PDA

View Full Version : ASU-SDSU ending....

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 02:02 AM
If the ground can't cause a fumble, how can it cause an incomplete pass? I'm watching CBSSN's wrap up. I don't buy the arguement their guy is pushing that it should have been called a catch because of the targeting. You either catch it or you don't. He caught the ball. If anything it was a ground caused fumble.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 02:06 AM
If the ground can't cause a fumble, how can it cause an incomplete pass? I'm watching CBSSN's wrap up. I don't buy the arguement their guy is pushing that it should have been called a catch because of the targeting. You either catch it or you don't. He caught the ball. If anything it was a ground caused fumble.

It’s PAC football, buddy. Not like it’s important.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 02:17 AM
It’s PAC football, buddy. Not like it’s important.

I like to watch the PAC. I'm a big USC fan. Anthony Davis was my favorite player as a kid. My wife has an uncle that played for them, a really cool guy who has been really nice to us. Now as far as the National picture is concerned, this year you are correct. Washington is the best team out there, and they lost to Auburn.

TUSK
09-16-2018, 02:29 AM
I like to watch the PAC. I'm a big USC fan. Anthony Davis was my favorite player as a kid. My wife has an uncle that played for them, a really cool guy who has been really nice to us. Now as far as the National picture is concerned, this year you are correct. Washington is the best team out there, and they lost to Auburn.

Oh, crap. Sorry, buddy.

I didn’t know you were “pac”... (NTTAWWT)

I went to see #3 Bammer get their asses whipped by UCLA in Pasadena 2000... ugh

TimberBeast
09-16-2018, 02:34 AM

I remembered you being a USC fan but the conference is garbage now

EdDawg
09-16-2018, 09:21 AM

That's the rule I've always thought should be changed. I seriously have no idea why the ground can't cause a fumble but can cause an incompletion. The millisecond that the player's knee, elbow, back, etc touches the ground they should be called down.

I did not see the play you are referencing, but I've just always hated that rule.

Katdoc12
09-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Im watching the end of the game now, the incomplete was called because he didnt maintain control of the ball to the ground. But it was the targeting hit that dislodged the ball, but there is nothing in the rule regarding this scenario and the 2 rulings are separate.

Bully13
09-16-2018, 01:30 PM
good topic / question. I've seen a few playbacks this year where the receiver has total possession until he and the ball hit the ground and it's ruled incomplete. I assume the rules are different for runners and receivers?