PDA

View Full Version : My Ragin Cajun Thoughts

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 01:31 AM
Fitz looked much better tonight. I don't think we've quite mastered Joe's offense yet- but we're getting close. Good to see Aeris do well tonight. I think Hill will be back and could have come back if necessary but no reason to risk it. I'm starting to notice that our offense is getting more Penn State like- more obvious RPO's and Key and Nick in the formation at the same time. Guidry busted out. The offensive line did a good job other than the two sacks allowed.

I felt like we had them on the defensive all night. They pretty much attacked the edges of our defense all night long. Overall good job- only 10 points allowed and we got an INT but we also had a lot of missed tackles. Our front seven dominated them and Leo looks a lot better. The secondary did a good job for the most part as well- but I am concerned about Peters injury. I hope it's minor.

I thought the special teams looked much better this week. Made all of our extra point attempts, Day had a good punt, we had solid returns all night and Marcus Murphy was smoking them all night in kick coverage.

All in all- our best all-around game so far. I'm very encouraged and excited about the future!

Maroonthirteen
09-16-2018, 07:13 AM
It was ULL. The Kentucky game will tell us a lot.

My only take away from last night..... the JoMo lob to Hill for the dunk was a cool sideline celebration. Having an actual mini goal on the sideline is a bit much.

MetEdDawg
09-16-2018, 07:29 AM

My only take away from last night..... the JoMo lob to Hill for the dunk was a cool sideline celebration. Having an actual mini goal on the sideline is a bit much.

Who is it a bit much for? Because 99% of the fan base and 100% of the football team probably think it's awesome. And honestly I care about the 100% of the players way more.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-16-2018, 08:02 AM
Yep.... ditch the basketball goal....it went from cool to goofy.

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 09:52 AM
I thought we looked bored on defense and screwed around some. I think we’ve dominated teams so for and we’re ready to find out what we’ve got. KY game will be a tough game because we still aren’t completely there yet with the new systems
Still will win comfortably in the end though.

TaleofTwoDogs
09-16-2018, 10:01 AM
Overall good job- only 10 points allowed and we got an INT but we also had a lot of missed tackles.

^^ THIS^^ If you can, go back and watch the game again and you will notice a lot of missed tackles. Hopefully the coaching staff will correct this going forward. Arm tackles don't work against the big boys.

Dental Dawg33
09-16-2018, 10:12 AM

Meh, it’s like the rally banana. Yea it’s goofy and may be a bit much, but if the kids like it and it generates excitement and fun for the players I’m all for it. Unless you’re lord saban and just destroy everyone without cracking a smile, there’s nothing wrong with playing loose and having some fun. Especially if you’re winning

Cooterpoot
09-16-2018, 10:21 AM
They could have a pole dancing contest and I wouldn’t care as long as we’re winning.

Maroonthirteen
09-16-2018, 11:45 AM
They could have a pole dancing contest and I wouldn’t care as long as we’re winning.

Yes you would.

mstatefan91
09-16-2018, 02:30 PM
Our 17ing fan base just has to find something to bitch about.