PDA

View Full Version : Just back.....

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 10:27 PM
We did what you are supposed to do to a vastly inferior opponent. No complaints at all. I was tough on Fitz last week, no need for that tonight. He even threw at least two absolutely beautiful long touch passes. This was perhaps his most complete game as QUARTERBACK at MSU. After that first drive he did everything well. Hats off to Aries Williams. He followed up what had to be a huge disappointment last week with a very good game. Hill showed he still has a lot of work to do. I hear his injury won't keep him out next week. It's GREAT to see that when one of those guys is off for whatever reason that the other one will take up the slack. The only real negative may have been Peters' injury. Any word yet on how bad it is?

Activated Alpha
09-15-2018, 10:34 PM
I know how people always build up the upcoming team for State, but next week is the real litmus test for the team. At Kentucky should not be taken lightly and the secondary will have to do a better job then they did tonight. They made plays yes, but I saw some liabilities with the upcoming SEC slate. I hope Peter's injury is not too severe.

Hambone
09-15-2018, 10:37 PM
I don’t see how it isn’t severe.... He couldn’t put any pressure on his leg leaving the field and had to be carted away after a little while in the training tent.

MarketingBully
09-15-2018, 10:40 PM
We did what you are supposed to do to a vastly inferior opponent. No complaints at all. I was tough on Fitz last week, no need for that tonight. He even threw at least two absolutely beautiful long touch passes. This was perhaps his most complete game as QUARTERBACK at MSU. After that first drive he did everything well. Hats off to Aries Williams. He followed up what had to be a huge disappointment last week with a very good game. Hill showed he still has a lot of work to do. I hear his injury won't keep him out next week. It's GREAT to see that when one of those guys is off for whatever reason that the other one will take up the slack. The only real negative may have been Peters' injury. Any word yet on how bad it is?

Wow very good synopsis. What did you do with Liverpooldawg? I concur with your thoughts and saw very similar things. I too hope Peters will be okay and that it’s not serious.

MetEdDawg
09-15-2018, 10:42 PM
If we don't beat Kentucky by 14 points or more then this team is gonna go 8-4. Kentucky, while improved, is quite a bit inferior to us. There isn't a single position on the field where they are better than us except Snell would probably at worst split carries at RB.

We should go into their house and dominate them if we are to think we are seriously a contender. I believe it's important for this team to establish it's physicality and dominance early in games. It may be close in the first half but I expect us to pull away in the 2nd half.

MarketingBully
09-15-2018, 10:43 PM
I know how people always build up the upcoming team for State, but next week is the real litmus test for the team. At Kentucky should not be taken lightly and the secondary will have to do a better job then they did tonight. They made plays yes, but I saw some liabilities with the upcoming SEC slate. I hope Peter's injury is not too severe.

I think we beat UK 14-20 points. We severely overmatch them on both the offensive and defensive lines. I think it will be a similar game to the KSU game where it is close early but we wear them down and win something like 31-10. I don’t think we will be overlooking them at all. I think UK will have our full attention.

MarketingBully
09-15-2018, 10:44 PM
If we don't beat Kentucky by 14 points or more then this team is gonna go 8-4. Kentucky, while improved, is quite a bit inferior to us. There isn't a single position on the field where they are better than us except Snell would probably at worst split carries at RB.

We should go into their house and dominate them if we are to think we are seriously a contender. I believe it's important for this team to establish it's physicality and dominance early in games. It may be close in the first half but I expect us to pull away in the 2nd half.

They?re similar to KSU. We will beat them the same way.

MetEdDawg
09-15-2018, 10:49 PM
They?re similar to KSU. We will beat them the same way.

They are a little better at QB and RB. But this was along my though lines as well. A 31-14 type game

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 10:54 PM
It gets tougher now. This next one is going to be a real test. We better not get caught looking ahead to Mullen Bowl I. If we do Florida won't be the only team with a loss in that game.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 10:56 PM
Wow very good synopsis. What did you do with Liverpooldawg? I concur with your thoughts and saw very similar things. I too hope Peters will be okay and that it’s not serious.

I call it as I see it. We played well tonight.

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 11:12 PM
It gets tougher now. This next one is going to be a real test. We better not get caught looking ahead to Mullen Bowl I. If we do Florida won't be the only team with a loss in that game.

You say this 9-10 times a year.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 11:21 PM
You say this 9-10 times a year.

So you think La La is better than UK?

dawgday166
09-15-2018, 11:30 PM

Be interesting to see how our secondary does next week. Right now I'm fairly underwhelmed with their coverage and ball skills.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-15-2018, 11:33 PM

lol that's not what he said at all. His point is that sometimes the next team on the schedule isn't a tough matchup. In our case, Auburn is the first proven, all round solid team we play and if we don't manhandle UK and UF then we won't have a shot at the bog boys. That's not to say we should take them lightly or overlook them, it's to say that we don't have to pretend they are very solid teams that should give us a good fight... we are better than them and should play like it

Dawg61
09-15-2018, 11:33 PM

Nope I don't

Bothrops
09-15-2018, 11:45 PM
Kentucky is better than K-State, and we aren't vastly better at all positions. We should win by 10-12. The Cats are fired up, and have been talking about it for a week already. Their D-line dominated Florida, and although Florida's team looked like they had taken sedatives, Kentucky kept it up all night. We need to win the LOS for 4 quarters against a team that's actually playing for something. Our secondary needs to get better this week.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 11:57 PM
lol that's not what he said at all. His point is that sometimes the next team on the schedule isn't a tough matchup. In our case, Auburn is the first proven, all round solid team we play and if we don't manhandle UK and UF then we won't have a shot at the bog boys. That's not to say we should take them lightly or overlook them, it's to say that we don't have to pretend they are very solid teams that should give us a good fight... we are better than them and should play like it

UK is better than LA La so by definition it gets tougher next week. Do you disagree with that?

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 11:58 PM
Nope I don't

I wouldn't think anybody would.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Kentucky is better than K-State, and we aren't vastly better at all positions. We should win by 10-12. The Cats are fired up, and have been talking about it for a week already. Their D-line dominated Florida, and although Florida's team looked like they had taken sedatives, Kentucky kept it up all night. We need to win the LOS for 4 quarters against a team that's actually playing for something. Our secondary needs to get better this week.

Yep. Until Mullen got here UK was always a tough game for us. Mullen owned them.......well, at least he did HERE. I think we win the game, but we can't just show up and win.

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 12:08 AM
Yep. Until Mullen got here UK was always a tough game for us. Mullen owned them.......well, at least he did HERE. I think we win the game, but we can't just show up and win.

And we've never once just showed up and expected a win under Moorhead so far. I think you're having Croom flashbacks.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 01:00 AM
And we've never once just showed up and expected a win under Moorhead so far. I think you're having Croom flashbacks.

A three game sample against two cupcakes and a middle of the road, at best, Big 12 team isn't valid. More like JWS flashbacks. Jackie had his big wins, but he also lost some he shouldn't have. I never expected a Croom team to win, period.

Pit Bull
09-16-2018, 01:31 AM

We always seem to have a tendency to start a game slow. Against SFA...our D really jumped on them hard from the getgo. Didn't see that tonight until later in the game. We need to jump on KY big time and plow the field with their QB. If we let him gain confidence, it could make things dicey. Need to pound them and take the fight out of them early. KY will be the best team we have faced so far as well they should be. We handled a hostile crowd at KState so I think we can handle KY's crowd too. Beat them like a rented mule last year and they haven't gotten that much better this year.....so yeah hopefully 2 TDs or more against the Cats. Make sure we contain their new QB....he shows flashes of being really good.

State82
09-16-2018, 08:24 AM
Be interesting to see how our secondary does next week. Right now I'm fairly underwhelmed with their coverage and ball skills.

That makes two of us. And the Peters situation exacerbates the underwhelmed feeling.

the_real_MSU_is_us
09-16-2018, 08:39 AM
UK is better than LA La so by definition it gets tougher next week. Do you disagree with that?

Of course not, but that isnt the point you made. What you said was not "Kentucky will make a closer game of it", it was "the REAL test is against Kentucky". Kentucky isn't good enough to be the "real test". Compare Kentucky to the teams we expect to be on par with, Bama, LSU, and Auburn. Kentucky will hae worse DBs, LBs, DL, OL, WRs, QB, and coaching staff than those teams. Thus they are not the "real test" of our season if you consider us to be a 9+ win team. Of course Kentucky will make it closer than 56-10. KState did too. That doesn't make them a good team though, nor does it mean we should't dominate

Dawg61
09-16-2018, 09:50 AM
A three game sample against two cupcakes and a middle of the road, at best, Big 12 team isn't valid.

How's is not valid? So the only games that matter to determine anything about anything are when we play Bama/Auburn/LSU and all other games are not valid? I don't think I've seen anyone say we are clearly the 3rd best team in the SEC. What I have seen is everyone including every single professional analyst in CFB and the media say we are in the mix as being the 3rd best team. That hasn't changed one bit since we've started 3-0 nor should it. You're just a very pessimistic fan that finds new ways every week to say you think we are only going to win 8 games this year. We get it dude. You expect us to shoot our dicks off. I don't. I think you don't know what you're watching yet and won't ever know till the final record is done and you've come up short in your pessimistic prediction.

dawgday166
09-16-2018, 10:11 AM
That makes two of us. And the Peters situation exacerbates the underwhelmed feeling.

It's gonna suck if that's our only real weakness. If Fitz can throw against elite SEC teams even close to what he did last night (and I believe he can), plus put Mixon in the slot, I think we'll be very good on O. Mixon is explosive. Him and Dedrick Thomas are better than Austin IMO. They both have more elite speed and can cut on a dime. Eiland doesn't need to stand around and let DE's run right around him tho like he did some last night.

D front 7 is really good too. Lewis needs to play better some.

If we had the 2014 CBs we could win west this year. Calhoun, Love and Redmond were pretty damn good when they decided to clamp down, and were really good open field tacklers. I think Deshea was a better CB coach than TBuck seems to be too.

Our CBs now just can't seem to turn around, find the ball, and even get a hand on it to slap it away. Open field tackling isn't good now either. Right now Bama would torch our secondary. AU, TAM, OM, and LSU probably would too. Our front 7 better live in the opposing QB's lap.

Liverpooldawg
09-16-2018, 10:42 AM
Of course not, but that isnt the point you made. What you said was not "Kentucky will make a closer game of it", it was "the REAL test is against Kentucky". Kentucky isn't good enough to be the "real test". Compare Kentucky to the teams we expect to be on par with, Bama, LSU, and Auburn. Kentucky will hae worse DBs, LBs, DL, OL, WRs, QB, and coaching staff than those teams. Thus they are not the "real test" of our season if you consider us to be a 9+ win team. Of course Kentucky will make it closer than 56-10. KState did too. That doesn't make them a good team though, nor does it mean we should't dominate
I meant Kentucky will be the first real test. Not THE real test. We all know who that is.

MarketingBully
09-16-2018, 11:21 AM
K-State is better then Kentucky. Kentucky is okay but we out class them on both the offensive and defensive lines. We are physical at the point of attack and if Fitz keeps improving in the passing game our offense will about be unstoppable. We need to pressure the QB more against Kentucky then we did last night. UL used a lot of weird unbalanced lines that confused our front that is more a proponent of their offense then anything else. They also got the ball out quickly and are more of a passing team. KSU’s offense is more similar to what we will see with Kentucky as their main QB is a Dual Threat. I think our front seven applies enough pressure to help with our secondary and I think we win this comfortably like 31-10 or what MetEd said 31-14.

calidawg
09-16-2018, 11:30 AM

Lol. Win by 10-12 vs Kentucky. We arent vastly better at all positions huh? Let me ask you, who would u take on UK starting 22 over any of ours? State by 24

Bully13
09-16-2018, 11:31 AM
There are lots of QB's & WR's across the country that when given that extra 1.5 seconds for the QB to make a decision and plant his foot while his WR completes the route can look like future NFL stars. The ones who can adapt accordingly when that timing is disrupted is what separates them from those who don't make it to the league. However there are NO QB's or WR's that can produce when the OL gives them nothing at all to work with.