get Hurt's dad a job with a 6 figure salary.....without question.

What sort of work does Hurt's dad do?

BuckyIsAB****
09-16-2018, 08:57 PM

Can he really or can he coach him up to run the ball

Bully13
09-16-2018, 08:58 PM
The OM guy obviously wasn't coached well in the art of ankle-breaking. He'll be better at it next week.

Tsun defender invented a new infraction that the refs had never seen and I'm sure one that is not in the rule book which may be why no flag was thrown. (only a taunting flag on the bamer RB for the fins up)

Bamer RB literally skipped 3 times dragging tsun defender with each skip after the TD in the endzone. Never has a fins up taunt been more warranted. Only in oxfart are these ghey tactics taught, hence the refs confusion. Getting drug while Holding on to a RB's ankle after a TD? Seriously? Pathetic.

I shit you not. check out this at the 2.25 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7Tveuh6eA

ShotgunDawg
09-16-2018, 09:04 PM

Helps LSU as well.

LSU has about 3 grad transfers starting. While, overall I?m in favor of the rule, it basically serves to insure that blue bloods never have holes on their team due to lack of development.

Heck I my mind, maybe we should all just rely on grad transfers for kickers. Why bring a freshman in each year when you can just go find the best SR kicker in the country at smaller programs? I read where LSU?s kicker has a number of records.

Read his bio. Wild that any SEC school can just go get this type of guy every year.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211690235&DB_OEM_ID=5200&Q_SEASON=2018

Bully13
09-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Here's a better clip at the 5:30 mark. Tsun defender get's his feeling hurt for the taunt he deserved then you see the clip of the ghey assed confederate with his ghey assed shark hat showing ghey assed butt hurt for said fins up taunt.

shows how tsun defender even tried at the release to get cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6QQmaNDs3k

RocketDawg
09-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Tsun defender invented a new infraction that the refs had never seen and I'm sure one that is not in the rule book which may be why no flag was thrown. (only a taunting flag on the bamer RB for the fins up)

Bamer RB literally skipped 3 times dragging tsun defender with each skip after the TD in the endzone. Never has a fins up taunt been more warranted. Only in oxfart are these ghey tactics taught, hence the refs confusion. Getting drug while Holding on to a RB's ankle after a TD? Seriously? Pathetic.

I shit you not. check out this at the 2.25 minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So7Tveuh6eA

I suppose it's taunting, but isn't it taunting when the Bears do it too? Yet they get away with it every time

TUSK
09-16-2018, 09:29 PM
I suppose it's taunting, but isn't it taunting when the Bears do it too? Yet they get away with it every time

REC not doin' werk....

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 09:33 PM
REC not doin' werk....

Don't need to. Game well in hand ... no threat here *

Jack Lambert
09-17-2018, 08:17 AM

Hurts is not going to Ole Miss. He is not that stupid or hard up for money.