PDA

View Full Version : Wright Thompson

Dawgs31
09-15-2018, 09:47 AM
I?ve always hated that guys shtick

Bully13
09-15-2018, 09:50 AM
who is Wright and what about his shtick. Is everybody supposed to know what you are talking about?

RocketDawg
09-15-2018, 09:53 AM
who is Wright and what about his shtick. Is everybody supposed to know what you are talking about?

Never heard of him. I assume he's probably the guest picker for SEC Nation. GameDay has a WWE guy. The both must've run out of people to invite.

justwin
09-15-2018, 09:55 AM
Completely agree...true south, wtf? Barf

Just when you think the programming on SECN couldn’t get worse.

Tbonewannabe
09-15-2018, 10:58 AM
He is a writer for ESPN and a graduate of UM. He tries to be Faulkner. He does the voice over for a video segment.

Pit Bull
09-15-2018, 11:01 AM
He is a writer for ESPN and a graduate of UM. He tries to be Faulkner. He does the voice over for a video segment.

Ole Miss has several alums in upper mgt. at ESPN. And journalists everywhere in sports.....kinda shows why they get more love than we do regardless of who has the better team.

TrapGame
09-15-2018, 11:03 AM
That True South promo made me ill.

Maroonandwhite
09-15-2018, 12:12 PM
That True South promo made me ill.

Wright Thompson narrated the 30 for 30 on ole miss. His diddy was there during the James Meredith protests. I?m thinking he went through Mizzou?s journalism program, not ole miss. But he?s an Oxford resident and about as douchy as they get.

Leroy Jenkins
09-15-2018, 12:56 PM
I didn't see it because, hurricane. How many shots of rusty tractors in a field, and dilapidated barns.....? Was slow dixie playing softly in the background while he narrated?

hopsondawg22
09-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Wright Thompson is the quintessential delta rebel.

Dawgowar
09-15-2018, 02:28 PM

They'll show edgy hipster south'nors and social elite dixie-ites eating hip southern fusion meals in slow motion to B-Side tracks of unpublished blues singers. "Lord Jeffy Poofybritches makes a Moonpie with the original recipe that was once used as a stool softener by both Jefferson Davis and Dale Earnhardt. (Insert shot of restaurant with no air conditioning while a harmonica plays The Bonnie Blue Flag"

Barf.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2018, 02:39 PM
They'll show edgy hipster south'nors and social elite dixie-ites eating hip southern fusion meals in slow motion to B-Side tracks of unpublished blues singers. "Lord Jeffy Poofybritches makes a Moonpie with the original recipe that was once used as a stool softener by both Jefferson Davis and Dale Earnhardt. (Insert shot of restaurant with no air conditioning while a harmonica plays The Bonnie Blue Flag"

Barf.

Holy shit, lol, that is spot on. You've also just basically summed up the career of John T. Edge (who I used to like, btw), who's recently gone all in on the "going back in time" trudishuns shtick.

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 02:39 PM

Barf.

Lol.

TUSK
09-15-2018, 02:43 PM

Barf.

Legit.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgowar again.

Bully13
09-15-2018, 02:44 PM

Barf.

Rep Given. That's Grade A Journalism.

BeardoMSU
09-15-2018, 02:45 PM
Legit.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgowar again.

I hit him up for ya.

Commercecomet24
09-15-2018, 02:45 PM

Barf.

Dang man that's spot on!

Coursesuper
09-15-2018, 02:47 PM

Barf.

Best post ever!

Prediction? Pain.
09-15-2018, 05:55 PM

Barf.

You won the internet today, dude.

HaggardDawg
09-15-2018, 06:39 PM

Barf.

Have we discovered the Twitter identity of MIssissippi State Trump? That impersonation was spot on!

Dawgowar
09-15-2018, 07:40 PM
Have we discovered the Twitter identity of MIssissippi State Trump? That impersonation was spot on!

No, live in Texas but I follow 105 Trump.

lastmajordog
09-15-2018, 09:00 PM
Until MSU starts a media related school...whether it be video production, journalism, or whatever...it will always be percieved as a “cow college”. That is really a shame since one of the states most respected op ed talking heads (Salter) and writers (Grisham) are MSU alums. It is just a shame but it will stay the same and UNM will continue to get the lion’s share of favorable media and out of state publicity.

FriarsPoint
09-15-2018, 10:06 PM
Until MSU starts a media related school...whether it be video production, journalism, or whatever...it will always be percieved as a ?cow college?. That is really a shame since one of the states most respected op ed talking heads (Salter) and writers (Grisham) are MSU alums. It is just a shame but it will stay the same and UNM will continue to get the lion?s share of favorable media and out of state publicity.

Fine by me. I don?t like media types and all that brings. Publicity is overrated. Just win baby.