PDA

View Full Version : We Should Be Concerned

BrunswickDawg
09-15-2018, 11:11 PM
We should be concerned.....

How is Tucker Day going to develop if he is only getting 1 punt a game.
I realize he got 3 against SFA. But, this is the second week in a row with just 1 punt.

This is not a good trend. What if he gets the shanks? How can he kick his way out of it only has 1 shot each week to improve? Don’t we have a second string punter who was an Under-Armor All Star or something. Maybe we should bench Tucker Day for him so we have more punts.

Am I the only person thinking about this? I hope Moorhead sees it, because if I can recognize the problem the coach we are paying to lead this team better. He needs to light a fire under Tucker Day’s ass and make sure he’s got all the training, and the prayers, and the vitamins he can get.

We are only an 8-4 team right now with a punter like this.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-15-2018, 11:45 PM
EDIT: Nevermind, am idiot who took it seriously. well played Brunswick, well played

vv83
09-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Punting is like the only thing you can easily rep in practice. Snap ball, have 3 dudes spring at him, he punts it. It's literally the only think you can easily rep. If he starts shanking it it'll be because he's a head case, not becasue of lack of reps. And I doubt an extra punt or 2 in blowouts would help calm his nerves when he does it on the road a month later in Death Valley.

He has 4 punts on the year and if averaging 39.3 yards per punt. Against SFA he had 1 bad one. He's pinned at least one inside the 20 which lowered his average more. Logan Cook averaged 42.7 yards. He's neither a shank liability nor is he a distance weakness. 3.4 yards per punt is not going to make us an "8-4 team"
Whoosh

preachermatt83
09-15-2018, 11:59 PM
Punting is like the only thing you can easily rep in practice. Snap ball, have 3 dudes spring at him, he punts it. It's literally the only think you can easily rep. If he starts shanking it it'll be because he's a head case, not becasue of lack of reps. And I doubt an extra punt or 2 in blowouts would help calm his nerves when he does it on the road a month later in Death Valley.

He has 4 punts on the year and if averaging 39.3 yards per punt. Against SFA he had 1 bad one. He's pinned at least one inside the 20 which lowered his average more. Logan Cook averaged 42.7 yards. He's neither a shank liability nor is he a distance weakness. 3.4 yards per punt is not going to make us an "8-4 team"
Lol

Todd4State
09-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Why are you so unhappy and miserable!?!**

Gutter Cobreh
09-16-2018, 01:46 AM

I realize he got 3 against SFA. But, this is the second week in a row with just 1 punt.

This is not a good trend. What if he gets the shanks? How can he kick his way out of it only has 1 shot each week to improve? Don’t we have a second string punter who was an Under-Armor All Star or something. Maybe we should bench Tucker Day for him so we have more punts.

Am I the only person thinking about this? I hope Moorhead sees it, because if I can recognize the problem the coach we are paying to lead this team better. He needs to light a fire under Tucker Day’s ass and make sure he’s got all the training, and the prayers, and the vitamins he can get.

It's all good. Moorhead said in the preseason that he likes for his punters to have a 100% "ball to foot" completion rate. While there have been a some close calls, Day is right on target with that as he's still trying to understand Moorhead's special teams philosophy.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 02:08 AM
It's all good. Moorhead said in the preseason that he likes for his punters to have a 100% "ball to foot" completion rate. While there have been a some close calls, Day is right on target with that as he's still trying to understand Moorhead's special teams philosophy.

Well, I did see a high school kicker wiff a kick off recently. The ball fell off the tee and the receiving team got it at the spot.

bulldawg28
09-16-2018, 05:43 AM

Lay off the weed brother.

MagicDawg
09-16-2018, 06:05 AM
Well played.

hacker
09-16-2018, 07:42 AM
Good lord at the whoosh in this thread

Mutt the Hoople
09-16-2018, 07:46 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0Iy464QidBJvFEzu/source.gif

thf24
09-16-2018, 07:48 AM
https://imgur.com/a/Id7g3Dp

somebodyshotmypaw
09-16-2018, 07:56 AM
This is actually a valid concern. I think we should take a knee every time we get the ball in the first half against UK next week. That way our punter gets plenty of playing time. It will also keep our offensive players fresh and healthy.

State82
09-16-2018, 07:57 AM
Nice

Dawgowar
09-16-2018, 08:09 AM
Subtle as a sledgehammer with clear intentions of obvious sarcasm totally missed by so many. Not sure what is most impressive that the post worked or so many normally astute types missed it. Well played sir. Well played. Free Cheetos and deli trays for everyone.

gravedigger
09-16-2018, 08:36 AM

"I used to like to punt on first down" Steve Martin, wild and crazy guy

Percho
09-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Does anyone remember when Ole m and Lswho also, punted on third down more than once?

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 05:46 PM
Subtle as a sledgehammer with clear intentions of obvious sarcasm totally missed by so many. Not sure what is most impressive that the post worked or so many normally astute types missed it. Well played sir. Well played. Free Cheetos and deli trays for everyone.

Ever heard of answering sarcasm with a dead straight face? Dead pan is lost on many.

Gutter Cobreh
09-22-2018, 10:08 PM

I blame you BrunswickDawg for this loss to KY!

Your thread aged well though...as it's no longer sarcastic. It's reality!

BrunswickDawg
09-22-2018, 10:10 PM
I blame you BrunswickDawg for this loss to KY!

Your thread aged well though...as it's no longer sarcastic. It's reality!

Lol! I'll take my blame. I spoke that evil into the world and made it happen!